decent new TV series

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

think positive wrote:I started to, I’ll have another go!

Seriously get on to breaking bad! It’s incredible,I’m going to rewatch from the first episode in my gym when I finish the sci-fi thing I’m watching!

I liked Saul too, but it’s not a patch on breaking bad!
100% agree that BB is an incredible show.

Cranston is a great actor, going from the larrikin dad on Malcolm in the Middle to being Walter White on Breaking Bad.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

check out Your Honour Jezza, i had to just keep watching, like a book you cant put down!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

I keep forgetting that because I have Amazon Prime I also have their videos.

Last night after hearing and reading about the second series of The Test, documentary series on the Aus Cricket Team, I started watching series one which starts just when Langer took over.

Watched the first 3 episodes, with 20-20 hindsight the reasons why the players eventually wanted him out stick out like dogs balls.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

think positive wrote:check out Your Honour Jezza, i had to just keep watching, like a book you cant put down!
It’s a remake of the Israeli original. A hit in Israel & elsewhere which is why it was snapped up by the Yanks.

https://amp.smh.com.au/culture/tv-and-r ... 58son.html

Friggin’ tense.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Started watching The Boys on prime. OMFG. Super heroes done.......different.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_(TV_series)
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

There’s been so many to watch lately,almost all of them on streaming sites.The Last of us on Foxtel/Binge.Two great foreign language shows on Netflix.Women at War and the Snow Girl.And today I started watching this mockumentary on Netflix taking the mickey out of natural history documentaries called Cunk on Earth(yes that’s the title☺️).It’s quite hilarious in parts.Not all the jokes work,but most of them do,and it’s certainly worth a look.
watt price tully

Saw Shantaram TV series on Apple TV. Based on the terrific rollicking novel (an autobiography of sorts) filmed in Melbourne and I think Bombay (it’s set in both)

One of the houses used in Melbourne as though it was in Bombay (Mumbai) is Labassa where my brother lived for over 25 years & where Mrs WPT & I lived in the mid 80’s for a couple of years:

https://www.nationaltrust.org.au/places/labassa/

Shantaram trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSHhQRsYcM

Can’t say it was the best series I’ve seen. Certainly departed from the book.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

While trialing Apple TV caught Ted Lasso which we’re still watching. Lovely entertainment. A nice break from the crime shows etc. Although Slow Horses is a ripper.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Just binged the last episodes of Firefly lane that just dropped on Netflix, tissues and Jim Beam, yet the end is strangely satisfying and hopeful!

Take a bow, so we’ll done
think positive

Post by think positive »

Manifest, Lost on steroids, but such a oh so satisfying ending. So good!

Also watched the final series of queen ofthe south, brilliant! Lovedit!

Mayans is about to end I’m guessing, and as with sons of anarchy, it looks to be a lesson, with a bit of hope chucked in there!

Now I need Yellowstone!
watt price tully

Deadloch on Prime

An Australian series created by the two Kates. Refreshing, clever and funny.

https://youtu.be/PRYlkqIK_4A
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

Mr Inbetween

Australian, 30 minute episodes, hitman with a heart. Funny, as it is violent, as it is poignant. Absolutely brilliant series (3 seasons) that I can't believe took so long to discover.

A show that will cross the divides between viewing groups, too. Can't recommend it highly enough.
kill for collingwood!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

I actually read about that show a while ago. Sounds interesting.
think positive

Post by think positive »

roar wrote:Mr Inbetween

Australian, 30 minute episodes, hitman with a heart. Funny, as it is violent, as it is poignant. Absolutely brilliant series (3 seasons) that I can't believe took so long to discover.

A show that will cross the divides between viewing groups, too. Can't recommend it highly enough.
Took a look, 5 episodes later I got to get some sleep!

If I was a tadpole why can’t I swim fast now?!

edit, found all of season 1, great show, very dry humour at times, quite a few LOL moments!!!
Last edited by think positive on Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.