STILL THE ONE

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

JAMESMANSON

Camera?

Post by JAMESMANSON »

Can someone please explain more fully this talk of a camera in the cheersquad?

If its true it is a gross invasion of privacy and I agree with others that it should NOT happen. I nor other cheersquad members have consented to being filmed in anything other than a passing manner by ordinary cameras. That boom camera we had earlier in the year was bad enough at blocking our view which when added to the "army" of overtly reactive security red coats sprinting the aisle every 10 seconds substantially detratcts from the spectatcle and view of the game.

Did last Sat night not show people how blind the media are and how screened images are used to distort the truth-often with no recourse. I'm still waiting to hear an appology from these very same people for the defaming language used by a number of media outlets. While on this topic the AFL's silence regarding the behaviour of players interacting with the crowd has been deafening-Poor Fevola should ask for his "finger" fine back as we have seen two incidents substantially worse at Telstra alone recently from seperate players which have gone without punishment- this silence has created a distucrbing precedent.

Have the station in question offered us compensation for this infringment or for the possible use of our images as individuals and the cheersquad as a whole for future commercial use? Once filmed these things have a habit of being re-used in all sorts of disparate forums.

I for one go to the football to enjoy myself with my mates and do not wish to beamed around the world. This is quality time without any of the distractions of outside world.
~Jessica~

Post by ~Jessica~ »

hmm I will have to do my hair and make up then :wink:
Geoffy Pie

Post by Geoffy Pie »

Thankyou JamesManson, someone can actually see the real side to it.
Cameras in the c/s wrecks the atmosphere, you know you're being watched all the time and it's a load of shit. I go to the footy to watch the footy game, i get passionate and yes i swear just like every other supporter, but it shows the true passion, but this week we have to keep our mouths closed because we are being watched all the time. Like JameManson said i don't mind having a camera sweep past every now and then but to have a camera watching you all night is ridicolous.

It detracts from the atmosphere as people know they are being watched this means that people don't act themselves. Who actually gave the go ahead to this without the consent of the cheersquad??
Poor men wanna be rich
Rich men wanna be king
And a king ain't satisfed till he rules everything
JLC

Post by JLC »

This is like Big Brother with the "house" being Colonial Stadium.

Based on that the nominations for evictions submitted by the Police are:

1. Craig
2. Joffa
3. Other

Ch 9 viewers will have up until 3/4 time to submit their votes via sms and whoever receives the most votes will be evicted from Colonial....lol

:lol:

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Peter

Post by Peter »

We are on TV every week...what do you think they aren't going to the game tonight just 3.5 hrs of the cheer squad...c'mon guy's get serious we rock. We have nothing to hide....don't be camera shy!! Smile be loud be proud. Just don't pick your nose what a laugh if someone gets on the TV doing something like that. See you all tonight!!
YESTERDAY is history
TOMORROW in a mystery
TODAY IS A GIFT
WHICH IS WHY WE CALL IT THE PRESENT
"Life is meant to be lived";LIVE FOR TODAY
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

JLC - are you nominating yourself to be Igor? LOL :wink: :wink:

I doubt we'll get on that much anyway - there is a game on afterall.

Has it even been really confirmed that it is actually happening anyway? I thought there would've been something in the papers seeing as they want to report on anything to do with us 'bunch of ferals'.

Jen
HANDS OFF OUR JUMPER

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica