#15 Nathan Kreuger

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies2016 »

^^^
One of the few problems we continue to have with our current list profile is that we have effectively carried TWO key position players for close to two years.
Between Charlie Dean and Krueger ( who both arrived as mature age ) they haven’t played more than five ( ? ) senior games between in a season and a half. The club will need to make a decision on one, if not both at the end of the season. We simply have to trust the footy dept they will make the right decisions on both of them when that time comes.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 145 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

I suspect Dean will be the casualty as he'd be on bugger all from a contract perspective.
If there's a list spot that needs to be freed up should we find someone offering greater poential in order to replace him, I suspect he's one that wil be moved on.
I don't know what he'd earn as a VFL player, but maybe that's an opportunity to keep him in the fold and if he starts to show promise, maybe a ' 24 mid-season rookie pick.

Krueger does show promise, if only he could keep himself out of triage.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Nathan Kreuger is a Bust

Post by inxs88 »

Unfortunately he is addicted to injuries and his last 6 games of footy remain incomplete. Bit like Tom Davidson, Sean Rusling etc...
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
inxs88

Post by inxs88 »

It's a bit sad. Love to see him do great. But even back in the Cats days he was the same.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Addicted?
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Kruger is just a depth player nowadays on the fringe it seam’s anyway
Jpies

Post by Jpies »

90 nice wrote:Kruger is just a depth player nowadays on the fringe it seam’s anyway
Not sure about that. McRae has spoken extremely highly of Kreuger on many occasions, including during an interview during pre-season this year. I suspect if he was fit, he'd be getting a decent run of games to prove himself.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Need to remain injury free for a start and injury free for a long period of time to make me convinced on kruger.
Could be a handy player if this is the case.
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

I suspect he will play VFL for the next four weeks just to (hopefully) show that his body can hold up to the rigours of elite sport.
If it can, I believe that we have a rare talent on our hands.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

No-one doubts his talent
Unfortunately injury prone
He had the same issues at Geelong
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
millanedaicos

Post by millanedaicos »

Let's be patient like we have been with Murphy! He is a unit that just needs a good run.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

If he's able to keep his body right, he has qualities we ain't going to get in the draft without a serious early pick which then takes years to come to fruition.
1 spot on the list, we can afford to be patient.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
inxs88

Post by inxs88 »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:Addicted?
Addicted?
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

David wrote:Is there any news on his latest shoulder injury, or is this just a general observation?

I'd love to see him play a full game soon .....
Love to see him play a full game full stop David, and herein lies the problem...old mate could be a world beater, but ATM is a list clogger...when do we pull the plug?
Its tough, but so is chuck steak
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer