On field positional changes 2025 ?

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Re: On field positional changes 2025 ?

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

I understand the idea, but DC's value when he goes forward is more stretching the opposition ruckman to cover him, rather than their key backs.

He would be easier to plan for and cover as a full time key forward.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

One this is evident; our potency up forward will need to improve / evolve.
Hill (30 games - 30 goals/28 behinds) & Elliott (15 games - 21/16), McCreery (15 games - 10/10), Schultz (20 games - 24/21).
Of course being a small forward isn't just about accuracy. If they're not scoring its goal assists and tackles are core KPIs.
Schultz's tackle count (76 from 20 games) is becoming as valuable as McCreery's (84 from 17 games) who needs to evolve is game to either kick more goals or offer us a positional change option.

Depending if a competitive tender emerges for his services over the trade period, I'd prefer to keep Richards as a forward option and depending on what evolves, switch McCreery into a BP or HBF. Particularly if we land Peatling.
Might McCreery then have scope to become our own Dan Houston?
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... 1=S&fid2=S

All of a sudden, we'd have a few strategy options for our coaches to tinker with over the pre-season.

A small brigade forward line of Hill, Elliott, Schultz, Richards, (Harrison inj.) alongside Mihocek, McStay, Peatling, Johnson, McInnes looks potent, gives us some depth.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
SLORT
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by SLORT »

LaurieHolden wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:06 pm
Depending if a competitive tender emerges for his services over the trade period, I'd prefer to keep Richards as a forward option and depending on what evolves, switch McCreery into a BP or HBF. Particularly if we land Peatling.
Might McCreery then have scope to become our own Dan Houston?
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... 1=S&fid2=S
I think that he could even be an improvement on Noble in that he tackles hard and they stick. He has leg speed to break lines. And his disposal efficiency is pretty good (71%) considering the position he's been playing (for comparison Ginni and the Wizard are both lower in the mid 60s). Yeah, this looks like a good move.