Pick Laverde not De Goey

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Looking at all those highlights packages, he certainly looks a good player, but there's nothing about him which screams 'A Grade' to me. He looks like a solid and dependable player. Still wtfwik?
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

the jungle drums certainly seem to be beating for us to pick de goey. all the latest mock drafts are spruiking this.

i'd like to see the club run a members' vote and use that as a binding decision.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

He can find it, is decent in close (althopugh some sloppy handballs), can run and carry, knows where the goals are, excellent overhead, and can roost it 50m. What's not to like?
Est. 2002
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Pick Laverde not De Goey

Post by Raw Hammer »

inxs88 wrote:Dekka if Laverde is available, pick him not De Goey! Go the flashy outside, tall fast player with more upside and don't go the traditional slower, inside Pies 6 footer!!!
Huh? he looks quick to me, he's 187cm, can kick, can hit a target, can hit a lead up forward, can kick a 50m long goal or snap, can use both sides of his body. Not sure what vision you've been watching.
Est. 2002
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

John Wren wrote:the jungle drums certainly seem to be beating for us to pick de goey. all the latest mock drafts are spruiking this.

i'd like to see the club run a members' vote and use that as a binding decision.
Lol democracy gone mad. Could you imagine if the likes Nick's got a vote on who we took at pick.5? It would be Chris Egan and a signed photo of Eddie's bum cheeks. :lol:
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Dave The Man

Re: Pick Laverde not De Goey

Post by Dave The Man »

Raw Hammer wrote:
inxs88 wrote:Dekka if Laverde is available, pick him not De Goey! Go the flashy outside, tall fast player with more upside and don't go the traditional slower, inside Pies 6 footer!!!
Huh? he looks quick to me, he's 187cm, can kick, can hit a target, can hit a lead up forward, can kick a 50m long goal or snap, can use both sides of his body. Not sure what vision you've been watching.
Reminds me a Bit or Dayne Beams :D
I am Da Man
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

quayle has us taking de goey. shifter sheehan contnding wright should be considered a top 4 pick. he has stuck to his guns. mentioned this to me at the start of the year that wright, petracca and mccartin were the ones to watch.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

All the Major Mock Drafts have us Drafting De Goey
I am Da Man
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

Sounds like De Goey today but there's a lot of smoke and mirrors going on. I have a feeling we'll surprise and go for a KPP like Lever. That gives us Moore and Lever in 2016 to take the place of our injury prone defence. Brown is moved along and Reid goes forward.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
Dr. Jinx

Post by Dr. Jinx »

I originally wasn't too keen on De Goey, looked like another small mid, but upon finding out his size and hearing him say that he models his game on Nat Fyfe, I've changed my mind. His game style is very similar to Fyfes in the way that he's hard at it and takes a big grab. In saying that I would still go for Laverde purely for his class and Pendlebury potential, but I'd still be happy with De Goey or Pickett.
And although it's unlikely, I hope Cockatoo slips down to 30, the kids a jet
cityslick1

Post by cityslick1 »

If we don't think Laverde is good enough, I'm also hoping that we go for a tall, ie., Lever. De Goey hasnt got the height or athletic ability of Fyfe, so I think is more of a medium mid in the Ben Davies / Joel Corey mould... depending on how good he turns out.

Lever just looks like more of a 200 gamer to me, and Reid / Moore could then play forward more... or if we land Cameron next summer, our key talls could look like this in 2016:

Backs: Reid, Brown, Frost, Lever,
FWDs: Cloke, Cameron, Moore
Ioannina

Post by Ioannina »

Pickett is the best choice
duggieboy
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by duggieboy »

Emma Quayle has Laverde going at 17 to Essington !!
MatthewBoydFanClub

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Ioannina wrote:Pickett is the best choice
It's not as far as list structure is concerned where you have guys such as Blair, Kennedy, Fasolo and Thomas scouting the half forward line. Why another sub 180cm mid/half forward? What we need are tall mids, one more tall forward and another tall defender.