Post Match. Pies thumped by Cats. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Very disappointing night. A lot of introspection needed for the coming days and weeks.

For now, I just want to thank the whole club for giving us something to look forward to each week in what's been a tough year for everyone. Here's to hopefully a better year next year and a return to some sort of normality.

Emotions are running high, so I'll refrain from posting anything else without sleeping on it first.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Seth

Post by Seth »

Dont care who they trade or delist in the off season, if you want more money, fine seeya, dont care anymore who leaves. This team wont win anything not with this bunch of downhill skiers and with Buckley at the helm.
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

Nothing more than a disgusting insipid piss poor performance by our team tonight. We were never in the contest, second to the ball or turned it over at every given opportunity. Our decision making and skills are substandard and have been all year. How we good deliver a shit show like that after last week's heroics is beyond me. Each and every player and coach needs to hang their heads in shame for disgracing the Collingwood name and colours.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

A fish rots from the head...
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Assuming that last week took a bigger toll than what we expected.

Sure they won’t admit that, but one has to wonder as the side was so flat and lacked run. Disposals was 356 to 200.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Monco Matt wrote:The entire club needs to own this one, not just the players, the whole club. When you lose a final this badly it means there are some things of significance rotting somewhere. ...
Our club needs to be more professional.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Unless you embrace radical change nothing is going to happen.
Again.... JT got 4 goals for the whole of 2020.
How the hell do you keep playing that type of player.
J Blair kicked around 12 goals per season in his last few years.
Yet we kept playing JT week after week after week.
Currently Grundy is a complete liability.
Get anyone over the trading season.... hell get Ceglar back.
He has been a shocker of late.
Treloar is finished.
And the midfield is a disgrace.
Well done backs... you kept us in the race until tonite
Last edited by masoncox on Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Agree with all those who reject excuses. Tonight will go down in the history of our club as a game of ignominious capitulation. It should send shockwaves through our club. I totally reject any references to hardship due to hubs and covid. Our performance tonight, compared with ALL other finalist, was embarrassing, and should burn a searing scar of shame through our team consciousness.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Larry

Post by Larry »

Well that was a massive let down from last weeks high.
I think we are a fair way off and last week was the aberration rather than norm.
Go pies bring on 2021.
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Historically we reserve these kinds of performances for the Grand Final. So for that, I am happy it's happened earlier than usual.
Last edited by Cam on Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get back on top.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

And WHE
You need to go
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Seth wrote:Dont care who they trade or delist in the off season, if you want more money, fine seeya, dont care anymore who leaves. This team wont win anything not with this bunch of downhill skiers and with Buckley at the helm.
What, these same players and coach we raved lovingly about not 7 days ago?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Tonight was more the team we can to know for the majority of this season.

Last week we kicked 12.4. Accurate beyond dreams. Any other week we score 8.8.56 at best, and our season score average was 57.

Last week was an aberration, heroic, heroic beyond words, but we were destroyed out of the middle, destroyed inside D50, and made the easy look hard entering F50.

This loss is a reality check and a half.

After a loss like this, you start to run through our list on paper, and boy oh boy is it average.
Est. 2002
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

We plainly left all our form in Perth, that was one very tough match, we looked tired and sluggish from first bounce, buggered. Cats were mentally on too, all week they copped shit from the media, bout their poor Finals performances, they copped heaps, and they set out to put things right tonight, and were on a mission. Sellwood said as much too pre game. But im still bitterly disappointed, we got badly mauled, far too many basic errors, blunders, we hardly minded our men once, just let em run round, very poor effort there. All we can do is learn from this dreadful defeat, i hope it burns the players till next season, the whole Club must use this shocker for next season. I dont mind losing if we have a real crack, but we did not, not one player can hold his head up tonight, they must never forget this loss, anyone at Collingwood must not forget it. Use it for something positive.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Medieval

Post by Medieval »

Grundy needs a decent ruck coach. His tap is terrible. I’d rather he punch it out of the ruck.
The only stat that matters is whether you win or lose.