Post Match. Pies down to Cats. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

qldmagpie67
Been liked: 74 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

shawthing wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:Collingwood lost the centre clearances 16 to 6. That's the game, right there.
Yet Cameron won the hitouts by 40!

Makes you realise that rucks are grossly over rated in this day and age.
Funny you should say that
On the fox coverage at half time they highlighted how Cameron was winning the hit outs and Buckley said rucks are basically useless pawns in the game now because midfields are so well coached to understand opponents hit out patterns. He said unless they can go forward and kick goals or back and take intercept marks there next to worthless. They made a joke about it saying Buckley says Grundy is useless and laughed but then they basically agreed the ruck man in today’s game isn’t as valuable to a side as it was years ago. They said as long he makes a contest at least that’s all the team needs
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Piesnchess wrote:
shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote: ASK McStay, and others in our team,the little shit is too much of a smartarse, cant wait for hiim to stuffup at the Dawks, see how sniper Mitchell handles him then,be very interesting. :o
Wow you wipe people quickly. I remember you saying how we couldn't possibly send him to the Hawks last year. You kept calling for Ginni's selection when he wasn't being picked.

I wish we could treat all footballers with some dignity. There is more to life than the Collingwood FC. Thank God for that because it's usually a long time between premiership drinks for us.

Here's a news flash. Supporters of other clubs are human beings too. So are the players!

yeh, ok big ****, I wanted him to stay, sure, but I didnt know the little turd went to the races, the night before the GF, even my son was in bed early before his U /14 GF, had the good sense, Ginni basically spat in Flys face by turning up to mad monday in a jockey outfit , after doing sweet FA in the GF, played a very poor GF. Carlton fans are human beings, not after the vile things they said when Pants passed away, I dont forget that. Oh and Collingwood is just one of my many interests, for your information.

There’s more to the Ginnivan exit other than the version Ginnivan has been spouting
He knows the club won’t come out publicly and attack a departed player it looks bad. His exit interview was a line in the sand moment for him. If you remember Fly’s post match comment “read the room” and there was some stern and frank conversations had with him but as many have stated his a bit of a smart ass and didn’t take kindly to the ultimatum given to him. So he got his manager to shop him around. The club never put him up for trade he went out seeking a trade. The club said if you want out fine you’re out simple.
Watch his behaviour on the field now. They say he’s having fun and enjoying football but it spanks of smart ass behaviour still. Sooner or later he will make a off field error of judgement again (if he hasn’t already and it’s been hushed up) and it he proverbial will hit the fan
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

Hope it’s sooner! Bit of karma. The whole races thing was so disrespectful, to the coaches and for me, John Noble.

I’d reckon Mitchell might be a bit scary, keeping him in line. Strikes me as no nonsense.

Him, olly and the prick Nick in the 90’s that went to sydneee will always piss me off.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
qldmagpie67

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Jojo sooner or later he will screw up it’s in his nature
At the moment he’s towing the company line because a nasty exit from the hawks would spell the end of his afl dream
His mouth will sooner or later get him into trouble
This weeks match against them could be his melt down moment
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

^
ill take an extra battery!!!!! cheers xx
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
swooper
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

I think we need to win at least four games to play finals??

FWIW, Malthouse and Luke Ball talking on the ABC yesterday, reckon we will make it ..and cause a few headaches... :)
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

qldmagpie67 wrote:
On the fox coverage at half time they highlighted how Cameron was winning the hit outs and Buckley said rucks are basically useless pawns in the game now because midfields are so well coached to understand opponents hit out patterns. He said unless they can go forward and kick goals or back and take intercept marks there next to worthless. They made a joke about it saying Buckley says Grundy is useless and laughed but then they basically agreed the ruck man in today’s game isn’t as valuable to a side as it was years ago. They said as long he makes a contest at least that’s all the team needs
Buckley never did know how to employ rucks or tall key forwards effectively. Those sort of comments show he still hasn't learned.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

qldmagpie67 wrote:
shawthing wrote:
Yet Cameron won the hitouts by 40!

Makes you realise that rucks are grossly over rated in this day and age.
On the fox coverage at half time they highlighted how Cameron was winning the hit outs and Buckley said rucks are basically useless pawns in the game now because midfields are so well coached to understand opponents hit out patterns.
I would suggest perhaps its our midfield that fail to read his hiutouts that are overrated, not the ruckman who made the tap down. He can only do what he can do. The rest is up to our midfield, and if they fail to read his taps and get first use, whose fault is that?
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Pies2016, good post above on the VFL. I like what I see reading it through the players we've had to expose, which is by far the best measure of the work going on there.

It was great to see McStay get a bit of a taste again, and especially ahead of schedule. Now for him to build his tank and movement back up. A lot of people learn a lot about themselves when out with a long-termer, and he strikes me as having the right personality to do have done just that.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

pietillidie wrote:
shawthing wrote:There's not a single Collingwood player (and I'm including Nick in this) who has improved on last season.
Nick is a far better all-round player, wearing heavy tags and dominating clearances and inside ball in many games this year, often carrying and willing the team often with minimal support in a way the very elite mature-bodied mids have done at their peak. Don't underestimate that; he's now years ahead of most gun midfielders. Now watch what another pre-season and a team reset does.
Add goal kicking distance to that, too, having just watched some of his highlights. He's always a chance now from anywhere up to 60m, conditions pending. Can't wait to see him with players like Tommy and Beau back keeping opposition midfielders and tags honest.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm