Crows chasing Scharanberg

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

KenH

Post by KenH »

Dave The Man wrote:Why was it put here so early in the Season.

I thought it was okay to post that stuff and Stays up for a Week or 2.

Now it will sit here and no one will read it

Agree Dave, this should of stayed on the General discusion section as it more Collingwood related than anything else!
Not many would read this and not many would know about it!
Cheers big ears
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Culprit wrote:His Manager is behind the leak to increase his pay in negotiations. Suckers.
That would not Surprise me at all
I am Da Man
RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I wonder if Langdon's article in the paper today, talking about how all the young players love it at the Pies under Bucks and want to stay together to have long successful careers at Collingwood, wasn't a put up job? Perhaps the club got Langdon to do that interview to put a bit of emotional pressure on Scharenberg to sign on? Maybe I'm way too cynical, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.
Golden Gordon

Post by Golden Gordon »

Why on earth would the Crows be interested in someone who has played exactly zero AFL games so far and is making the slow comeback from major surgery? :(
You can keep your Locketts. There was only ONE Gordon Coventry!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Golden Gordon wrote:Why on earth would the Crows be interested in someone who has played exactly zero AFL games so far and is making the slow comeback from major surgery? :(
Because he is still a very highly Rated Kid
I am Da Man
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

swoop42 wrote:I could have sworn he signed a contract extension at the end of last year.

Can't see him leaving.
No he didn't sign a contract extension at the end of last year.

He's currently contracted until the end of the year.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I don't think he is going anywhere but pleeease don't kid ourselves that he owes the club anything. Hopefully he may '' think '' that way but its a business these days. The window to maximise their income as footballers, is short and Im sure his manager would be telling him the same thing.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

melliot wrote:I may be silly, but isn't Danger a restricted free agent? So why would we trade Scharenberg for him?

It's a matter of who Danger chooses to play for and if Crows choose to match the offer.

However, if Scharenberg chooses to leave, we can trade or he goes back to the draft. Personally I'd be flawed if he left.
You might be floored but your spelling is definitely flawed :wink:

Anyway, the "go home" factor has never been high for Sth Australians who come to Victoria. Lets face it, why would it be? Most of them settle and stay here after football.

Anyone from anywhere half decent going to Adelaide on the other hand................
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

well, that'd be 2 years wasted, developing someone to walk again. Imagine we spent it trying to make him into a footballer?
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.