#26 Reef McInnes

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Welcome to Collingwood #26 Reef McInnes

Post by swoop42 »

Well done to Reef on his Collingwood debut. May it be the first of many for you in the black and white.

Not expecting any miracles from you kid but we do expect full commitment to the contest that awaits you.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Fine debut. A lot to like.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Really solid debut from the kid. Composed and used the ball very well by foot ( which surprised me a bit ) There’s plenty to work with at 19 years old.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “

Post by #26 »

Yes. Good enough debut to get a game next week. Well done.
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

thought he was on the brink of killing it otherwise solid
no second chances
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Relatively solid debut, couple of goal assists.
Looks like the raps on him from 2020 are indeed warranted.
Onwards and upwards from here, after being thrown into the deep end on debut.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

Yes, he was very impressive in his first game. Looks like he knows how to find the ball which is half the battle. He didn't look over-awed or out of place. I feel we are putting together a pretty good midfield group, as young as it is. When they all hit 23 years old with 70 games under their belts look out!!
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

A decent start to his career.

When he has ball in hand, he just needs to move it quicker going forward but tonight was great for his development.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

An excellent debut from the kid. Well done Reef.
E

Post by E »

i loved his limited inputs in the game. That kick to advantage to Cameron in the third was smart beyond his years. His height and mobility is going to make him very dangerous.

By the way, would a centerline of Poulter, McInnes, J Daicos represent the best mullet centerline in the history of the game.....
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Reef McInnes

Post by Presti35 »

Where do you guys see him in 2023?

He has been a little bit forgotten about since his shoulder gave way in early June. He is expected to return during pre-season training.

Reef is a 194cm Midfielder/Medium Forward and turns 20 in December. He has played 6 games, but has had 2 injury-interrupted seasons since being drafted in 2020.

Do you think he would be playing this week if fit? And do you think he will be a best 22 player next season?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Reef McInnes

Post by Magpietothemax »

Presti35 wrote:Where do you guys see him in 2023?

He has been a little bit forgotten about since his shoulder gave way in early June. He is expected to return during pre-season training.

Reef is a 194cm Midfielder/Medium Forward and turns 20 in December. He has played 6 games, but has had 2 injury-interrupted seasons since being drafted in 2020.

Do you think he would be playing this week if fit? And do you think he will be a best 22 player next season?
I think it will be very interesting to see how he goes next year, after another preseason.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

I think he's one of those guys who's shown a little and obviously has talent but is probably running out of time to break into the side. In some ways the injury might have been a blessing in disguise for him as it probably gives him one more year to make his case. But the reality is that spots for younger players are pretty competitive at the moment and players like Daicos, McCreery, Ginnivan, Johnson, Henry and even Macrae are already well ahead of him. I hope he gets a fair crack next year and can earn a regular spot in the side.

4:30 in this video is a nice reminder of what he can do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3DPgZgAGZY
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Brown26
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Brown26 »

He's one of the boys who had a covid interrupted draft year, so probably needs to learn how to play against men, but I reckon he'll be a gun midfielder at some point. Could start half forward I would think, when fit, and at best turn into a Fyfe type player (with Fyfe guts but not as skillful unfortunately).

Needs to build his tank while recovering from shoulder surgery - thankfully the fitness staff seem to be all over this type of thing.

- Ben
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He'll easily be in our best 30 players next season, so he just has to grab his chances when they arise, which they inevitably will. I'd like to see him beef up a bit too.