Transgender politics and social issues

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

stui magpie wrote:^

A lesson that seems to be continually unlearned by many, if you want to gain acceptance into a tribe/club, insulting the current members ain't your best start.
Cis, or cisgender, is not an insult. You’ve totally misunderstood if you think it is. It means non-transgender, that’s all.

Do you both think the term "heterosexual" is insulting? Or should we say "normal sexuality" instead?

As for deferring to women, that’s convenient when they agree with you. Surveys consistently show that women tend to be much more supportive of transgender rights than men:

https://equalityaustralia.org.au/overwh ... -equality/

https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/ ... c-2016.pdf (p. 8)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

I find it interesting that most of the advertising seems to have non-binary or transgender models in clothing under the female banner.

Very little (from what I have seen) is clothing for males.

If you have a skinny stick with a penis modelling female swimwear why not someone with boobs and cellulite modelling male clothing or swimwear?
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

@ David, I don't consider Cis an insult, just superfluous. Homosexual and Hetrosexual are legitimate descriptors, TERF is an insult, it's a disparaging term thrown at people who stray from the approved script.

@DarkBeanie, I think they did do that once, there was a billboard of Mick Molloy modelling undies. Boobs and cellulite on full display. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:^

A lesson that seems to be continually unlearned by many, if you want to gain acceptance into a tribe/club, insulting the current members ain't your best start.
Cis, or cisgender, is not an insult. You’ve totally misunderstood if you think it is. It means non-transgender, that’s all.

Do you both think the term "heterosexual" is insulting? Or should we say "normal sexuality" instead?

As for deferring to women, that’s convenient when they agree with you. Surveys consistently show that women tend to be much more supportive of transgender rights than men:

https://equalityaustralia.org.au/overwh ... -equality/

https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/ ... c-2016.pdf (p. 8)
CIS is unnecessary, and just pandering to the woke brigade.

Heterosexual, bisexual, transsexual are accurate,

Cisgender is pandering to a minority.

It’s damn terrible and as you can tell, aggravating.

Why is transwoman offensive?

It’s accurate.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Dark Beanie wrote:I find it interesting that most of the advertising seems to have non-binary or transgender models in clothing under the female banner.

Very little (from what I have seen) is clothing for males.

If you have a skinny stick with a penis modelling female swimwear why not someone with boobs and cellulite modelling male clothing or swimwear?
Because woman have always been second class citizens, now we are expected to be happy with third.
David

Post by David »

think positive wrote:CIS is unnecessary, and just pandering to the woke brigade.

Heterosexual, bisexual, transsexual are accurate,

Cisgender is pandering to a minority.

It’s $$%^%%$ terrible and as you can tell, aggravating.

Why is transwoman offensive?

It’s accurate.
Your position on this is precisely the same as someone who heard the term "straight" for the first time fifty years ago and felt offended by it. 100%. That you get aggravated by it is entirely on you. In the meantime, most of us can easily understand why the term is necessary and don’t feel the need to throw our toys out of the cot.

(And by the way, it’s absurd to say that some of these words are "accurate" and some aren’t. That’s not how language works!)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive

Post by think positive »

Ok do a poll on the word CIS, I’d like to see this ‘most of us’

You forget thisis a majority male forum.

I do have female friends, and children, even gay ones, and everyone of them hate the damn term!

I also hate woke and Karen! Ugh
David

Post by David »

think positive

Post by think positive »

But I’m not ‘on the side of’ I’m just a full woman.

A new name for women is not needed, will never be needed.

I don’t feel the need to pander to the minority, and that’s what this is.

We are women, and that’s enough.

And if in the future, for some strange reason, someone ask me what kind of woman I am, I won’t say cis any damn thing, I will say ‘as in born without a dick!’’!
David

Post by David »

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

I don't understand how you referring to yourself as a Cisgender man is showing respect or acknowledging anything.

I'm happy to respect people, I'll use whatever pronouns someone prefers, even if She has a full Hipster Beard, if she prefers to be called She, or they or whatever, I'll respect that and call them that. If someone asks my gender, it's male, I see no need to add anything else.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:I don't understand how you referring to yourself as a Cisgender man is showing respect or acknowledging anything.

I'm happy to respect people, I'll use whatever pronouns someone prefers, even if She has a full Hipster Beard, if she prefers to be called She, or they or whatever, I'll respect that and call them that. If someone asks my gender, it's male, I see no need to add anything else.
THIS!!
think positive

Post by think positive »

David wrote: entitled .
That word says it all about the generation coming up with this bullshit
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Dylan Mulvaney Now Blackmailing Corporations By Threatening To Endorse Their Products

https://babylonbee.com/news/dylan-mulva ... r-products
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

A biological man can identify as a woman as much as he/she/them/ they like but when they turn 40 they will still require a prostate check.

Biology doesn’t care about you feel.
- Side By Side -