#14 James Aish

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Who'd a thunk it! He gets a few games under his belt and subsequently grows in confidence and plays better football in the process.

Never doubted that he wouldn't be a good player for us, but he's only 20 years old so he'll have his bad days but he's a terrific recruit for the club.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Jezza wrote:Who'd a thunk it! He gets a few games under his belt and subsequently grows in confidence and plays better football in the process.

Never doubted that he wouldn't be a good player for us, but he's only 20 years old so he'll have his bad days but he's a terrific recruit for the club.
Spot on He was very young in his Draft Year Too.

Still be Patchy for a Few years but when he is 22-23 when you think when he starts to really find Consistency and be in the Midfield
I am Da Man
STOKA35

Post by STOKA35 »

Played well tonight
King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

He has composure.
Cannot teach composure.
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

There's something about this guy, he'd struggle to weigh 60kgs in wet clothing but damn, he has a crack, awesome hands, he can (*&^%^& play alright, it was like he teleported from end to end, i reckon we've got a live one here guys.

I gave him votes tonight
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He showed some real promise tonight. Hope he continues to improve, grow in confidence....and put on a few kilos of muscle.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

RudeBoy wrote:He showed some real promise tonight. Hope he continues to improve, grow in confidence....and put on a few kilos of muscle.
Hopefully has a Injury Free Pre-Season so can take his game to a New Level in 2017
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

King Monkey wrote:He has composure.
Cannot teach composure.
Yep - Never Panics
I am Da Man
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Tonight and last week showed why we chased him hard
He has that one thing you can't teach players and that's the natural feel for the game
He seems to have time and composure and for such a small frame has courage to burn
He will only get better for sure another couple pre seasons and 5kg on his frame
Long way to go to be a elite player but signs are he has the opportunity to be one if he continues to work hard
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Has had a nightmare year and a half before a couple of games ago. Now playing at a level I expect of him for a player of his pedigree. Will only get better from here.
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

Never any doubt about Aish, I have 100% more faith in him being a star at the Pies than JDG ever making.
There is Collingwood and then the rest.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

Aish is starting to remid me of Steele Sidebottom. I don't mean he looks like him or move like him, I mean that Aish hasn't got the same things Sidey hasn't got.

He's not tall.
He's not especially fast over the ground.
He's not some kind of marking miracle-man (i.e., he isn't Howe or Elliott)
He's not muscular. (Talking about the young Sidey now.)

Yep. He could turn out to be a dud like Sidebottom, and has he got a twin brother we can draft?

Long way to go yet, but we are starting to see results from this young man. Robert Harvey didn't start with a string of best-on-grounds either - I like players who start out not being instant stars and just gradually, steadily get better with hard work bringing the talent to the surface.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Tannin wrote:Aish is starting to remid me of Steele Sidebottom. I don't mean he looks like him or move like him, I mean that Aish hasn't got the same things Sidey hasn't got.

He's not tall.
He's not especially fast over the ground.
He's not some kind of marking miracle-man (i.e., he isn't Howe or Elliott)
He's not muscular. (Talking about the young Sidey now.)

Yep. He could turn out to be a dud like Sidebottom, and has he got a twin brother we can draft?

Long way to go yet, but we are starting to see results from this young man. Robert Harvey didn't start with a string of best-on-grounds either - I like players who start out not being instant stars and just gradually, steadily get better with hard work bringing the talent to the surface.
He could develop into a Mitchell type mid fielder.
matrix10

Post by matrix10 »

Slowly getting there- will be a gun.

Silky, surprisingly tough, excellent decision maker and uses ball very well.
Bucks2014

Post by Bucks2014 »

Very happy with how he's going, not quick but great awareness. Hoping he's a 200 gamer for us.
"Still waiting for your call Caroline ... not a quote in sight. Don't ever presume to speak on Collingwood's behalf,"