Post Match. Pies pump Port. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Fun Fact.

In the corresponding game last year against Port we won by 71pts.

We had 30 scoring shots to 19.

Today it was 38 scoring shots to 21.

After our woeful start it's quite amazing how much the scoreboard ended up flattering Port.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by stoliboy »

What a turn around. Port were killing us, Horne Francis was playing like Ben Cousins and Aliir was spoiling everything like a Murphy / Moore combined.

Then suddenly goal goal goal and we go in 2 goals in front. Wonderful to watch. Hoskin-Elliot giving us a spark with his marking.

Great team performance. And Bobby Hill… he deserved a goal by the end of the game.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Good win, very happy!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Born to Pie
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

Please look at the match thread:"Fly has lost the edge", why do you barrack for Collingwood?

Great win, even better come back.

Huge ANZAC Day clash coming
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
BenBronx
Been liked: 1 time

Post by BenBronx »

VicParkTragic
Been liked: 6 times

Post by VicParkTragic »

Port back behind the prison bars where they belong!!!!
Living in Geelong, barracking for the 'pies!
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Well,that was a very satisfying win.I’m a happy little Vegemite,marmite,and every other spread you can think of.
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Our supporters are amazing.

65,834 in attendance today, which is a record H&A crowd for Port Adelaide
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Jezza wrote:Our supporters are amazing.

65,834 in attendance today, which is a record H&A crowd for Port Adelaide
They really made a hell of a lot of noise when we got going in the second quarter,didn’t they?Great stuff.
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

After a very slow start this was a terrific victory albeit that Port Adelaide are a shadow of themselves away from Adelaide. Clearly Mason Cox must have some sort of hand injury to require a glove? Even so I thought Cox played well today and hit the scoreboard as well as contributed well around the ground.
DeGoey and both the Daicos boys were good , Will Hoskins-Elliot was terrific in the first half, he’s such a versatile utility type of player and Darcy Moore was looking more like the all Australian defender we expect to see. Great stuff!!
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
Pies2016
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Jezza wrote:Great performances by Lippa and WHE.

Bobby was selfless in providing his teammates opportunities in front of goal instead of kicking them himself.
I’ve never understood the W H E or Lipinski knocks. They might both be the 20th and 21st players picked every week but that still makes them best 22 in the reigning premiers. Watch how far back Lipinski gets to help our defence and then still bobs up for four goals ( three when the game was still on the line ) Both these guys are so versatile, you need them when plan A isn’t working and the magnets need to be shuffled around.
shawthing
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Nearly wrote:I have never once gone to the game day thread. I imagine today would,have been a shocker.
So how do you know then? :roll: It gives people a chance to vent in real time. That can't be a bad thing.

After a shocking first 20 minutes we dominated and came away deservedly with the points. Bobby is back. WHE was superb. Everyone contributed once we got going. We can build a season around that win. But Anzac Day is the key. A big win then and we can truly say we're back.

Pendles for 10,000 possessions and the Medal. "Scott Emblebry".
Pies2016
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Nearly wrote:
Jezza wrote:Great performances by Lippa and WHE.

Bobby was selfless in providing his teammates opportunities in front of goal instead of kicking them himself.
Indeed, but there was twice I thought he should have had the shot. But, there are coaches that will guide him through that.
I tend to agree with that. We all applaud the “ team thing “ but there were times when Bobby’s unselfishness could have also led to the player on the end of it fumbling or not being ready for it. It happens. I loved the McInnes over the top handball to a young bloke looking to find some confidence but in a couple instances, Bobby was almost over the top with his sharing the love around.
piffdog
Been liked: 33 times

Post by piffdog »

I’ll say it again. Right now their midfield is overrated and forward and back are poor.

Great seeing such an even spread of contribution from our boys especially some of the lesser lights. Probably should have one by another 30 or 40. Great win super pumped for the team. Hope we can build from here going forward.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Born to Pie wrote:Please look at the match thread:"Fly has lost the edge", why do you barrack for Collingwood?

Great win, even better come back.

Huge ANZAC Day clash coming
Probably the same idiot who said that Collingwood should sack Fly last week
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️