What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Taylor Adams? What's he doing?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Taylor Adams? What's he doing?
Now there’s tickets worth having!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

stui magpie wrote:Taylor Adams? What's he doing?
Going to see the Adams Family?!
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
think positive

Post by think positive »

The wedding venue I shot a couple of weddings at asked if they could use a couple of my pics for an add, the bride just sent me this!! a bit more than I expected!! pretty wrapped!!

partypie

Post by partypie »

Had a lovely day out at our property with young grandkids who had a marvellous time on our vintage ride on mower (blades disengaged). There was an extreme amount of supervision so don’t worry! Checked the afl scores, very relaxing
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Nice work Partypie and well done Jo, nice to see the credit for the photos in the article.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:Nice work Partypie and well done Jo, nice to see the credit for the photos in the article.
Thanks mate I’m stoked!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Putting on tracky daks and a hoodie fresh out of the clothes dryer.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

After 12 months, the slab for my meth lab, ehh I mean new shed up in Toc :wink: has finally been laid.

Now to see how long it takes to actually put the shed up. Hopefully in the next few weeks.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Very impressed at how you've progressed in your photography, TP. I can still recall when you started taking shots, got a new camera, had discussions with Tannin way back when (don't ask me when exactly; how long ago was that?).

It's great to watch someone build on something long enough to get really good at it. 90% of people are miles too impatient to master things.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
think positive

Post by think positive »

thanks mate much appreciated xxx it was in 2017 when i got my first decent camera, well it was hubbies but he lacked the patience! Taking amazing shots on auto on the icefields parkway, the blizzard, bears, and then in Alaska, and in 2.5 weeks im off there again! with upgraded everything!! Hope i dont stuff up!!!
cheers xx

stui, i can take your meth lab mug shot!!!!!
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

Since the arrival of Covid I haven't used any leave. Despite numerous calls from the boss to use some leave, I have taken a month off which he's not happy about but I am. I am out of here (Australia) tomorrow (12th).
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:thanks mate much appreciated xxx it was in 2017 when i got my first decent camera, well it was hubbies but he lacked the patience! Taking amazing shots on auto on the icefields parkway, the blizzard, bears, and then in Alaska, and in 2.5 weeks im off there again! with upgraded everything!! Hope i dont stuff up!!!
cheers xx

stui, i can take your meth lab mug shot!!!!!
:lol: Absolutely
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Progress on the Meth Lab. 2 guys showed up this morning with a whole lot of steel and iron sheets and got to work on it. So far they've got the 2 long walls assembled on the ground, they come back tomorrow to stand the walls up and put the roof trusses up. Only problem is, they won't finish it this week, they'll be coming back Tuesday next week to finish and there's going to be a whole lot of stuff left in the yard for 5 nights with no-one here. So did a quick dash over to Bunnings in Yarrawonga and bought 2 Ring cameras. Currently on charge, I'll connect them up in the morning and mount them in a temporary spot until I come back in 10 days.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I'm liking these Ring cameras.

Had them going up in Toc since the boys packed up Thursday arvo. Lunchtime today I was just getting changed when I heard an alert. Quick check, there's 2 dark skinned guys wearing Hi Vis tops walking down the drive to the back yard, looking at the stuff, then around toward the back door. Few seconds later they come back and head out the front again, but they're empty handed so I don't worry about it, just a bit puzzled about who they are.

3:30 I notice another alert I'd missed, check on the tablet, there's one of them hanging around the front of the house. So I zoomed in on the picture and could just make out the rear end of a van and an NBN screen they use when working on a pit, some containers of soil in the front yard and some narrow trenches.

Looks like the NBN boys are back to repair the connection. :D