for the betterment in 2003

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

ramjet21

Post by ramjet21 »

absolutely joffa but it seems the disagreeance of those 4-5 people that you talk of(and that i couldnt even name) is adversely affecting the CS at large. perhaps not to individual members so much but the CS as a whole and the direction yourself and others clearly want to take it - ie, forward.
no idea how anyone could interpet genuine passion as ego. thats what collingwood is built on and a bit of fun with a gold jacket should hardly be causing concern with some members. if it is however, it must be indicative of the CS in general. not focussing on the important issues and solutions that could improve it. the welcoming idea and promotion to all, especially familys with rugrats sounds like a perfect idea to work on to me, yet you point out you were shot down at the meeting when you suggested it. was it the idea others didnt like or that it came from you? crazy....good ideas are good ideas.

[This message has been edited by ramjet21 (edited 05 November 2002).]
Rosewall Woman 3

Post by Rosewall Woman 3 »

I have not been a member of the cheer squad, but am joining this year with 3 friends and my 2 children. I do this because I have had many wonderful pre-match meetings at the Cricketers. It is truly awesome. You are asked by someone "Who are you?" You need to supply the name you post under, and there is a real sense of family. People know you from Nick's, Hotrod's and FTO, and you are immediately welcomed, introduced to others, and feel very much a part of proceedings.

I think rotating front row seats, banner holders, etc would be very beneficial for making all members feel valued and an essential part of this community. I can only think this would be good for the group and everyone's sense of belonging and ownership of the best CS in the league. Simple group dynamics back this train of thought up. A welcoming committee seems a good idea as well. Some people can be a bit overwhelmed with the atmosphere to be searching out president's etc at a match. An informal meeting such as the footy match, would be a great opportunity to meet all new members in attendance, without pressing match day pressures. A leadership group seems a plausible way of logistically managing such a large group.

The internet seems an ideal medium to communicate to all members of the CS, and also for others that are sitting on the fence, seeing all of the things involved, and making that committment. Also members that are country/interstate/internationally based can keep a finger on the pulse.

We all have demands pulling us every which way, we need to work together and make the CFC CS the best that ever was!

I look forward to a very exciting and challenging 2003, and hope we can back the boys up in an even more successful year!!
JLC

Post by JLC »

In the old days the Cheersquad used to also make a tshirt. One would think that considering you make a banner each week with great slogans and designs it would not be too hard to design a tshirt and/or jumper. This would be a good way of making people feel part of the cheersquad. The richmond cheersquad have an official tshirt, Collingwood Outer Cheersquad has an official tshirt as does From the Outer.

My friends were going to do a tshirt for the finals last year but ran out of time. We plan on doing a tshirt this year.

Im sure a well designed thsirt and jumper would raise a bit of money for the cheersquad Image

Im sure the people of Nicks can come up with some great ideas ??

Anyway its just a thought Image

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Mcgoughs_gurl

Post by Mcgoughs_gurl »

interesting idea i wonder what others will think

~**Mcgoughs_gurl**~
McGoughs Biggest fan or so i've been told!
jk- i have come to the conclusion that i would like to marry McGough only thing is that i dont think he'd want me dammit! haha
http://groups.msn.com/CFCclub
JLC

Post by JLC »

What do you think McGoughs Girl ?? Its good to hear everyones opinion Image

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Mcgoughs_gurl

Post by Mcgoughs_gurl »

well i'm joining the cheersquad next yr like a lot of the other chics on the board that havent been members b4 & i really think having a welcoming committee would b awesome cause their r so many of you to met i'd prefer to met u all @ once cause then hopefully ill remember everyones name i wanna b apart of the best cheersquad in the AFL & probably the world!!! GO THE PIES

~**Mcgoughs_gurl**~
McGoughs Biggest fan or so i've been told!
jk- i have come to the conclusion that i would like to marry McGough only thing is that i dont think he'd want me dammit! haha
http://groups.msn.com/CFCclub
JLC

Post by JLC »

Ok i guess i was talking about the tshirt idea....lol But it was good to hear your other thoughts Image

Really the Collingwood cheersquad should be the biggest and the best. Afterall we have the most supporters in the league and secondly we get the best coverage on TV out of any cheersquad. You also have a great network to supporters through Nicksboard an other Collingwood boards.

