What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Still a happy chappy enjoying a delightful day basking in the glory of the flag.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

^
Yep. Happy as a dog with 2 dicks.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

What a weekend, missed family day as was lining up at the AFL store that said it’d get a delivery at midday that arrived at 2, thought better to fight with 10 locals than 10,000 at family day
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

How good does it feel?

All the other stresses in life can get $@&^#, because the only one that matters to my heart is sorted!

Sharing Saturday with junior was the best, I'm so damn happy right now, I'm almost delirious!!

Probably pushed it too hard, I feel hung over but only had a couple on Saturday, and 1 on Sunday, the flu is still kicking my butt a bit I think,

All good, housework, paperwork, flights to book, (week at my BFF unit in Mermaid Beach before the Griswald's hit) and a couple of pics to print for raffle prizes for charity! maybe edit a few more GF pics!

WOW, **** PREMIERS!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

^ Amazing weekend.

So many memories that we'll always have.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^This is the most joyous flag of my lifetime, I reckon. I can't quite explain why, and it might just be my age, but this has been such a blast the whole way to the flag.

1990 was was incredible, obviously, but the lead up was also terrifying given past bad experience, and there was a huge element of relief to it. 2010 was different because a lot of stress and doubt accompanied the first leg, and I was exhausted by the replay.

But this was pure joy. It might be that the club is just a more joyful organisation now, and Fly is such a pleasant character. And perhaps having won so many close ones there was an air of inevitability about it. Maybe, but not sure.

What I do know is that this ride was, and still is, just so much fun. So many feel-good aspects and subplots, and such a universally admired win.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
think positive

Post by think positive »

yep, collingwood is a like a brand new club, still respecting the past, just not living in it. the atmosphere at training and games is just a breath of fresh air.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

think positive wrote:yep, collingwood is a like a brand new club, still respecting the past, just not living in it. the atmosphere at training and games is just a breath of fresh air.
This.

It's a refreshed club post-McGuire and Buckley that honours and respects its past without letting it be a burden. The aim is always about creating new history rather than arrogantly living off it as some other clubs (i.e. Carlton and Essendon) have over the years.

The cultural shift we've witnessed in the past two years has been excellent and will set us up well in the long-term future.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Sitting on the front porch this arvo, reading a book, radio on MMM, beer and glass of red on hand, KISS I was made for loving you came on.

Put the book down, lit a smoke, lifted the red and let the GF wash back over me with a massive smile on my face.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Had the Grandson this weekend. This arvo he wanted me to go on a bike ride with him. Shit, I haven't ridden a bike in 10 years.

I have a bit of collection of old bikes people threw out during Covid, did a bit of work on a few of them. First one I grabbed is a decent mountain bike I found with busted gears, so I stripped the gears off, fixed the brakes and put a single chain on it so it was basically an oversized BMX. Pumped the tyres up, we got 100m up the road and the chain snapped. :lol:

Back home, pulled out the old racing bike I restored 15 years ago. Good squirt of WD40 in the gears, pump the tyres, off we go. All good till the first downhill stretch when I discover I've got no brakes. :shock: Oops.

Lucky I'm wearing an old pair of runners that I'd pretty much worn the grip off on my morning walks. There's no grip left on them now :P

Up to Toc on Monday and then I need to get to work and get at least 1 bike in decent working order so I can take the youngun to a decent bike trail and go for a decent ride with him. I quite enjoyed it.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^Nice work. I bet he loved it.

How were the legs and backside? I keep starting up and stopping, and it's just as painful every time! It's one of those things to keep doing now you've started.

The people I know who do weights always go on about the virtues of doing leg work. I guess cycling is fun way of getting a leg workout, too.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Legs held up surprisingly well, no problems. Maybe it's the miles I walk in the mornings at a decent pace or maybe it was just a short ride. Time will tell.
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

My neighbour and I laughed in the rain today, he is also a Collingwood supporter and nothing rains on that parade.
Flagpies
think positive

Post by think positive »

Kingsofclutch wrote:My neighbour and I laughed in the rain today, he is also a Collingwood supporter and nothing rains on that parade.
how bizarre was yesterdays weather! Hot, hail, hot, rain, freezing, sun, rain, freezing. Yuk

But yes, still basking!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Nice sunny morning, neighbours have pissed off for a long weekend somewhere, sitting on the front fence* eating breakfast at 8am watching the grandson hoon around the deserted street on his bike.

* the front fence is a low (4 brick high) brick fence .