Farewell #8 Trent Bianco

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
skaman
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by skaman »

Probably gunna upset a few here, but he reminds me in kicking and moving style of Nick Davis. I see the Sidey resembalence too. Think hes gunna be a ripper.
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
skaman
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by skaman »

DP
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
makri

Post by makri »

Mentioned above, but from what I hear, MASSIVE pie fan from a pie loving family.
themonk

Post by themonk »

Not if it's been mentioned elsewhere but why did we swap picks with Richmond?

Did we think they would pick Bianco? and if so why would they swap with us?

:?:
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

swoop42 wrote:I could understand and wasn't overly fussed when we overlooked him with our first pick as we are well stocked for sub 180cm players.

At our next selection however he was clearly the highest rated player left according to many in the media and a welcome bonus given he was rated around the 20 mark by some.

If the knock on him that lead to his slide was his height and the perception of him being one paced then hopefully his footy smarts and dual sided ability will give him the time and space required to make up for any physical short comings that could be exposed at AFL level.
The way it appeared to me watching on the TV was that we weren’t fussed whose name we called out first. It was a case of Hine wanting both players and Ned Guy manning the phones to make sure it happened.
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

:D From all the liinks, Thanks Stui. You get the impression Bianco could develop into a good player for us! Apart from being a pies supporterI like the way he has been judged leadership material being captain. and seems to be a worker, that should help develop his defensive game. So lets all cross our fingers, well some day we will be shouting. Black and!!! Bianco is white in italian!
barrackers

Post by barrackers »

themonk wrote:Not if it's been mentioned elsewhere but why did we swap picks with Richmond?

Worried about another club trading with the tigs, so that they held the pick before us?
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Pies2016 »

barrackers wrote:
themonk wrote:Not if it's been mentioned elsewhere but why did we swap picks with Richmond?

Worried about another club trading with the tigs, so that they held the pick before us?
One way to look at it is that if Richmond weren’t overly interested in Bianco, then they managed to bluff a little something extra from us ( late future pick ?? )
I reckon the Tigers initiated the conversation and said something like we aren’t sure who were going to pick next but Bianco is on our short list. If you give us something a little extra for moving you up one spot, you can then have Bianco ( and they would know we want him ) and we will then go with our other option.
The tigers had already picked Dow with their first pick, so I doubt if they thought they needed another similar type. I’m only going from memory here but I think Ralphsmith was Tigers next pick and he’s a very different type to Bianco.
Win, win.
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Welcome to the club, Trent.

Nice to hear he's a Collingwood supporter ;)
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by K »

themonk

Post by themonk »

Pies2016 wrote:
barrackers wrote:

One way to look at it is that if Richmond weren’t overly interested in Bianco, then they managed to bluff a little something extra from us ( late future pick ?? )
I reckon the Tigers initiated the conversation and said something like we aren’t sure who were going to pick next but Bianco is on our short list. If you give us something a little extra for moving you up one spot, you can then have Bianco ( and they would know we want him ) and we will then go with our other option.
The tigers had already picked Dow with their first pick, so I doubt if they thought they needed another similar type. I’m only going from memory here but I think Ralphsmith was Tigers next pick and he’s a very different type to Bianco.
Win, win.
Thanks guys, it seems that whether it was us or them initiating the swap in the end we wanted him and made sure of it. :D
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Surely with a last name like Bianco his first name should be Tony?It just goes together so well.
Presti35
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Presti35 »

doriswilgus wrote:Surely with a last name like Bianco his first name should be Tony?It just goes together so well.
Tony? Hmm, I was thinking Cappa.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!