Pre-Match. Pies v. Cats. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Friggen idiot Taylor Adams, thought he wouldn’t get a game this year, we sure could use him right about now!

Sydney did what we did prior to 2010, with Jolly & Ball.
They scored Grundy & Adams, bastards!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

At seasons end we need a w hole new trade and draft period like we had in the end of 2022.
Some of the list needs to be fleshed out and a turn over is now needed.
Get talls or its a repeat of 2024.
Flesh out the list now and re set.
Me thinks we are now due for a list turn over.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

100%, cut the mediocre and meek who don't impact or even play. Yes:

* Bytel
* Sullivan
* Begg
* Carmichael
* Murphy (retired)
* Markov
* Johnson

All list cloggers Murphy issues aside.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

inxs88 wrote:
23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:At seasons end we need a w hole new trade and draft period like we had in the end of 2022.
Some of the list needs to be fleshed out and a turn over is now needed.
Get talls or its a repeat of 2024.
Flesh out the list now and re set.
Me thinks we are now due for a list turn over.
100%, cut the mediocre and meek who don't impact or even play. Yes:

* Bytel
* Sullivan
* Begg
* Carmichael
* Murphy (retired)
* Markov
* Johnson

All list cloggers Murphy issues aside.
Since our higher draft picks are very limited, who will we replace them all with? More list cloggers?
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Gerry Cooper

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Geelong could overwhelm us if we dont watch out. We hopefully go with a more structured forward line and a more defensive mindset. Jeremy Cameron could be a problem for us, given our back KPPs are a mess at the moment. He kicked 7 in their Rnd 22 loss last year. Our midfield needs an injection of pace and grunt. Pace might be hard to find now but I think we can supply the grunt necessary. For some left field action I would give Reef a run in the midfield too.

And please no more tempo quarters.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Dark Beanie wrote:VFL side is playing Frankston (at Frankston) this afternoon.

https://www.afl.com.au/vfl/matches/6513

Hopefully McInnes and Eyre put in good performances.
The VFL side hasdn't been travelling well, but anyone wanting get into the senior team needs to fire up this arvo.
Watched 10 minutes in the 3rd. Couldn’t do it. McRae hospital handballs, Johnson dropping sitters.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Gerry Cooper

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Haff wrote:Watched 10 minutes in the 3rd. Couldn’t do it. McRae hospital handballs, Johnson dropping sitters.
Sure. Maybe you should have watched further or checked the stats before posting. Johnson 5 goals in a losing side. McRae 29 disposals and 7 tackles. Equal highest disposals. Just sayin'...
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Skids wrote: I wouldn't back us with monopoly money in this one. :lol:
It's the only money we have left!
woodys_world69 wrote:Johnson isnt coming back in the team with Mcstay so close to coming back, the cats would maul him
Strange thing is, he played IIRC a couple of ripper games against them in 2022 with multiple goals?

Hope our coaches will actually put some thought into this game instead of Buckley-type lip service?
As per Geebung's previous few games, a defensive/sacrificial forward must be played on Stewart to negate his influence; maybe Kruger, he is the only one strong enough to match him.
Otherwise Stewart will just swallow every hail Mary bomb into our F50, and that will be the story of the game.

J. "the Untouchable" Cameron will get the world from the maggots as usual; nothing surer.
Still have to cover front-runner Rowan, and Handbag Henry.
You'd think one of the three will get off the leash if our midfield can't keep the ball coming into to our D50.

Line in sand game, as others have said; we must go for broke.
I'd encourage all players who dog-trotted their way around the MCG last friday night for four quarters not to repeat that effort, to expect any different a result.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

Ed Allan was handy too 21 touches
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Haff wrote:
Dark Beanie wrote:VFL side is playing Frankston (at Frankston) this afternoon.

https://www.afl.com.au/vfl/matches/6513

Hopefully McInnes and Eyre put in good performances.
The VFL side hasdn't been travelling well, but anyone wanting get into the senior team needs to fire up this arvo.
Watched 10 minutes in the 3rd. Couldn’t do it. McRae hospital handballs, Johnson dropping sitters.
It’s a pity you didn’t watch 60 minutes of the first and last quarters. “ We “ were pretty good. Unfortunately the third quarter was our worst. Let’s hope the coaching panel watched for more than 10 mins before they lost interest.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

WIN lose or draw, to reitetrate all I want is a consistent FOUR QUARTER EFFORT, PLAY LIKE MANIACS FOR FOUR QUARTERS, NONE OF THIS SHIT FADING OUT FOR TWO QRTS, BARELY SCORING. JUST HAVE A RED HOT GO, THE WHOLE MATCH.Hit the pussies with everything, and we may just pull this off. Oh, and play Moore in the center or wing, Naicos back to half back line, free the players up, and as Chuck Berry sang, " You never can tell". !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Haff wrote:Watched 10 minutes in the 3rd. Couldn’t do it. McRae hospital handballs, Johnson dropping sitters.
Sure. Maybe you should have watched further or checked the stats before posting. Johnson 5 goals in a losing side. McRae 29 disposals and 7 tackles. Equal highest disposals. Just sayin'...
That’s fair. Hard to judge in a small snippet. Two players whose papers are stamped. Will be interesting.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

I want to see both Reef and AJ selected for the next Friday
Ned Long to be in the 22 this time.
JFN for Oleg.
If DarcyC misses, Frampton to ruck.
Howe needs to be in defence.
Fin played well in last qr in VFL, don't know if there is room for him yet while Ned Long is getting his chance. But he is placing pressure on Ned to perform this week!
I liked Fly's presser.
He associated our apparent lack of pressure and effort with lack of team connection, and being unpredictable to each other. He made a very pertinent observation that when the team is playing with connection and team members can anticipate the next direction change, the next defensive action of other team members etc, then the pressure suddenly looks to be there, because:
a) we are actually in the vicinity to apply a tackle
and b) when the team is functioning as one connected unit, the energy comes from the resulting ball movement.
Perhaps (at least part) of our poor pressure/effort stats are due to this.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
dalyc
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

the fuzz wrote:Wasn't confident against Ess.
I am against the Cats.
We will win
Genuinely interested why you think this.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
dalyc
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

ANNODAM wrote:Friggen idiot Taylor Adams, thought he wouldn’t get a game this year, we sure could use him right about now!

Sydney did what we did prior to 2010, with Jolly & Ball.
They scored Grundy & Adams, bastards!
Didn’t help them much today. Adams will make way for Mills in the finals.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better