Farewell #13 Taylor Adams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

We got the best of the trade. We wanted to move Shaw on and they would like to have kept Adams. Few more years ahead of him too.
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

It's like trading in your 2003 Lexus for a 2012 Lexus and not paying anything. Amazing trade.
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

I just watched the CFC vs GWS match on Fox specifically to take a look at Adams. Underwhelmed. Maybe he had an off day but if I hadn't been looking out for him I doubt I would have noticed here was on the park.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

If you have any time I recommend that you watch the Gold Coast v GWS match that took place in the final round of the 2013 season. While the Giants received a thrashing, Adams was one of the standouts with 30 disposals and a goal.

We have to remember that he's very young and he was only 19 last year when he was playing for the Giants in 2013.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
skaman
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by skaman »

Yes, Ive been watching the GWS games over summer to focus soley on Adams, like what I see, practically a blank cavass, a real goer with a huge upside. The fact that he and Bucks gets along so well also is a huge bonus. watch this guy rise to a new level at Pieland! :)
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Adams has massive Respect for Bucks.

Was a Big Fan of his when he Coached him in the U-16
I am Da Man
collie dog

Post by collie dog »

Sounds great Dave. Like you I am very excited.
Rain or hail, I wag my tail
mackasmatt

Post by mackasmatt »

Stats wise Dale Thomas had a better 1st year (to Adams).. but Adams had a statistically better 2nd year. I think at the end of a career Adams is going to look a lot better on paper.
------------
----------
MAGPIES '18
----------
------------
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

Heaps of players dominate over the preseason
Not all have great seasons
Will wait and see
Hate to place too unrealistic expectations on a kid who has never played for Collingwood
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
dalyc

Post by dalyc »

Jezza wrote:If you have any time I recommend that you watch the Gold Coast v GWS match that took place in the final round of the 2013 season. While the Giants received a thrashing, Adams was one of the standouts with 30 disposals and a goal.

We have to remember that he's very young and he was only 19 last year when he was playing for the Giants in 2013.
Just watched it ..2 hours of my life I won't get back ... Still not impressed. Slow like the ox. Most disposals picked up when the suns were buggered from kicking 14 goals in front.

In Hine we trust but I don't see Adams in the best 22 this year.

Very happy to be wrong.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

dalyc wrote:
Jezza wrote:If you have any time I recommend that you watch the Gold Coast v GWS match that took place in the final round of the 2013 season. While the Giants received a thrashing, Adams was one of the standouts with 30 disposals and a goal.

Just watched it ..2 hours of my life I won't get back ... Still not impressed. Slow like the ox. Most disposals picked up when the suns were buggered from kicking 14 goals in front.

Very happy to be wrong.
Well GWS was always 14 Goals Down.

I think you are underrating his Speed. He is a In and Under type so he does not have to be overly quick.

Well what has been said about him and pies building him up. Many People think you are very wrong.

I am one was well. Always Put's In 100% and Has Great Stats to Back him up.

All the Experts Rave on about him
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

dalyc wrote:

Very happy to be wrong.

I think you are underrating his Speed. He is a In and Under type so he does not have to be overly quick.

Well what has been said about him and pies building him up. Many People think you are very wrong.

I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

dalyc wrote:

Very happy to be wrong.

I am Da Man
dalyc

Post by dalyc »

Dave The Man wrote:
dalyc wrote:

Very happy to be wrong.

I hope you're right. As for the experts I think they all raved about jack watts when he was drafted.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

dalyc wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
dalyc wrote: Just watched it ..2 hours of my life I won't get back ... Still not impressed. Slow like the ox. Most disposals picked up when the suns were buggered from kicking 14 goals in front.

Very happy to be wrong.

I hope you're right. As for the experts I think they all raved about jack watts when he was drafted.
Yeah, I too dislike all this unrealistic expectations and build up on a kid who has played only a handful of AFL games. Lets wait and see how he goes in the VFL side first. Lets not do a Josh Fraser on him and rush him too fast......... :roll: