#16 Ed Allan

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

BazBoy
Been liked: 28 times

Re: #16 Ed Allan

Post by BazBoy »

With Ed we have HH & Parker & Richards etc etc

So we have to “mould” them
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 145 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Jezza wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 3:06 am Fly's presser

How much have you learnt about the younger players? All four of the younger players you brought in performed well tonight. Going forward, how important is that for regeneration of the group as well?
"So pleasing to see Ed Allan probably turn his last 4 or 5 weeks around at VFL level to really spike; 9 or 10 possessions more than what he had, clearances, contested possession. All the numbers and then to go out and do it out there. To transfer that form to AFL has given us all a little bit of excitement. We're going 'hang on a minute, this young kid is coming', which hopefully spurs him on to want more of that and then comes back bigger and hungrier.
On Ed Allan, it was a deliberate decision to start him at the centre bounce. A bit responsibility for him, how did you see his performance?
"I'm probably going to repeat what I said. We're just rapt with his endeavour; his contest to contest. He's an elite runner. He's played 2 games, but it's really pleasing to see the 2nd game where we put him around where we wanted to be. We draft him as this guy. It's really pleasing to see him perform on the big stage".
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 145 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

^He's one of about 5 on our list that are only an uninterrupted pre-season away from grabbing a start in 2025.

At 6"4, he's a monster for a mid-fiedler and looms as our Andrew / Josh Dunkley.
Consider he's probably grown near on a foot in 5 years and carrying an extra 10-15kg, he's likely only adjusting to a frame that I suspect will be carrying up 95kg.

He managed only six games in 2022 across WAFL Colts and state level as a result of injuries sustained to his lower back.
In the National Draft Combine, he found himself atop the charts for the 20-metre sprint, clocking in at 2.814 seconds, a mere .06 seconds off of the best ever time recorded in 2010.

An inside midfield of Mitchell, JDG, Allan, Macrae might yet service an outside midfield of the likes of Naicos, Lipinski and Harrison.
And we haven't yet seen the Trade / Draft additions to come.

Chain him to Pendles in the off-season.

Go well son.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

inxs88 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:53 pm His spread and running power were impressive. Has to play in the middle next year (not on a wing). Pendles, take him under your wing, so to speak.
Totally, needs to pick the brains of the master.
Another pre-season in the weight room, and he'll have more of a Will Day look about him; which is what we need.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

He will get confidence from that game and I’m extremely pleased for him but the Demons pressure last night was the equivalent of a pre game warm up. He faced more pressure the previous week against the Lions VFL team than last night. At least he settled in on a huge stage and in difficult conditions, showed a bit. He sees the game well and generally makes good decisions but we just need a bit more consistency in his execution. That will come.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Great to see Ed Allen score our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark of the last quarter in a win over the Dees.

I don’t have the record books handy but did Ed Allen just kick the latest goal in a last quarter in our history?
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

Ed Allan's game may be the most significant thing to come out of the whole season. He showed incredible potential. He reminded me of Tom Green at GWS. His inside work and handball was excellent. Add in McGuane next year and it may just mean we can rebuild faster than most thought possible
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He's the most exciting prospect I've seen of ours since......Nick Daicos.

Seriously, he has all the attributes - size, speed, tank, skill, and smarts - necessary to become the big bodied midfielder we've all been longing for. Assuming he has the hunger and drive to go with all of that, I'm confident he'll become a midfield star for us for the next decade.
SLORT
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by SLORT »

RudeBoy wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 3:56 pm I'm confident he'll become a midfield star for us for the next decade.
Here's hoping you're right. His dad was adamant that he wouldn't be a flight risk, especially after he was overlooked by both the Eagles and the Hawks with earlier picks. He's had two years in our system now so next year he needs to be the one that the club finds a spot for, week to week. No more musical chairs.
Presti35
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Robbed of the Rising Star nomination!
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

If the Hawks go well in the finals, and back it up next year, I’ve got a bad feeling
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

Presti35 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:20 pm Robbed of the Rising Star nomination!
I was hoping he didn't get nominated actually - I reckon he will get nominated and can put together a body of work to win the whole award next year.
I think therefore I think - I think
Presti35
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Nominated in round 23, and then again in round 1. Now that would have been something.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!