2024 Injury tracker (please quote/link source).

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Round 16's going to be a ripper!

(Maybe Round 17 when the best team has had a chance to play together - look out Doggies.)
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

I hear Collingwood have reached out to Jezza and David to be on standby to play this week.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Collingwood forward Dan McStay on track for miraculous return
Round 20 the target date.

https://www.zerohanger.com/afl-2024-col ... rn-151248/
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Was McStay participating in match sim for white team today?
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
KenH

Post by KenH »

Pendles has been ruled out for fridays game! Shit!
Cheers big ears
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

^ Goes from bad to worse :(
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
derkd
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

^ no one can really be suprised about this, Scott looked seriously sore towards the end of the Freo game.

brace for the club delaying the news that it is a several week injury...
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Interesting reading when you break down the 16 injuries listed.
Clubs focus on preparing players against soft tissue injuries and from the 16 injuries, the club have four soft tissue injuries amongst the carnage ( I’m excluding DeGoey because it’s not leg / groin related)
This is still a bit un Collingwood like under Wade but I think we can safely say the multiple short turnaround games and early season start has conspired to swell that list.
The other 11 injuries are just dumb luck and if you’re around or have been supporting a footy club long enough, you will have seen it all before.
Of the 11 impact / collision injuries, 4 are concussion and we have to accept all clubs are going to see a lot more of that going forward ( it’s also a strong reason why we need a bye weekend in between the prelim and grand final weeks )
Crisis creates opportunity and this crisis will prepare us so much better for the 2025 season, having exposed so many fringe players to the deep end of the pool. Obviously doesn’t help us in the now but it’s a contact game and you can’t prepare for contact injuries. Sometimes you can be lucky and other times you can be dead set just shit out of luck.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Dark Beanie
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Johnno75 wrote:Was McStay participating in match sim for white team today?
Yes, both he and Eyre did.
Both looked OK, did all the drills prior to match sim.
I didn't see the whole session though.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
derkd

Post by derkd »

Pies2016 wrote:Interesting reading whe

Crisis creates opportunity and this crisis will prepare us so much better for the 2025 season, having exposed so many fringe players to the deep end of the pool. Obviously doesn’t help us in the now but it’s a contact game and you can’t prepare for contact injuries. Sometimes you can be lucky and other times you can be dead set just shit out of luck.
I agree,I would add at some point we have to expose some of the younger players to AFL, the club appeared (before injury crisis) very reluctant to do so.

We need to know if the likes of F.Mcrae and Ed Allan (as an example)are any good..the have been on the list a few years....now they get a decent run at the top line i hope.

The club in its 'ideal world' would have kept playing the 30+ brigade week in week out... that would have pushed the club towards the cliff if not by end of this year...then definitely next year. This i hope forces a bit of rejuvenation of the list. We have already found a few who look some kind of prospects.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
woodys_world69

Post by woodys_world69 »

How did Nick Daicos look at training? at the end of last weeks game he was waddling off the field with a groin niggle...
Hope he's not a late out.

the problem with running this "system" is that yes the VFL players have to come in and fill the position, but there is always extra burden on the existing players to pull extra weight... and with that extra weight comes extra risk to injury.
derkd

Post by derkd »

^Injuries have been a bit of a cascade effect as fewer players are asked to do more.
I think Nick will need a rest at some stage.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Phuck, phuck, phuck!
Without Pendles we've now got the weakest line-up available that I can recall, but definitely since Fly became our coach.
Missing from our best 23 line-up this week will be:

JDG
Pendles
McStay
Elliott
WHE
Checkers
Mitchell
Cox
...as well as Richards.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

If Fin doesn't get selected this week, his papers must have been stamped.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 152 times

Pies injury XXIIV

Post by LaurieHolden »

This Pies injury XXVIII is really starting to take shape:

B: Eyre Murphy Howe
HB: Bytel Begg WHE

C: Carmichael Pendles Long (updated)
FOLL: Steene, JDG, Mitchell

HF: Mihocek Cox McInnes
F: Richards McStay Elliott

I/C:
Last edited by LaurieHolden on Fri May 31, 2024 1:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers