Welcome to Collingwood Patrick Karnezis!

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Welcome home, old boy.

Gabbo's Run

Post by Gabbo's Run »

woftam

Post by woftam »

Dave The Man wrote:Plus Paine asked to be Traded
I don't think he did ask Dave. In fact I'm sure he was gutted to leave the Pies & to leave Melbourne.

From WPT's post in the Jackson Pain thread.

According to daughter no. 2, SEN news had his manager saying Paine is quite distraught at going to QLD. Comes from a close supportive family.

Mind you, this could be an IQ balance:

What with Heater going to GWS our footy club's collective IQ would have been far too high Wink

Paine I think was applying to or was going studying law. THis also affects his uni studies (assuming he was studying). On an individual level, the horse trading must be a huge shock & in some cases could be very disruptive / traumatic.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Welcome aboard Patrick Karnezis... now, show us what you're bringing to the club!
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

Our Clubs development of Players is leaps and bounds ahead of the Bears. Elite Player joining the fold, will play Seniors in 2014.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

It would be nice to see a trade with Brisbane work out for us.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Brenny wrote:However, welcome Patrick Karnezis. I know 0 about you, so look forward to seeing you play!
larrylj wrote:Is he any good? Don't know anything about him.
Geez, dangerous thing to say around here, you get accused of being too much of an one eyed Collingwood fan..... :shock:
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:It would be nice to see a trade with Brisbane work out for us.
Buckley (N)?
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Jon Ralph @RalphyHeraldSun
Pies think Karnezis can be elite. Which is hype. But basically confirms Pies think the Lions development was rubbish. Big issue for Leppa
1:48 PM - 25 Oct 2013
Rofl.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Karnezis is certainly an unfulfilled talent but one worth giving a second opportunity to.

He looks to have done well at reserves level and if playing for the team you supported as a kid with a club legend as coach can't get the very best out of you then nothing will.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Az

Post by Az »

Looks like Hine and Bucks are keen to play him in the midfield which is exciting. We could use his bigger body in there and am looking forward to seeing what he has to offer. On a side note I am slightly relieved we didn't get the Tony Armstrong deal done!
afisher

Post by afisher »

As a first round draft pick he has under achieved. Hoping that coming home to his dream club will give him the motivation to get to his potential . Has a great upside and a Pendles size , so offsets some of the smaller talent we have on our midfield list .
Nice review here before 2013 gives a bit more insight into the lad.

http://www.footytragic.com/blog/2013-pr ... -karnezis/

Sorry to see Jackson go , but we need to build depth in the midfield right now , not in the tall forwards
Dr Pie

Post by Dr Pie »

It seems to me we have a swap between two boys who haven't lived up to their original potential and are both still young enough to turn things around and become the players people had originally hoped they would become. Both boys dispose of the ball well, neither win enough possessions. Our prospects are better with Karnezis because midfielders get more opportunities than key position players and while Pat is a bit tall for a midfielder, Jackson is probably a little short for a key forward. But it could be a win/win situation.

Welcome to the Pies Paddy Karnezis, Good luck at the Brions (except when you play us) Jackson Paine.
Born and raised in Black and White
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

I'm assuming Craig McCrae may have had a hand in this too let alone the other one's who knew him from his Oakleigh days.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman