Post Match. Saints sink Pies. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

princem007

Post by princem007 »

The non 50 not paid to Cameron cost any chance we had in last quarter , the saint player was in protected zone.
Go Pies...Premiers 2010
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Ha ha. The commentators were going on about us being the biggest club in the land. That's Eddie propaganda. We're far from the biggest club in Melbourne now. When the coaching shackles come off we do better. Sack everyone associated with the club this year (board included) with the exception of Graeme Wright.

That last quarter was junk time stuff and papers over the huge cracks in the club. How about we recruit some decent indigenous players? This to me is the disgrace that Collingwood has to overcome. Fitting that Ryder and Hill killed us for three quarters. Nicky Winmar still haunts this troubled club!
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

Don't get sucked in by that late rally.

Saint's took the foot right off the gas, anyone could see that. They put their cue in the rack and any team can come back when that happens.

During the 2nd and 3rd when the heat was on and the Saints were tearing us apart winning the game we were not there to give a yelp. We did nothing to fight back and throw a counter-punch, we allowed ourselves to be dominated, we even raised the white flag.

I'm done with honourable losses, this was a flogging until junk time saved the scoreboard.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
shawthing
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Piesnchess wrote:Well, one minor positive, we still have not be flogged, this season, unlike the Tigers, Cats, Eagles,(twice), Port, Dogs, Deees, all Finals bound. But, aside from that, i cant think of much else to say at this point, getting sick of close losses though,
Don't let it fool you. We're not that good.
Magpietothemax
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Brereton saying the comeback was mostly meaningless (wall paper covering the cracks) and he holds major concerns about Collingwood.
He called "junk time" 7 minutes into the 3rd quarter.
He claims that St Kilda brutalised us in the first half, which kept us to 1 goal in the first half.
He attributed our revival to loss of focus and intensity on StKilda's part.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

How we didn't get a down field free when Elliot was taken out after kicking in the last 5 was amazing as well.

But that was complete rubbish. I'm not proud of the comeback. I'm embarrassed by the first 3 quarters. Anyone who is proud either doesn't know football or didn't watch the game.
Buon Giorno
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

princem007 wrote:The non 50 not paid to Cameron cost any chance we had in last quarter , the saint player was in protected zone.
That's twice in two weeks maggots have hall passed player against us, costing us a F50 entry.

Anyhoo, we aren't getting kicked off the park. Tick.
And today after half time, that is what I was fearing.
Many sides are giving up and getting walked all over - we aren't.
No incentive to tank, just playing for your careers is motivation enough.

According to 3AW, 14 marks in our F50, 10 in the final term, once St.Rapist put the cue in the rack.

And why drop Brown after he played okay, and kicked a goal last week.

Badly missing Moore and Howe. Duh.

Doesn't change the fact Harvey is a numpty. Adios.

Dyso
Last edited by piedys on Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
AJ

Post by AJ »

Fox Footy just showed damning footage of the captain not putting in any effort. Called the called deplorable and are worried for the mid-long term future of the club.

Could be at the bottom for a decade.
AJ

Post by AJ »

Fox Footy just showed damning footage of the captain not putting in any effort. Called the called deplorable and are worried for the mid-long term future of the club.

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

princem007 wrote:The non 50 not paid to Cameron cost any chance we had in last quarter , the saint player was in protected zone.
Yep, umpires played worse than we did today.
Honestly, we didn’t deserve to win it anyway. Saints put the cue in the rack in the 3rd and made us look better than we actually are
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

BOG for us today was our international rookie Didint Givva Fuq.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

AJ wrote:Fox Footy just showed damning footage of the captain not putting in any effort. Called the called deplorable and are worried for the mid-long term future of the club.

Quite a few others showed lack of endeavour today. The last 2 names on the listed disposals in the OP should be dropped.
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

I hated that complete bullshit from the coaching staff. I’d rather we go out with the mentality to play free flowing football and moving it forward as quickly as possible even if it means losing by 10 goals. We might actually win more games.

Like the Geelong game we go out there on full on defensive mode suck for the best part of 3 qtrs then when the game is all over we break the shackles and play some decent footy.

Can all the clowns in the coaches box just let the players play footy on instinct and see where that gets us.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

AJ wrote:Fox Footy just showed damning footage of the captain not putting in any effort. Called the called deplorable and are worried for the mid-long term future of the club.

The guys on Fox Footy are mostly idiots. Collingwood will be fine. We just need an actual coach and some of the young, talented players to come on. If they had any respect for the Captain, they'd wrap him in cotton wool until next year. Wasting him in this nothing game while we're just in a holding pattern!
Last edited by Pies4shaw on Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Piesnchess wrote:Well, one minor positive, we still have not be flogged, this season, unlike the Tigers, Cats, Eagles,(twice), Port, Dogs, Deees, all Finals bound. But, aside from that, i cant think of much else to say at this point, getting sick of close losses though,
Yeah, I am sure all of those clubs would trade places with us in an instant.

The objective of every season is not to get flogged.