He takes your name!

If you want to be able to chat about the really interesting stuff in footy without being hassled by the guys - do it here!

Moderators: Hanskies, foxychick

Miss_Lisey_Molloy

Post by Miss_Lisey_Molloy »

I would have the husband's surname!! I wish i could keep mine, but then i'd look silly, and would hate making my kids have the hyphen thing, or to not have the same last name as them!!!

I absolutely adore my signature!! I dont ever want to change it! Whenever im bored i sign my signature over and over and over and i dont want to get a new one!!! I have Graham Wright's last name too :D:P But i guess i will change it! Even though i dont want to!

Anyone want my autograph so when i get married it will be famous? :P

Love always, Alyssa xoxo
*~Alyssa's Song Of The Moment~*
I See You - Luke Bryan

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

I totally agree Dilly5. I will take my fiance's name because its tradition but its just as plausible for the woman to take her husband's name. I dont have a problem with that at all. I just feel that if youre not prepared to both have the same name, no matter who changes their name, maybe you should reconsider whether or not youre ready for marriage.

And Magpie Marj, i TOTALLY agree with you. As Kath and Kim would say, its nice, its normal.
Those with the most invested are the last to surrender!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
CQ

Post by CQ »

MissMagpie_20 wrote:I just feel that if youre not prepared to both have the same name, no matter who changes their name, maybe you should reconsider whether or not youre ready for marriage.
its not that much of a big deal u know. some ppl feel confortable enough eith each other without changing their last names. if marraige comes down to a bloody name change then maybe u should reconsider!
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

Thats not the case at all CQ. My point is, having the same name is part of getting married, if youre not comfortable with it, maybe it tells you that youre not ready for the committment of marriage. Its a big tradition and IMO is a big deal. Something Im sure you will recognise when your at that stage of your life.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
CQ

Post by CQ »

MissMagpie_20 wrote:Thats not the case at all CQ. My point is, having the same name is part of getting married, if youre not comfortable with it, maybe it tells you that youre not ready for the committment of marriage. Its a big tradition and IMO is a big deal. Something Im sure you will recognise when your at that stage of your life.
oh yer, and i suppose no sex b4 marraige is also a biggie eh?
um no i dont think i wil be or do recognise it bcos its not important to me.
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

No sex before marriage has nothing to do with anything were talking about Nat :? :? I cdunno about others but i certainly dont live by that rule.

I dont suppose it is important to you so its hard for you to undersstand. Ah well.

Foreverpies

Post by Foreverpies »

I think each to there own in this case!!

I don't think I will be changing my name, it's a matter of choice there's no right or wrong.
LIL PRESTIGIACOMO

Post by LIL PRESTIGIACOMO »

I can't wait to change my name, I alreayd have enough trouble signing Leonie Prestigiacomo!! It changes everytime i do sign something, I'm not sure how Simon does it all the time!!

Luv Leez!
swooper
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swooper »

I dont know why saying that if 'you are not prepared to take your husbands name' means youre not ready for marriage??? What does a name have to do with it at all? Surely things like honesty, committment, trust,LOVE have a whole lot more to do with whether or not you keep your surname or not? I wouldve thought that is the least important thing to consider when getting married. However, it is a personal choice in the end right? If we had children, I wouldnt have a problem with the child taking the husbands name at all, I think hyphenated names ,by and large dont work.

Im pretty sure Im older than alot of u chicks out there, but I just think its sooooo old fashioned!!! My opinion only guys!
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

Im simply stating my opinion too Swooper, i beleive name changing is a big part of it. Sometimes, actually 99% of the time, CQ has big issues with her ability to have a conflicting opinion without becoming quite nasty in the process.

CQ

Post by CQ »

what does that have to do with anything swooper is asking? pretty much nothing :roll:
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

Just felt like saying it CQ. Its my right to do so. Deal with it dude. :roll:

CQ

Post by CQ »

anything else you 'feel like' saying? or are u just in the shits about something in another forum? me thinks YES. :roll:
dilly5

Post by dilly5 »

I think Miss M and CQ should have an arm wrestle.
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

Lol I agree Dilly5, we definetely need to do something!