#20 Ash Johnson

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

watt price tully wrote:Derek Hine on the new recruits. Travis Cloke instrumental re Begg:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CollingwoodF ... gr%5Etweet
seems he had a say in both, why cant we just hire him to pick? well if it works!!!

Cam wrote:I was shaking my head until I discoved both he and Callow aren't separated much in height, with Callow alot heavier. Still, he has big shoes to fill after the success of Noble last year.
really? ok well his reel is bloody promising, and yes noble will take a lot of beating.
piedys wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:Can he play this week end? He might actually kick a goal or two, which would be a help to our forward line.
Oh Doris - waaaaaaay too much logic in that for it to come to fruition at our numpty team selection / thursday pie nights...

from what i just saw, yeah, i can think of 2 players id leave out for him! just to start!!

welcome kid, good luck, may your collingwood career be long and successful, now leave this page until you have a blinder, because honey, we are ruthless!!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

At least we've finally added some indigenous talent to the list. That's a big positive for me.

Still I'd like to see us get to a point in the very near future whereby we have at least 3 indigenous players on our list every season.

Anyway welcome Ash.

Now go out and stand on some Carlton heads.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Doh !
TurkishPie

Post by TurkishPie »

Dekka is already talking about potentially playing him behind the ball. Ffs..
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

TurkishPie wrote:Dekka is already talking about potentially playing him behind the ball. Ffs..
I herd this in the interview. It looks like we are building a team of defenders. Would suit our game plan.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

^^^^

Not quite accurate. This was one of 3 or 4 positions Hine suggested in an off the cuff interview, due to his flexibility and ability to play a few on field positions. Hine also said that he possessed good speed which was also a factor in his recruitment.
Last edited by Lazza on Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

schuey07 wrote:
TurkishPie wrote:Dekka is already talking about potentially playing him behind the ball. Ffs..
I herd this in the interview. It looks like we are building a team of defenders. Would suit our game plan.
Does not look like a Defender to me but Could play there.

Club like Versatile Players
Last edited by Dave The Man on Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Da Man
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

Put him straight in next to Checkers on the weekend.
- Side By Side -
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

slangman wrote:Put him straight in next to Checkers on the weekend.
Be No Worse then Madgen
I am Da Man
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

watt price tully wrote:Derek Hine on the new recruits. Travis Cloke instrumental re Begg:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CollingwoodF ... gr%5Etweet
Ot Oh! Dekka says Johnson can play behind the ball!! Hope Bux wasn't listening
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
KickTruly

Post by KickTruly »

Dave The Man wrote:
slangman wrote:Put him straight in next to Checkers on the weekend.
Be No Worse then Madgen
Keep him at FF or CHF for FFS
If we recruited Peter Hudson, we would find a way to play him away from the sticks.
I liked Callow before he was grabbed by Hawthorn, he is another Hawkins type, big strong and has a role to play, none of this "Where can we play him?"

Johnson will have to get used to the players in the team and the non-game plan.
Maybe he can learn to kick backwards too, lol.
Last edited by KickTruly on Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Think MAGPIES...winning the Flag this year!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

schuey07 wrote:
That was one small part of the interview: He said he can be a matchwinner too which he's showed already in some matches this year. The reference to playing behind the ball was that has has (potentially) many attributes.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Good grief, we have actually recruited a Forward, ????? wonders will truly never cease, hey !! Anyway, welcome Ash, hope u kick bags of goals for us.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

2022 forward line (pending).
Mc Creery
Johnson
Henry
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Watching his highlights I actually thought Howe 2.0...
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.