Game Day. Pies v. Dons. Late changes, comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

Pies2016 wrote:Ned Long is an endurance beast. He’s been picked to gain some first use and territory, over polish and sublime skills. It’s exactly what we need right now, GRUNT. We need to lock the ball in more and give the defence a chop out. The challenge for Ned will be rising to the next level but if he does adapt, he has the capacity to be the perfect complement to a class midfield.
If one of his strengths is endurance then I hope they play him in the first 22 and not as sub.
I think therefore I think - I think
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Yes, I would be shocked if he was selected as sub. I think HH will be the sub. He had a quiet game last week - maybe tired ? - so being sub would be ideal for him, and we know that he is exactly the type of sub you want - capable of an immediate impact on the game.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:* Lachie Sullivan on his way to Frankston tomorrow.
* Reef McInnes named in the centre or is it FF - interesting.
* Iliro Smit in first ruck
* Josh Eyre playing

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1 ... -frankston
Looking forward to seeing the performance of our VFL team.
a) Hoping Reef smashes it, as he is on the cusp for AFL selection i feel.
b) Another strong performance for Josh Eyre would be really important as well. I feel that he could potentially play a game or two this season.
c) Great to see how Illiro goes.
d) I hope Fin and Lachie both have great games,as we need both for our midfield depth. Fin, I haven't given up on you.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

I am actually quite tranquil about tonight...very simple, either we are good enough or we are not

If we are any chance of going back to back, games like tonight are a non-negotiable.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Dark Beanie
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Yeah, it will be disappointing to lose but reality is you need to be top 4 for a chance to win it.

One of my uncles is a Bombers supporter, reckons they will win tonight as Pies not firing on all cylinders.
Last edited by Dark Beanie on Fri Jul 05, 2024 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I don’t think that the Bummers are firing all that well either. It will be close depending on who fires best
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Ned Long, looks a real goer, my Lord, thats NINE debutants this season, must be nearly a record for us, hey. ?? Bobby Hill to mesmerise the Dons backs, and boot five goals, back it in. Go Woods. !!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Collingwood's record is, I think, 31.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Piesnchess wrote:Ned Long, looks a real goer, my Lord, thats NINE debutants this season, must be nearly a record for us, hey. ?? Bobby Hill to mesmerise the Dons backs, and boot five goals, back it in. Go Woods. !!
We’ve had ten before, from memory, and that wasn’t counting players with experience at AFL level like Schultz, Bytel and Long. Including players from other clubs, nine is the equal most we’ve had since 2013, when twelve players represented Collingwood at senior level for the first time (eight debutants and four recycled).
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Mitch Cleary who else says josh daicos is a late out and still hampered by the cork
Not sure on who comes in
Final thoughts on the game
I’m tranquil either we are good enough or not
Simple
Lose and start to ponder the rest of the season
And we start to chase our tail as Matthew Lloyd said before the bye
Win we are in hunt again
Time to make a statement Pies
dalyc
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

David wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Ned Long, looks a real goer, my Lord, thats NINE debutants this season, must be nearly a record for us, hey. ?? Bobby Hill to mesmerise the Dons backs, and boot five goals, back it in. Go Woods. !!
We’ve had ten before, from memory, and that wasn’t counting players with experience at AFL level like Schultz, Bytel and Long. Including players from other clubs, nine is the equal most we’ve had since 2013, when twelve players represented Collingwood at senior level for the first time (eight debutants and four recycled).
2018 must have been the record year
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Horatio Fin
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Horatio Fin »

My podiatrist's brother in law George said that the Bombers will loose tonight cos they a few cells short of a battery pack.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Daicos playing, Long the sub.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
KenH

Post by KenH »

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:Mitch Cleary who else says josh daicos is a late out and still hampered by the cork
Not sure on who comes in
Final thoughts on the game
I’m tranquil either we are good enough or not
Simple
Lose and start to ponder the rest of the season
And we start to chase our tail as Matthew Lloyd said before the bye
Win we are in hunt again
Time to make a statement Pies
No late changes!
Cheers big ears
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

stui magpie wrote:Daicos playing, Long the sub.
That’s a relief.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