Post Match. Pies win it for Pendles. All details.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Post Match. Pies win it for Pendles. All details.

Post by woodys_world69 »

great win for the boys for pendles
first time in 400 games that i saw pendles get angry at the umpiring performance and the lack of high tackle calls against him... that shows you how bad the umps where tonight.

even if we win every game now with our low percentage we are going to need to hope other teams lose.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Jezza wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:18 pm **** YES! ⚫️⚪️⚫️⚪️⚫️

​WON IT FOR PENDLES.

​KEEP OUR TOP 8 HOPES ALIVE.

DO THE DOUBLE OVER CARLTON IN 2024.

JEOPARDISE CARLTON’S SEASON.

​133-4-129.
I'm actually seething right now, so if you think I'm going to sugar coat tonight - skip to next post...

You just KNEW something was going to go pear shaped in the last term; we are consistent if nothing else.

What really shat me, apart from those f@cking disgraces of maggot umpires, was in final term watching Pendles stream out of the middle, the centre bounce clearance after we reached the 30+ point lead, and flush it down a Carlton player's throat. This lead to the passage of play resulting in a goal to them, which fired their self belief.
I said at the time, if we lose from here, he can only blame himself, as this disposal started the ROT.
The gloss just ebbed away from the contest the closer they got; I turned if off with 5 minutes to go.
I'm just sick of the mediocrity served up in every final term since June, and the needless anxiety it creates.

The other passage of totally bewildering stupidity, prior to quarter time, was not icing the ball with 30 seconds to go, resulting in a tin arse goal from boundary line to Dunderklumpen McKay.
I was going berserk, expecting that to cost us by full time, and it almost DID.
Losing JDG to that hammy didn't help, as he was contributing brilliantly despite how under conditioned he was.
Darcy Cameron keeps popping up to take enough marks to keep us in the contest, and bust his gut in the ruck.
2nd place in Copeland behind Nick I'd suggest is a foregone conclusion.

I don't really rate Carlton as a flag threat; but they over ran us with a decimated interchange bench.
That is a poor reflection on both our coaching and players.

I no longer care if we play finals in 2024. Important thing is we fcuked Caaaaarlton up ROYALLY, and jeopardised their top four chances.
And it ultimately got the job done for Pendles; a loss would have been THE most devastating against them since 2017, when they pissed on our 125th Anniversary game, just like we allowed them to do back in 1992, for the 100th.
This was a tough slog of a win sure, and I'm just as relieved as the rest of you; but we made it look harder than it needed to be, and really, we are still where we deserve to be on ladder, with such putrid disposal standards. The inept fumbling manifesting in half the side is both nauseating, and most irritating.

Anyhoo, it's getting late in the season and perhaps time to start naming names with list management....
I think it's time to offload Lipinski by seasons end if he isn't contracted, which is a shame, as I was a big wrap for him the prior two seasons.
The efforts or lack thereof, I witnessed from him coming on as the sub were inexcusable.
Bytel, Long etc, are okay effort wise, but total ball butchers. They won't change, or advance us forward in 2025.
We got them for free, so no real harm done, but they are disposable at seasons end too.
But obviously we will deep dive this topic later in August.

So fucccccckkkkk Yooouuu Caaaaarlton, your fake sportsbet brownlow medalist, your shitbag supporters, and your putrid cheating dog umpire mates.
Yadadadadaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

ps. What a great time to be playing Sydney next week when they are seemingly floored with a virus?!
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

It might not mean finals but what a great win. Always good for the soul to beat that mob. And still a chance to take their spot in the 8 as well. How good would that be? Down they go to 7th and 8th if Giants win tomorrow.
It took the milestone game SP 400 and the sight of that monogram to bring back the mojo after it has been missing at different parts of the year. Reasons for that will be discussed in due course but for now it's time to enjoy them coming together to win for the man Scott Pendlebury. He played a leading hand in it all as well. As usual.
woodsmen rule
piedys

Post by piedys »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:27 pm Looking at the ladder and the two draws are going to be the difference
Mate these two games Geelong got against North are going to be the difference; so well done Dillon you arse clown.
winpies
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by winpies »

I am by no means a religious man but.....Thank God for that!!!
carn the mighty pies!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

piedys wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:08 pm

You gotta be a joy to live with, like, wow. We won, Blues were always gonna come back, their top 4 double chance was at stake, it was NEVER going to be a cakewalk, ever. Blues have some damn fine players, make NO mistake bout that, we won, they lost, sides have won flags by less than a goal, ie us, last season. Take the victory and enjoy it, I am, onto my second Jimmy Beam now.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

What’s better than beating Caaaarlton?

