#1 Patrick Lipinski

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

And doesn't it look good on him!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

jackcass wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:I'm wary of turning Wright into our new messiah (the previous two didn't end so well) but, gee, he's getting stuff done.
Always thought we should look at what we've already got instead of chasing fringe players from other clubs.

In the case of Kreuger we've got Kelly, Begg, Johnson and McMahon who are essentially unknowns at that KPF role.

In the case of Lipinski, we've got at least McInnes, Macrae, 2x Browns, Rantall, and Bianco who still need to stake a claim for midfield spots.

So for mine, yes he's getting stuff done, just not sure it's what we needed. Good luck to both Kreuger and Lipinski. Now they're on board, they have my full support.
Yep, prudent posts from the above. It's not as if Wright has recruited marquee players :wink: He's not quite the messiah yet. :)
Kreuger and Lipinski may or may not cement themselves into the regular side, but it's a positive all the same to be developing some depth.
Good luck to both young men.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

jackcass wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:I'm wary of turning Wright into our new messiah (the previous two didn't end so well) but, gee, he's getting stuff done.
Always thought we should look at what we've already got instead of chasing fringe players from other clubs.

In the case of Kreuger we've got Kelly, Begg, Johnson and McMahon who are essentially unknowns at that KPF role.

In the case of Lipinski, we've got at least McInnes, Macrae, 2x Browns, Rantall, and Bianco who still need to stake a claim for midfield spots.

So for mine, yes he's getting stuff done, just not sure it's what we needed. Good luck to both Kreuger and Lipinski. Now they're on board, they have my full support.
What we've got? I'll tell you what we have. A 17th ranked list after the 2021 audit off 22 home and away matches. Suggests we need to use ALL levers available and all remaining morsels of salary cap to improve. That's what GW has done and should do next year too.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Too many negative posts on the Facebook page, he doesn’t get enough possessions, averages only 15 touches, blah blah blah. This kid is a great get, he’s going to shine at a new club. I get Jack Crisp vibes
Im pretty sure that more than 50% of Collingwoods FB followers are not actual Collingwood supporters. People just love trying to bring the club down no matter what.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:It’s that age profile I think Wright is aiming for. We don’t have anyone in that 22-24 age gap apart from a couple (that’s why I think Wright is reluctant to release Lynch). Henry is going to be a good player for us but he doesn’t have the body yet to play in a key position for us. Poulter and McInnes the same. The only one we recruited last year with a mature body is MaCrae. You play these bodies at 18,19 or 20, you’re essentially throwing them to the wolves. A guy like Petracca you’re pitting them against is 95kg of muscle. Do you want to do that to them? Krueger is solidly built; McMahon isn’t. Lipinski I think is about 88kg. McInnes and Poulter won’t reach that for another three years. We may not be contending for another 2-3 years but we don’t want to burn out the guys we recruited last year in the meanwhile.
I think there's a little sauce added to the quality of the incoming player in these discussions.

Lipinski is listed as 187cm and 84kg's on Footywire, 190/85 on the Doggies site. Poulter 192/79 and McInnes 193/86. Bugger all difference in size. Lipinski has a couple of extra preseasons to build the core strength and fitness base so that'd be the 1 advantage he'd have.

Comparatively they're all from around the same draft region (pick 23 - pick 30). First year Lipinski managed 1 senior game, Poulter 11, and McInnes sadly none due to injuries.

My expectations are that these 3 players will have similar impacts in 2022. Happy if 1 of them surpasses the other 2 by any great margin, just not expecting it.

Not sure how Henry came into the discussion but I don't see him as a KPF. I see him as a small-medium forward.

I'm also not sure that Macrae's body was any more mature than the majority of our 2020 draftees. I'd have thought if anyone it'd be McCreery and Johnson who would hold that mantle.

I also disagree that you're throwing them to the wolves playing them as an 18 or 19 year old. You manage how often they play and who they're opposed to. McCreery managed 12 games and would have played more if not for his hammy, Bianco 11, Poulter 11, Henry selected for R1. But I will sleep sounder across the preseason now knowing we've got Lipinski to quell Petracca.
BazBoy
Been liked: 29 times

Post by BazBoy »

The kids interview and he spoke well
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

inxs88 wrote:What we've got? I'll tell you what we have. A 17th ranked list after the 2021 audit off 22 home and away matches. Suggests we need to use ALL levers available and all remaining morsels of salary cap to improve. That's what GW has done and should do next year too.
LOL, GW has used all the levers.... net result currently, 2x retirees, 1 Cat B rookie not returning to the country, 2x middling recruits added, 1 @ unders, 1 @ overs....

Are you this premature in all things? Still a lot more to play out before we can judge.

At least he hasn't thrown a minimal coin contract offer at Tom Lynch from the Crows as some were suggesting.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

The kids interview and he spoke well
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

jackcass wrote:I thought we already had depth. What we lacked was experience. Adding an inexperienced Kreuger and Lipinski with 54 games to his name does little to change that.
They are 22 and 23 not 18-19
I am Da Man
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

We moan and groan when players pass us over

Well that may be about to change and these boys have chose us and I feel they see things are starting to happen at Collingwood

It won’t happen overnight but it will happen
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Nice looking young man..That always helps with a new recruit.Let’s hope he plays as well as he looks.
duggieboy
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by duggieboy »

He plays well! Nice highlights package. Accurate kick, good skills, knows where the goals are, shows courage, great positioning. Could be an impacting type player into the forward line.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Automatic upgrade on Sier. Runs out a game and is creative by hand. Hard worker and still has growth in him.
His numbers will improve once he is given the opportunity to be proactive, as opposed to being just a role player behind others at the Dogs.
It’s a good pick up because there will be plenty of clubs who start next season with poorer lists on the back of the reduced cap.
With Krueger and Lipinski on board, at least we have added to our list.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Well FWIW, I remain happy and optimistic with the recruiting work done so far and feel that we will improve faster than I thought we would at the end of the season. We needed new foundations and with the coaching changes and shrewd recruitment thus far, we are on the climb. I honestly and genuinely think that success will not be 10 years away but in the near future. Love that feeling of being able to be positive due to actual developments rather than mere delusions of grandeur.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!