The 2021 Great Big Consolidated Trade & Draft thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

Cats have delisted Constable, might re-rookie him if still available
Geek

Post by Geek »

jackcass wrote:The 2022 draft has more than a few talls... 6x KPF's

https://twitter.com/EdPascoe_eDPS/statu ... _&ref_url=
Lemmey eh? With a name like that he belongs with us. We could sell aviators and handlebar mos at the ground and make a motza.

17 year old debut in SANFL firsts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOPbbkDfeVQ
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Have to also factor in both Begg and Johnson being added on in mid-year draft
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
McMonkey

Post by McMonkey »

Any love for Constable delisted by the Cats? Seems the 'type' we need, a big bodied mid with contested ball winning abilities.

Would of been very hard to break into that Cats midfield
Hot Pies, cold sauce
Born to Pie
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

Now 7 or 8 off the list depending on how you want to look at it:
Rantall - delisted
Lynch - Traded
Mayne - Retired
Greenwood - Retired
Thomas - Retired
Chugg - Delisted*
Sier - Delisted
Tohill - Retired

*Chugg advised by the club that he will be re-rookied

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1 ... FJaO3npqV0
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

I think Rantall will be picked up by another club. If not Id love to see us pick him up as a rookie
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:Cats have delisted Constable, might re-rookie him if still available
Surely we have a crack at him?!
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
billy_picken25

Post by billy_picken25 »

constable or dumont (north melb) might be worth a look
"Go Pies"
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

I think what we do now is hold back at least one selection from the national draft because having second selection in the preseason draft is going to land us a very valuable player given pressures at other clubs on salary cap and list numbers.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Would have kept Rantall and delisted Cox
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I believe one option available to us for keeping a spot open, is to guarantee Cox ( or anyone else uncontracted ) we would select him in the pre season draft ( the last draft before final list lodgement ) I’m not aware of any rule that says we can’t re draft a delisted player in the pre season draft but happy to be corrected.
Cox could then be picked up with either our first or second selection depending on any interest in another player or not. Of course, Cox is always a chance to go elsewhere but if we were to keep him hanging on that long, it only suggests we were a bit non committal towards him anyway.

Also, does anyone have definitive info on Madgens contract status. I’m reading conflicting info and I’m inclined to think he has an offer in front of him which he is yet to make a decision on. If so, he’s cutting it pretty fine to advise the club of his decision.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Madgens another one that needs to go too
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

billy_picken25 wrote:constable or dumont (north melb) might be worth a look
Is our future that much better with them rather than with Rantall?
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

^^ Not for mine Laz.
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

90 nice wrote:Madgens another one that needs to go too
Madgen play an important role in that, when things aren't going well we blame him. If you take him out, now that Thomas has gone (Sier too to a lesser extent), it will leave a gapping hole.

No matter what anyone else does it will be an that one error that burns into your consciousness - that you can blame all the teams shortcomings on. Madgen allows your brain a 'kick it long' type analysis of any loss.

Maybe Cox will be able to fill that role but I don't see him as a long term prospect. He will only be offered a one year deal and most likely play in the VFL.

Hoskin-Elliott? Cannot be trusted. Last year for example he was flying during the first half you the year. You would delist him after each match. Then he started to show greater consistency?! in the second half of the year. Frustrating.

Grundy? The only thing that favours him is his relative out vs his supposed big salary. We cannot rely on that. He is too good a player.

We are a young side rebuilding so maybe one of the younger brigade steps up and take on the 'whipping boy' role? Until someone worth steps up...

Madgen, is key, he has the perfect amount of mediocrity for this role. He could possibly mentor someone like Callum Brown.