In the early nineties the Cheersquad used to have about 700 - 800 members. How many members are there at present ?? I would guess 400 ?? This year i think 600 people would be a realistic target.

Can someone for the benefit of others please write the process of becoming a member. Who you have to speak to or where to get the form from and the cost and the benefits of being a member etc. With Christmas coming up a Cheersquad membership would be a cool small present for many people im sure Image

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

I'm not sure many people would wear the t-shirt on game day cos alot of us like to wear footy jumpers. Thats just my opinion though.

Floreat Pica - May the Magpies prosper
JLC

Post by JLC »

Yeah thats cool maybe people wouldnt wear it. However from what ive seen the Outer cheersquad jumpers have been very popular as have the FTO tshirts.

It will be interesting to see what happens

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Miss_Lisey_Molloy

Post by Miss_Lisey_Molloy »

I'd still wear my footy jumper. Jarrod is my life! hahaha!Image Everyone on here that I have met recognises me coz of my 7 on my jumper.Image It's really amazing. At family day and the footy people off here come up and go "Hey are u Miss Lisey Molloy?" and im like "umm yes! who r u?" hahahaha! In the cheersquad, can we dress up like demented? lolz!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan~* *~Jarrod 4 Copeland 2003!~*

"I used to love seeing past players. Seeing them now and saying hello gives you a huge buzz. The passion and tradition around the club is fantastic and I love the way Collingwood supporters go about it- it certainly helps the way I play."- Jarrod Molloy

*~SeCrEt SqUiRrEl & gUaCaMoLeS 4EvA!~*
ramjet21

Post by ramjet21 »

sounds like a good idea JLC. as miss magpie said, perhaps many would still wear the team jumpers etc but it would surely still be worth producing a t-shirt. many would want it simply for the sake of it being representative of the CS they belong to, if not to wear to the footy. depends on what youre after tho - if its to have a sea of CS members behind the goals in 'uniform'(would be a great sight) it may not work but if its to have one for the image of the CS and hopefully raise a bit of money, do it. of 500-600 members, you'd think maybe a third would grab one or is that being unrealistic? couple of hundred t-shirts could make a bit of dosh.
JLC

Post by JLC »

I reckon you would sell 100 tshirts easily. If it was a good design then maybe you can sell more. Its a good way to raise money and people get something out of it Image I have a couple Collingwood tshirts that i wear to the pub or during summer even though its not footy season however these designs are not that good. I reckon we could come up with something way better.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

Geez u just love designing clothes don't u JLC. Keysbourough hoodies, hats, Collingwood t-shirts. Have u ever considered a caree in the fashion industry??ImageImage

Floreat Pica - May the Magpies prosper
JLC

Post by JLC »

I didnt design the Keysborough clothing. My friends who Graf designed the stuff. I merely wear the clothing Image

I merely made a suggestion regarding the collingwood cheersquad tshirt. I was actually hoping that other people with creative minds would come up with some good ideas. Judging by the great banner suggestions during the year and creative poetry that i read i thought that we would get some great ideas Image It would be a good activity to get everyone invloved in.

JLC

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
magpie jeff

Post by magpie jeff »

Great idea jon maybe instead of a keyring maybe a cheer squad cap
all other members get a cap upon being a member, a cheer squad cap i reckon would be pretty good.

Much mythologised,frequently misrepresented,collingwood has become a legendary place,from its slums rose a football club that would give its people hope,love and a sense of belonging,the collingwood football club gave its poor a sense of pride, it would quickly grow into the greatest sporting institution in the world...the collingwood football club to it's people is life.