Adam Treloar

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

inxs88 wrote:Hate to say it but Jarrod Witts is the obvious currency here given the age of Mumford, the NSW connection with Witts and the modern day difficulty of playing two bona fide Ruckmen in the same team.
If the sub rule gets scrapped and the rotations limited to 80, the game changes big time. Playing two real ruckman, rotating forward for a break becomes a much better option.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Danger will be at Geelong next year. Not worth wasting time on him.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Lazza wrote:Danger will be at Geelong next year. Not worth wasting time on him.
Well he will be if other clubs don't waste time on him.... :roll:
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

jackcass wrote:Well he will be if other clubs don't waste time on him.... :roll:
Wasting our time on a player who has already made his decision is very stupid... :roll:
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

And he told you of his decision when exactly... :roll: :roll:
Captain_MyCaptain

Post by Captain_MyCaptain »

GWS has a list of midfielders to die for, almost. Lets see now..
1. Treloar
2. Coniglio
3. Greene
4. Shiel
5. Whitfield
6. Ward
7. Scully
8. Palmer
9. Smith
10. Kelly
11. Ahern
12. Griffen
................ any more?
They will be awesome when they really get going. Maybe in a year or two.

They wouldn't miss Treloar too much, as good as he is.
However, I'd rather us make a play for Cameron unlss he's already committed to them. If not then perhaps a Tomlinson type. A swingman who can forward or back.
Cheers.
The window is open my friend!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

jackcass wrote:And he told you of his decision when exactly... :roll: :roll:
It is called an "educated guess" Daz. :lol:

Time will tell how accurate my comment was but I'm highly confident that IF he returns to Victoria, it's simply a logical no brainer that he would want to return to where he originally came from, ie. the Geelong district.... :roll:
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Adam Treloar

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

John Wren wrote:treloar or danger?
Neither. Imo, our 1st priority is a key forward.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Captain_MyCaptain wrote:GWS has a list of midfielders to die for, almost. Lets see now..
1. Treloar
2. Coniglio
3. Greene
4. Shiel
5. Whitfield
6. Ward
7. Scully
8. Palmer
9. Smith
10. Kelly
11. Ahern
12. Griffen
................ any more?
They will be awesome when they really get going. Maybe in a year or two.

They wouldn't miss Treloar too much, as good as he is.
However, I'd rather us make a play for Cameron unlss he's already committed to them. If not then perhaps a Tomlinson type. A swingman who can forward or back.
Cheers.
Cameron signed with them for 5 years a few weeks ago: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/giant-five ... 3wgfs.html

Perhaps the strategy is to get Treloar and package him up with Adams as a straight swap 2 for-1 back to GWS for Cameron?
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Lazza wrote:

Time will tell how accurate my comment was but I'm highly confident that IF he returns to Victoria, it's simply a logical no brainer that he would want to return to where he originally came from, ie. the Geelong district.... :roll:
Nothing educated about it... just a guess using a few titbits that may or may not be relevant. Will remain unknown until after the close of FA trading
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

That's your opinion Daz and I respect it, however I shall be proved to be absolutely correct on this in good time.
Az

Post by Az »

Treloar called bullshit on Barrett today. Said it's all made up and (again) said that he wants to stay at the Gaints. Case closed. No Treloar.

The only way any club is getting him out of there is if they give GWS a deal too good to pass up.

Sauce http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-01/tre ... sign-soon-
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

yeah he played a straight bat to the journos and bowed to his Manager working out all the details etc.. in due course! We shall see. Maybe it's over to you Dylan Shiel!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

barrett took a punt each way by saying the club will deny it. who on earth will come out and say "yeah, it's true"? we're not the nrl in that regard. not yet.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Nothing educated about it... just a guess using a few titbits that may or may not be relevant. Will remain unknown until after the close of FA trading
If Dangerfield is interested in having a decent chance at a flag before he retires then I know who I'd be choosing and it ain't Geelong.

Don't rule out the bloody hawks either.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!