CHEERSQUAD 2003 ALL IDEAS WELCOMED

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

Ian

Post by Ian »

Dont shake the tin in front of a Carlton fan - they'll put 10c in and they ask for change.
Rosewall Woman 1

Post by Rosewall Woman 1 »

cobood

Post by cobood »

Sri about this RW1......*shrugs the shoulders* dont know and dont care..... Thats the attitude I got from reception at the Club yesterday when I tried to ask some questions regarding membership and seating....

As you know the club has wholly taken over the c/squad so u'd be best ring up and ask them.... Im sure they will appreciate a million more calls....

Just a note Im really glad that the club has taken over the c/squad but I think they will have to learn to liase with the ppl that are on hand at the games as to what goes on...

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WERE there)
ck_nd

Post by ck_nd »

As an interstater I find the c/s membership at $25 is pretty good. I don't think there is an associate c/s membership - you would have to check with the club on that one though.

Go Pies! You are doing us Proud.

Carol

May the Wings of the Magpie touch every corner of the Nation!
creedymagpie

Post by creedymagpie »

2 Years ago i was wooed into the idea of joining the cheer squad for the good of the club, to break away from the unofficial, and be a member of a massive cheer squad. I joined and quit at the end of the year because it was not fun being shouted at all the time while enjoying a leisure activity, also being told what to do and being made to fell that you are useless. Now for a new start, hopefully with a new leader who has got som e paitence and someone who has got a personality, i believe that if we get someone like that and someone who is likeable, me, the people who left this year and alot more supporters can get this cheer squad to be the best in the land and we definetly will....

cpc
vamp7

Post by vamp7 »

Hi all, Hope you all had a great X-mas and have a fabulous
New Year.....

Last year I made heaps of flags eg:
WHAT A GAOL.....
MAGPIE MAGIC....
PAZAZZ..........
BALCK&WHITE DYNAMITE
MICK HALES ARMY. did you see them?

They looked fabulous on TV, we have only 2mths to go before our boys come back.Would you magpie people out there like to suggest some new slogans. PLEASE Especially the fisrt game against Caaaaaaaaaaarlton. Image Image

**** MOLLY MAGIC ****
joffa_the_man_in_gold

Post by joffa_the_man_in_gold »

ROSEWALL CLAN.

Welcome to the cheer sqaud.

Last year we had many people sit with us that were not cheer squad members and some have pledged to join up this year such was there pleasurable experience, with the exception of blockbuster games there is no problem for the odd few who would like to sit with us for the day at some games.

As far as reserved seating goes i believe thats on the agenda at the cheer squad meeting on the 30th january as it is now its 25 bucks to join the squad and as of yet we havnt been notified of the cost involved in purchasing a reserved seat but its not too expensive when you consider it gets you into all games interstate and blockbusters in melbourne.
licalicious

Post by licalicious »

joffa_man_in_gold,, does the price of $25 and the cost of seats mean that we don't need a season ticket. As u said that it gets u into all games, including interstate. i thought that if u went interstate (as a friend of mine did) u had to pay extra to sit with the cheersquad. could u plz clarify for me if this is correct.
cobood

Post by cobood »

Licalicious.....Image Im not MIG but Ill try and clarify things for you... Hope u dont mind Joff....

$25 is the price to join the c/squad.... Reserved seat pricing we still dont know... but... and here is where "it gets you into the games" comes in.... Along with your SEASON TICKET (preferably 18 games) they cannot stop you from entering if it is a sellout as you have your seat booked....For away games you have a place in the squad BUT its first in best dressed....

Interstate games NO you dont have to pay extra to sit with the squad as you are a member and hold a reserved seat... What you DO have to pay for is entry... Your season ticket has 18 games on it and there are 22 games in a season... therefore at interstate games you have to pay for an entry ticket.....

Hope this clarifies things for you... if it doesnt please email me or Joff and we will try to explain further.....

Thanks for your interest in the squad....Image

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WERE there)

[This message has been edited by cobood (edited 28 December 2002).]
joffa_the_man_in_gold

LICALICOUS

please just call me joffa

the 25 bucks i guess is just the honour of telling everyone your a member of the greatest cheer squad in league history..to get into games you either purchase a membership ticket or pay some dosh at the gate.

this is waht i have done to give you an idea

im a paid up member of the collingwood football club
i have paid the 25 bucks joining fee into cheer squad
now all i have to pay is the cost of reserve seating into cheer squad which last season was something like 75 bucks.

That gets me finals tickets, it gets me into all blockbuster games and other home and away games and it gets me a seat at all interstate venues i hope myself and good ole frankie have explained this pretty well any other enquiries and please let us know.
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

So I assume you guys who are coming up for the big clash in Brisbane better get your'butts in to gear and sign up for the Northern Armies Function...which btw includes entry into the ground....

Cheers

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)
wimmey

Post by wimmey »

Dear Northern Pie. I have signed up and paid my 65 dollars but I will need addresses as I dont know brissy very well.

Millane was the greatest to ever pull on footy boots
joffa_the_man_in_gold

Whats the cheapest flight to brisbane ?

The bus is cheap but 24 hours travel is a bit too long i dont have a fixture as yet is the game a saturday night game ?

100,000 GOLD WIGS and a million shining eyes
This our country's one true game
And the footy ground's on fire
And collingwood's sons and daughter's, under wide Australian skies
Win or lose we're back again to claim the winner's prize.....

Go Pies you bloody beauties !! 'Caaarm Ornnn' kill the Bloody Bastards.

email..joffa@magpies.net
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

Nah that's the problem Joff - it is a Thursday night game (Good Friday eve)

They wouldn't think to maybe have it on the Saturday to save us all a days or more wage. And it is impossible to get airline deals because of the holiday time it falls on. I don't mind a 24 hours bus or train trip if I'm going somewhere exciting but... Brissy will have to wait. LOL

What a drainer... that is the reason I can't go.

Jen

--
Floreat Pica
BRING BACK NED!
<I>"This is a man's world
But it would be nothing
Without a woman or a girl"</I>
wimmey

Post by wimmey »

I'm sure there are still cheap deals with the airlines if you book on the net...

Millane was the greatest to ever pull on footy boots