Rookie list spots

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

stui magpie wrote:
Defender wrote:Mature ruckman is a must, can't into the season with 2 21 year old rucks, it would be madness.
Why? During the H&A season we could play Blair in the ruck against some teams and just rove to the opposition at centre bounces and do 3rd man up elsewhere.

While I'd like a mature ruck as pure back up, I think Grundy and Witts have developed enough to carry it, with the support they have.

We aren't going to win the flag in 2015, we're going to go flat knacker at getting a top 6 spot as a launching pad for 2016 and beyond.
Witts certainly. Not so sure about Grundy yet. As long as they progress then all is well. Then don't have to dominate but keep improving. It's a shame Witts had shoulder surgery post season because he needs the weights.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
GreekLunatic
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

does anyone think we gonna rookie list saad
Presti35
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Presti35 »

GreekLunatic wrote:does anyone think we gonna rookie list saad
Adam or Ahmad? :P
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
Rick

Post by Rick »

Presti35 wrote:
Think I'd rather Adam than Ahmed. We will need some run and carry out of the backline next year.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Rick wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Think I'd rather Adam than Ahmed. We will need some run and carry out of the backline next year.
I reckon we'll have that covered with a combination of Marsh, Sinclair, Maynard, Crisp, Williams and hopefully Sharenberg.
GreekLunatic
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

the guy who takes a bigger run up than joel garner
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

Wow, great hands and long kick. Composed. Like.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
Fatui Attata

Post by Fatui Attata »

Yarran has a lot of the Shaun Burgoyne's about him! Get him!!
I'm not the pheasant plucker I'm the pheasant plucker's son, and I'll be plucking pheasants til the pheasant plucker comes! "Try saying that with a mouthful of peanuts!!" Lou Richards
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Once Frost is officially upgraded, we'll have rookie picks 8, 26 and 43. With pick 60 allocated to Armstrong.
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Presti35 wrote:Once Frost is officially upgraded, we'll have rookie picks 8, 26 and 43. With pick 60 allocated to Armstrong.
Frost won't be upgraded in the rookie draft. What he will get though is what is known as the "nominated rookie" spot, which is where a club can nominate one of its rookies (if they have 39 players on the primary list) or two of its rookies (if they have 38 on the primary list) to play senior football without the need for a Long Term Injury to open up a spot.

We have the 39 senior list players setup, so assuming we don't pull a surprise and utilize pick 3 in the Pre-Season Draft, we will be able to select up to 5 rookies (picks 8 and 26, with pick 43 likely to be thrown away on Armstrong, plus Frost and Gault already retained).

I think pick 60 might actually be utilized to officially bring Mason Cox onto the list as a Category B rookie...
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

MagpieBat wrote:
Presti35 wrote:Once Frost is officially upgraded, we'll have rookie picks 8, 26 and 43. With pick 60 allocated to Armstrong.
Frost won't be upgraded in the rookie draft. What he will get though is what is known as the "nominated rookie" spot, which is where a club can nominate one of its rookies (if they have 39 players on the primary list) or two of its rookies (if they have 38 on the primary list) to play senior football without the need for a Long Term Injury to open up a spot.

We have the 39 senior list players setup, so assuming we don't pull a surprise and utilize pick 3 in the Pre-Season Draft, we will be able to select up to 5 rookies (picks 8 and 26, with pick 43 likely to be thrown away on Armstrong, plus Frost and Gault already retained).

I think pick 60 might actually be utilized to officially bring Mason Cox onto the list as a Category B rookie...
Makes much more sence.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

MagpieBat wrote:

So, what rookie pick do we use on Cam Conlon?
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Conlon. That old chestnut
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum