Troll sickness

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

King Malta

Post by King Malta »

It's very irritating, especially when there's some posters who are quite obviously trolling.

I would like to ignore them, but as mentioned above it becomes a bit hard to keep up.

What can you do I guess, the nature of the internet....
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

richo wrote:Which button is the ignore one?
You have to enter the person's profile and on the bottom of the page, it will say 'add to the ignore list'.

Hope this helps :)
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Leggie
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Leggie »

Ignore is a wonderful thing.
Bring Back Tranquilli
Collingwood 4 eternity

Post by Collingwood 4 eternity »

I think that the obvious message is , that if you are red carded or a pest.

Just create a new persona or multiple personas and start again.

Wash , Rinse , Repeat :roll:

I have no one on ignore on this forum and that will stay the same.

I like Nicks BB and reading as much as I can of what all posters have to say on topics.

Of course some are great and some are FOS , that just is.

What I want to know is , is what is the agenda of these trolls that compels them to spend so much time on here ?
1990 Grand Final :
"From the back pocket, this will be probably the last kick, he need not even kick it, the drought is over. 32 years they've waited, let the celebrations begin" Sandy Roberts
King Malta

Post by King Malta »

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:I think that the obvious message is , that if you are red carded or a pest.

Just create a new persona or multiple personas and start again.

Wash , Rinse , Repeat :roll:

I have no one on ignore on this forum and that will stay the same.

I like Nicks BB and reading as much as I can of what all posters have to say on topics.

Of course some are great and some are FOS , that just is.

What I want to know is , is what is the agenda of these trolls that compels them to spend so much time on here ?
Last edited by King Malta on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richo

Post by richo »

Cheers jezza, go pies!
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

richo wrote:Which button is the ignore one?
The middle one under the poster's avatar. Its a red circle with a red cross inside it! :)
MattyD

Post by MattyD »

I'd be mortally offended if someone has me on ignore!! hahaha

Ah some people just have nothing better to do than shit stir.

I am slowly getting better at either ignoring trolls or playing with them.

It'd be boring if we all thought the same.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

TO be fair, some of the so called Trolls are probably just being a hell of a lot more realistic than most of us are. Doesnt make em right, im a glass half full lad when it comes to the Pies, always have been,its not in my nature to be negative about the club or its players. Oh i bag those i perceive to be turncoats and liars-Madhouse-but thats only out of undying love of the Pies. Theres nothing wrong with being realistic over the Pies, but some on here have turned constant negativity into an art form, and its tiresome now.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

dalyc wrote:
Nick - Pie Man wrote:I have some people on ignore. It's not that big of a deal really, try it out
Yes .. That's an option but isn't this OUR board? Why should WE have to run and hide?
I don't agree with that analogy. It's Nick's board so he can run it however he likes. And using ignore is not so much running and hiding as it is making an irritating problem go away.
Steve86

Post by Steve86 »

this site is pretty lenient to be honest. I've had my IP banned from west coast and freo forums from the slightest of trolling
Greening gold
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Greening gold »

Name them and shame them.
If you used to barrack for the 'Pies, you never barracked for the 'Pies.
E

Post by E »

Pa Marmo wrote:Sadly, not any more, they get to bag the club and the side all they like.
Dont forget we also get to sledge certain pompus a'holes that post on this site that think they are special because they make so much money and manage so many important people.

We sledge them because they are mean and superior and they deserve it. which is why we smile quietly to ourselves when they get laid off and we ask them to wonder why they think it happened........
E

Post by E »

Piesnchess wrote:TO be fair, some of the so called Trolls are probably just being a hell of a lot more realistic than most of us are. Doesnt make em right, im a glass half full lad when it comes to the Pies, always have been,its not in my nature to be negative about the club or its players. Oh i bag those i perceive to be turncoats and liars-Madhouse-but thats only out of undying love of the Pies. Theres nothing wrong with being realistic over the Pies, but some on here have turned constant negativity into an art form, and its tiresome now.
i agree. I think the use of the word troll is out of control. Troll is now a word Nicks posters use to describe someone who doesnt agree with their point of view. Its pathetic.

One of the best collingwood supporters i dont know is Jack Spain. He is collingwood through and through (you only have to go back to his 2010 posts to understand that). he is constantly accused of being a troll.

Even me, the most optimistic collingwood supporter in all of the world (and certainly on this site), has been accused of being a troll in the past. its unbelievable.

Whatever happened to a good old fashioned donnybrook (pun intended) over a difference of opinion!!!!
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

Maybe we should have a McCarthy-esque troll-hunt. Black and reds under the bed? A public burning of all those guilty of intercourse with the Dreamons?
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"