The 2021 Great Big Consolidated Trade & Draft thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

Dave The Man wrote:
robevpau1 wrote:Collingwood have expressed interest in GWS small forward Bobby Hill if the Giants are open to trading him and a deal can’t be struck with Hill’s nominated club of choice, Essendon. (Real Footy)
99% won't Happen
PSD if he doesn't get to Essendon??
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Looked ah Hills seson stats compared to Ginnivan and McCreery.

Gotta say, Im happy enough to run with what we have.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

^ You're right. We do have a bunch of kids that have already showed very good signs. Especially those small forward types. I think the foundations are set.
Good call.
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mattdally »

the fuzz wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
robevpau1 wrote:Collingwood have expressed interest in GWS small forward Bobby Hill if the Giants are open to trading him and a deal can’t be struck with Hill’s nominated club of choice, Essendon. (Real Footy)
99% won't Happen
He's contracted until end of 2023.
I'd be happy to offer pick 27. We don't have anyone like him on our list.
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

BBHS
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by BBHS »

Bombers don't have a great trade hand to get him across. Pick in the 50s won't do it.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Bobby wants Essendon specifically because they have a great history with indigenous lads and they’ve got a solid indigenous culture in the playing group now. He won’t want to come to Collingwood after the year we’ve had.
mattdally
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mattdally »

Get him - Haven't had a player like him since Leon Davis
jatsad
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jatsad »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Bobby wants Essendon specifically because they have a great history with indigenous lads and they’ve got a solid indigenous culture in the playing group now. He won’t want to come to Collingwood after the year we’ve had.
True, but Jetta is now on board. Hopefully could prove decisive.
Jatsad - That is all
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

We add Hill then that's an additional senior listed player we have to let go in order to activate the points carrying picks we need to match a Daicos bid.

I don't think the cost is justified.

Going with the players already added, we already need to delist/trade at least 4 of Lynch, Sier, Rantall, Thomas, and Cox. May re-draft 1 or 2 in the RD after we've matched Daicos and got Dib.
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

jatsad wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Bobby wants Essendon specifically because they have a great history with indigenous lads and they’ve got a solid indigenous culture in the playing group now. He won’t want to come to Collingwood after the year we’ve had.
True, but Jetta is now on board. Hopefully could prove decisive.
Daniel Wells is still at the club. Is currently working with Collingwood’s Indigenous community programs and AFL recruiting staff. Also one of the 12 people appointed to new Collingwood anti-racism group to implement the findings in the Do Better report, including a framework.

We currently have two indigenous players on the list Johnson and Kruger.

I'd like to reiterate what Collingwood are trying to achieve as a result for the Do Better report. Have been waiting for a long time for change, I now have faith that it is happening. Being dark skinned, knowing racism, following this club, being called to defend the indefensible, has been tiresome.

So when this all came to a head, 27 years after the Winmar incident, it was cathartic.

So, I for one want to think of our club's future in this regard in the following terms:

"The CFC DO BETTER REPORT is an independent review that challenges Collingwood to take a leadership position in Australian sport by confronting racism.

It also urges Collingwood to use its past to inform its future and to drive change in our game and, more broadly, our nation.

These challenges Collingwood accepts without qualification."

We are building it. They will come.
jatsad
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jatsad »

jackcass wrote:We add Hill then that's an additional senior listed player we have to let go in order to activate the points carrying picks we need to match a Daicos bid.

Going with the players already added, we already need to delist/trade at least 4 of Lynch, Sier, Rantall, Thomas, and Cox. May re-draft 1 or 2 in the RD after we've matched Daicos and got Dib.
We do have a future 3rd. Throw in Thomas, done deal.
Jatsad - That is all
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

inxs88 wrote:
jatsad wrote:
jackcass wrote:We add Hill then that's an additional senior listed player we have to let go in order to activate the points carrying picks we need to match a Daicos bid.

We do have a future 3rd. Throw in Thomas, done deal.
If the cost of things in life was the sole criteria for inhibiting progress, there would be no Westgate Bridge, NDIS, freeway systems or VFL Park (okay, strike that one).
You have a career as a media advisor to a politician.
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

the fuzz wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
99% won't Happen
Cant because he is contracted.
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
Presti35
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

I put this forward to you guys;

Pick 27 and Sier to GWS for Hill and pick 53.

If the Hill trade falls through, could we package 27 and Lynch to the Hawks for one of the "Hawthorn-Four"? Dont know which one we'd want tho. And GW would know a thing or two about that.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!