Beating them with a kick after the final siren!
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by stoliboy »

What happened with Jamie with 51 seconds to go?

Was the ball already over the boundary when he touched it?

It was good to watch a Collingwood game again and see some of our old DNA. The pressure, the tacking, makes watching a game so much more enjoyable.

No lead is safe and I was just hoping we would hold on.

Feel bad for JDG. Not the only Collingwood player who has been playing injured. Whilst I didn’t think we should have played him we probably don’t win tonight without him.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
piedys

Post by piedys »

Piesnchess wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:16 pm
You gotta be a joy to live with, like, wow. We won, Blues were always gonna come back, their top 4 double chance was at stake, it was NEVER going to be a cakewalk, ever. Blues have some damn fine players, make NO mistake bout that, we won, they lost, sides have won flags by less than a goal, ie us, last season. Take the victory and enjoy it, I am, onto my second Jimmy Beam now.
When I crack the sads mate - I crack them next level.
My pathological hated of the Filth runs deep, deep into 80s childhood trauma, that might never heal.

Sure they have some great players, who thankfully for whatever variables, had an off night.
But so did we, and that is my concern - not them.

Am banking this win with the rest of you, and Pendles, but doing it begrudgingly.

We are the reigning Premier, and should be putting the throat on teams, but we just don't.

Enjoy those Jimmies mate; have one for me! Myself - i'm on my second cuppa and asprin... :shock:

Go Pies; some sick pink ducks up north have chook convid it seems, and need to be culled next friday...
Last edited by piedys on Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
magpiemike
Been liked: 4 times

Post by magpiemike »

No finals for us this year, but riding cloud 9 tonight.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

piedys wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:28 pm
OK, fair enough, I get it , but Carlton stars have had an "off night" last 3 weeks,notjust tonight. Mate, my hate of them goes way back, to 1970 GF, as a young lad, 44 poiints up, we still lost, then 79 GF, Harmes over boundary line, buys a hot dog from a kid in the stand, while hes at it. I utterly loathe em, they cheat, no wonder Price Fixer Park was a meeting place for the Underbelly crew. How fitting. I love beating em, by ANY margin , and to be honest, I cant see us making the Finals, even if we win all games,by and large, our season was ruined by never ending ongoing mass injuries, long team, to key players, we never had a settled side, like a friggin revolving door, second most injuries to the Tigers, and look where they are. Losing Murphy was huge, and being the hunted too boot. ! Im not fussed, we won the flag last year, nobody can take it off us. Yeh, im satisfied, a win is a win, take it an run, we broke Blues fans hearts, how sweet it is.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

There is no such thing as a "win that feels like a loss" over that bunch of self-entitled w@nks and their over zealous supporters. It's the hope that killed them. Haha. 4 points to us and goodbye top 4 for them.
Get back on top.
piedys

Post by piedys »

Cam wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:57 pm There is no such thing as a "win that feels like a loss" over that bunch of self-entitled w@nks and their over zealous supporters.
It's the hope that killed them. Haha. 4 points to us and goodbye top 4 for them.
Or TOTAL DELUSION that killed them? Who cares; as long as they continue to spiral downwards from here on in, in 2024.

Ahhh.... that Kahlua and milk I just downed is starting to kick in like an endone right about now...
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

I'll never get sick of it.

🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

For Pendles. For pride. An injury ravaged season, yet we still manage to get some very big moments right. A great reminder to ourselves and the competition that there's plenty under the hood yet once luck starts running our way again.

What a brilliant 400. Gun captain and leader, rare-as-hen's teeth modern-era dual premiership Pies player, universally loved and admired, still playing great footy.

Never underestimate this club, even through tough runs. The tide always turns.

Carna' Pies!
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm