Welcome to Collingwood #34 Josh Eyre

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Eyre Loom
as he was passed down from Essendon :D
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
think better
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:Eyre Loom
as he was passed down from Essendon :D
That's a good one
I think therefore I think - I think
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Truly bizarre selection given he has been continually injured at Essendon during his stay, blew a hamstring last Summer when at the Saints and now done a 3-4 monther as things ramped up at the Pies.

Surely (Shirley) a mid year draft selection would have been a wiser move. Geez, Eyre already qualifies for the long-term injury list on his first day.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
jatsad
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jatsad »

inxs88 wrote:Truly bizarre selection given he has been continually injured at Essendon during his stay, blew a hamstring last Summer when at the Saints and now done a 3-4 monther as things ramped up at the Pies.

Surely (Shirley) a mid year draft selection would have been a wiser move. Geez, Eyre already qualifies for the long-term injury list on his first day.
Might not have got him mid season. As they used all 3 open list spots, didn't make any sense to wait.
Jatsad - That is all
David
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
jatsad
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jatsad »

Jatsad - That is all
inxs88

Post by inxs88 »

We are bound to get another long-term injury between now and June (Mid-season rookie draft), rendering an extra spot open.
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

^^^ careful what you wish for...
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Presti35
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Presti35 »

Confirmed to #34? He'd been wearing #20 at training.
It seems that #20 and #44 are now the only available jumper numbers. I suppose Will Parker will get one of these numbers.
All our list spots are taken right? Is Alex Condon still a chance? Or has Parker taken that spot?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
magpieazza

Josh Eyre potential

Post by magpieazza »

Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
inxs88

Post by inxs88 »

7 possessions and one goal today. Seems a slow burn and coming from a long way back.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Pies2016 »

He’s missed a lot of footy at both Essendon and Collingwood, so we’re probably not going to see his best until he gets in a full pre season and can run out four quarters. It looks like he’s providing a target in the VFL but when you’re trying to make your way up the ranks without a pre season behind you, the challenge becomes exponential.
It was interesting that Collingwood picked Eyre ahead of Teakle in the SSP period prior to the start of the season, considering Teakle hasn’t looked completely out of place in Norths seniors with 3 goals in the last two games.
F W I W, he copped a couple of heavy head knocks in todays VFL game that would have rattled his cage. Might have had some influence on his second half.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Our future forward spearhead is Eyre.
I have him winning the Coleman medal in 2026.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

It would not be easy being a target at VFL level with some of the conditions you face and with the unstable lineups you play in.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Eyre potential did not blossom at Essendon, seems they didn't see him as a replacement for an ageing Stewart. Or simply, Essendon had too many other choices.

Now Eyre has a second chance and has thus far proven to be very good in the VFL, we need to see if he has improved enough to at least be our preferred role player or better.