Cheer Squad last night.

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
frankiboy wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:I left at the 20 Minute Mark as people say The Dome is Crap to get out of
This really is just a lame excuse Dave, I hear it all the time. So if we were up by a goal with 5 mins to go you still would've left early to beat the stampede? In fact a pies win would mean more people left in the stadium making it harder to get out. fwiw, we stayed to the end and got out pretty easy. What people do is their business, I'm not going to sit here and judge but ffs at least be honest about. You were pissed off and left, it's not a hang-able offence.. hell I've done it.. not proud of it but hey.. shit happens!
No - The fat lady had Song so I left.

If you don't like it - Then Get Stuffed. It's My Choice if I want to leave Early
Was this her ??
I think I might be Sick
I am Da Man
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Dave The Man wrote:
frankiboy wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:I left at the 20 Minute Mark as people say The Dome is Crap to get out of
This really is just a lame excuse Dave, I hear it all the time. So if we were up by a goal with 5 mins to go you still would've left early to beat the stampede? In fact a pies win would mean more people left in the stadium making it harder to get out. fwiw, we stayed to the end and got out pretty easy. What people do is their business, I'm not going to sit here and judge but ffs at least be honest about it. You were pissed off and left, it's not a hang-able offence.. hell I've done it.. not proud of it but hey.. shit happens!
No - The fat lady had Song so I left.

If you don't like it - Then Get Stuffed. It's My Choice if I want to leave Early
sheezus Dave, reread my post, stop being a big fat sook and HTFU!!
frankiboy wrote:What people do is their business, I'm not going to sit here and judge but ffs at least be honest about it. You were pissed off and left, it's NOT a hang-able offence.. hell I've done it.. not proud of it but hey.. shit happens!
I wasn't having a go at you for leaving, it was at your lame excuse of "The Dome is Crap to get out of" which in the end you admitted was not the real reason. :idea: :wink:
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

The Cheer Squad was busy most of the night entertaining and arrangeing kids and familes coming in on the guest pass system, Including one kid who has had multiple heart operations!
cobood

Post by cobood »

^ I appreciate those efforts but that wouldnt have been the cause for the c/squad members proudly wearing the new COCS 2010 t-shirt walking out half way thru the last quarter....So this is the NOW is it?
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

cobood wrote:^ I appreciate those efforts but that wouldnt have been the cause for the c/squad members proudly wearing the new COCS 2010 t-shirt walking out half way thru the last quarter....So this is the NOW is it?
They did the very same thing when you were in the cheersquad Frankie nothing has changed..It's not the first post on this subject and it probably wont be the last.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

only ever done it twice - last years prelim - just could not bear the GEEEELONG (dont they know the name of the town??) chants any longer, and the night gf we lost to adelaide - surrounded by the most feral fans ever!!!

bit other than that - i just cant do it!!!!

i still hate the bomber fans for leaving before the end of 1990!! after enduring 3 previous losses to the bitter end - i wanted my shot!!

(i was right behind the essendon cheer squad but level 2 - most didnt hang around)
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
makri

Post by makri »

Walked out at 3qtr time at 2003 GF.

Post by 5150 »

Never left early, never will.

Unless there is some sort of evacuation but as the man on the PA at the MCG says it may only be restricted to one stand.
blacknwhiteatheart

Post by blacknwhiteatheart »

The people that left early gave those 15 thousand saints fans amo to stand up wave and chant us off.

do our players leave when the going gets tough?
we are a proud club, we like to brag about this.... its about time some supporters grow hearts and support there team when they need it.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Last time I left early (that I remember) was when I was about 10 and went with a family friend to a Hawks V Collingwood game at Waverly. That day I was recovering from the flu and was sick as a dog, but I told myself I'd never do it again...and I haven't done it since.

Pretty piss weak excuse to say that you want to beat the crowd. I live 90kms away.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Joel wrote:Last time I left early (that I remember) was when I was about 10 and went with a family friend to a Hawks V Collingwood game at Waverly. That day I was recovering from the flu and was sick as a dog, but I told myself I'd never do it again...and I haven't done it since.

Pretty piss weak excuse to say that you want to beat the crowd. I live 90kms away.
I don't think so - It's a Personal Choice and If you are worried if People Leave Early if they are Losing then Tough Titties
I am Da Man
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

blacknwhiteatheart wrote:
do our players leave when the going gets tough?
some of the more uncharitable folk would argue they go missing.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Yep

Post by Hiss »

I am with you DTM but I never leave early for personal reasons.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
Leggie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

frankiboy wrote:
This really is just a lame excuse Dave, I hear it all the time. So if we were up by a goal with 5 mins to go you still would've left early to beat the stampede? In fact a pies win would mean more people left in the stadium making it harder to get out. fwiw, we stayed to the end and got out pretty easy. What people do is their business, I'm not going to sit here and judge but ffs at least be honest about. You were pissed off and left, it's not a hang-able offence.. hell I've done it.. not proud of it but hey.. shit happens!
Well said.
Bring Back Tranquilli