Farrewell #12 Tom Wilson

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

But like Henry, not ready for the big time yet.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

It was disappointing to see quite how great the gulf is between the VFL and the AFL on display. He went poorly but he is much better than that. Plainly, neither he nor Henry should be playing in the seniors at this stage.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Pies4shaw wrote:It was disappointing to see quite how great the gulf is between the VFL and the AFL on display. He went poorly but he is much better than that. Plainly, neither he nor Henry should be playing in the seniors at this stage.
That pretty much sums it up. Wilson had it on a string at VFL level.
Debuting against the swans in Sydney is also a tough ask. It’s a small ground and they are a team that comes at you rather than holding their space.
The lesson is now to go away and work on what will make him better prepared for the next chance at that level.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I think it was a rude awakening for Wilson, playing in the seniors. However, the experience will do him good and I hope we stick with him for another week or two. At least he has a man'a body, unlike poor Henry who is physically out of his depth atm.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

To be fair, he wasn’t given much help to get into the game by the blokes around him!

Pretty sure it was Maynard (king of turnover and brain farts) who missed him with an early easy pass.

Then someone else almost put him in hospital with a shocking handball.

From what I saw, there’s something to develop on.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Big T
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Big T »

Our list is awful. It's too depressing to even analyze his game. Way out of his depth. Possibly will never be an afl standard player, like two thirds of our list.

Watching Keane play makes me want to rip my own arm off and throw it thru the TV. Our key talk stocks are disgraceful. We.dont even have a midfield.

It's worse than the late 90s. Luke godden would be a star in this team.
Buon Giorno
Pies2016
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

A real baptism of fire for the lad, got a few hospital passes and 2 on 1s early that did him no favours, but in the second half he began to look better, runs hard and is strong over the ball.

I think he has the capacity to be a Heritier type linebreaker, him and Poulter, if given license to
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
BazBoy
Been liked: 26 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

burnsy17 wrote:To be fair, he wasn’t given much help to get into the game by the blokes around him!

Pretty sure it was Maynard (king of turnover and brain farts) who missed him with an early easy pass.

Then someone else almost put him in hospital with a shocking handball.

From what I saw, there’s something to develop on.
Agreed. He wasn’t helped much at all by our depleted defence (and lack of support from the midfield not running back hard enough)
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Derek Shaw played in a Collingwood grand final and had zero possessions
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

Assessing this type of player ( Cat B rookie) after one game is a little silly. How many games did it take for him to look good at VFL level? More than one I’d say. Give him a 5-6 week run at it & he will look a different player especially with Roughead & Howe around him.