Post Match. Pies thumped. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Post Match. Pies thumped. All comments.

Post by slangman »

This is only the second time in my life that I’ve walked out before the final siren.
The other was 2003 GF.

This year has taken the gloss off the premiership for me and it’s f**king heartbreaking.
To not even be in the conversation for a top spot let alone top 4 with 5 games remaining is a fall from grace that should have the whole club concerned about.
Injuries haven’t helped but they can’t explain very poor accuracy, not manning up, hubris.
This has been a season of WTF!!! 🤬
- Side By Side -
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 7 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

That was a disgraceful end to our premiership defence, definitely not worth the 2 hour train and bus trip from the Northern suburbs
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

They have to rebuild. We must avoid thinking we can top up. We need to take our medicine bottom out cut the veterans and get the youth in for the next three years. If we moneyball and trade away continually our top picks then it will be years and years of pain.
Buon Giorno
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

is it cricket season yet? i might make an early start.....

if the players are not interested in playing football im not interested in watching them
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Oh dear here we go again.

Some of you are just plain sad
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

don't play mcStay again this year, or JDG. Start post season surgeries now. Play everyone on the list who hasn't got a game yet.

we won't win this year, big deal, we won last year. We won't win the flag this year, just like 16 other teams. At the end of the day, you are either the premier, or you are not
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Haff wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:36 pm The other thing that worries me is Pendles and Sidey at centre clearances. I mean regardless of the are up to it or not, they’ve got 1 season left at best, who’s coming through?
Both of them are just about shot now and have been that way all season. A few good cameos hides the fact when the game gets fast they get burned off. Personal records are all very well but for the good of the team, these wonderful old war horses need moving on. I have thought all year, they should have retired Sidebottom at the end of last year. If that means we take a little pain going forward after losing them, then so be it, we will be better for it in the long term.
Last edited by Gerry Cooper on Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Does anybody at this club know how to defend 1 on 1, anybody?
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Chaos worked for 2 seasons, was worth another shot but it is a taxing way to play, everyone needs to be on the same page, fit & healthy.

Not to be in 2024.

At least I will save some money this September.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Season over, done, all over now. Nothing went right this season, nothing. Mass ongoing injuries, never ending, no settled side, no continuity, too many good players down on form, Moore especially. Add this to a lousy crazy fixture, unbalanced, and the Murphy retirement, which hit us really hard, he was a lynchpin defender. Plan now for next season, play more of the kids, De Mattia etc, some retirements, delistings, and hit the draft, trades hard. Cats had a poor season last yr, after winning the flag, and bounced back this year it can be done. Losing 0-3 start of season set us up for failure, we came bac, but more injuries on top of that, ruined any hope. Onto next seaason now, re load an go again.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Collingwouldn't
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Collingwouldn't »

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:40 pm That was a disgraceful end to our premiership defence, definitely not worth the 2 hour train and bus trip from the Northern suburbs
Indeed. Like travelling two hours to see 'Birdemic'. In the rain.
Collingwouldn't
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Collingwouldn't »

woodys_world69 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:43 pm is it cricket season yet? i might make an early start.....

if the players are not interested in playing football im not interested in watching them
1 for 11 in a half of football is a cricket score, isn't it?
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

It went exactly as you would expect for two teams passing each other on the ladder.

Make no mistake, we are in crisis. Forget injuries and fact that this group is completely bereft of confidence.

The list is a complete shambles. The age profile is horrific and we are in for 5+ years of pain and suffering.

Coaching is a horrible mess too.

Pendles has become the invisible man, and not in a good way. He is cooked. At least Sidey is offering something. Pendles is nowhere to be seen. There must be no contract for 2025.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

The next wave of clubs are on their way.. Looks like we are going for a long trip the other way.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Do we have an abnormally high number of concussions? Hard to remember a week where we don’t have players failing HIAs. I wonder how objective this test really is? I bet these same tests if done at geelong would not fail.
Buon Giorno