#18 Finlay Macrae

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

RudeBoy wrote:I thought Chad Wadell was going to be a new Daicos. :shock: :oops:
There was a skilled indigenous player Rod Waddell that Carlscum and Collingwood kinda fought over and if I remember correctly, he ended up playing for both clubs.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

lazzadesilva wrote:There was a skilled indigenous player Rod Waddell that Carlscum and Collingwood kinda fought over and if I remember correctly, he ended up playing for both clubs.
Waddell played for Carlton and Geelong.

He played some games in our reserves team, but never for the senior side.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

lazzadesilva wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:I thought Chad Wadell was going to be a new Daicos. :shock: :oops:
There was a skilled indigenous player Rod Waddell that Carlscum and Collingwood kinda fought over and if I remember correctly, he ended up playing for both clubs.
Rod Waddell played with Carlton and Geelong in the VFL.

Waddell played suburban football for the Lalor Football Club in the Diamond Valley Football League. In 1981, he was recruited to the Victorian Football League, and he was initially zoned to Collingwood, where he played some reserves football. However, this was an error: Lalor was one of only two DVFL clubs which was not part of Collingwood's zone, and Waddell should actually have been zoned to Carlton. Because the Collingwood reserves team had fielded him without the proper clearance, it was stripped of four premiership points that it had earned with him in the team in 1981.

After the error was cleared up, Waddell moved to Carlton. Renowned for his quick pace, Waddell played three senior games in late 1981, and two in 1982 before being cleared to Geelong mid-season.[1] He played a further twenty senior games at Geelong between 1982 and 1984, but struggled to hold a regular position there either.

Waddell is the uncle of Daniel, Shannon and Steven Motlop.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Jezza wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:There was a skilled indigenous player Rod Waddell that Carlscum and Collingwood kinda fought over and if I remember correctly, he ended up playing for both clubs.
Waddell played for Carlton and Geelong.

He played some games in our reserves team, but never for the senior side.
Thanks. I didn’t know or remember that he didn’t play seniors for us and that he played for Geelong. Handy player from limited memory.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
RudeBoy
Been liked: 70 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Piethagoras' Theorem wrote:^ I think you mean Chad Liddell :)
Indeed! :oops: :oops:
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Can’t find video, but Liddell did do a spectacular horizontal flying in the air handball that got us a goal.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

AFL.com.au wrote:PIES TO HOLD YOUNGSTER
COLLINGWOOD is set to retain youngster Fin Macrae and plans to hand him additional midfield minutes next season, after he attracted interest from rival clubs throughout the year...
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1051678?mi_ ... e135f6aad2
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Good news for Fin Macrae, plenty of motivation to play in a team that could go back-to-back Premiers.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

LaurieHolden
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I'm suspending disbelief on this one because the Football Department obviously knows what it is doing - but he has looked like a run-of-the-mill vanilla sort of hack in the seconds, so my expectations are low.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Yeah, they obviously see something I haven't. If his role is to just get in and under then dish out to better skilled guys, fair enough but I'm not even sure that's enough. That last game against Willy, I saw a master class in ball butchering but to be fair, he wasn't alone. Can't say I've seen much else in other games that stood out.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
dalyc
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

The last game against the Dons is the one to look at. Was vg that night.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Well with Tay moving on I'd imagine Fin will get more of a chance in the ones.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Finlay Macrae - come on down!