What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Re: What made you happy today? Part II

Post by stui magpie »

^

Little Cutie. Enjoy, but what do you mean you can't adopt because you have stairs? :?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Haha, cute little tiger. What is he? A bichon? Bichon-poodle?
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:34 pm ^

Little Cutie. Enjoy, but what do you mean you can't adopt because you have stairs? :?

I mean I have been knocked back, not even looked at 3 times for poodles, 1 with issues, because ‘they had plenty of requests, and we can’t vet them all personally”, to which I replied, well great you just knocked back the best home a dog could possibly get, I’ve seen dogs returned, for behaviour or money reasons, that wouldn’t happen with me” I got its procedure, and one, who I had donated to for sick dogs several times, blocked me! No swearing nothing.

The fourth was 6 months old, different rescue, I got a ‘we are considering you’ letter, and then the foster home kept the dog. That was the final arrow I was willing to take. I was happy for the dog but I got my hopes up!

I’ve rescued 2 from the Lort smith in the past, before hubby. He won’t have shedding dogs in the house, Fair enough.

This baby sleeping at my feet will want for naught! And I checked out the breeders with the certified board,they are legit. The mum and dad were there, and another adult male, nicest damn dogs I’ve ever met! Friendly, gorgeous, and just loving.

This one, maybe Pippa, is the runt, the feral, I askedthe lady which she would keep, and this is her. When I went to pick her up, the other 5 were asleep, and she was bouncing at me trying to get out of their pen! We are a perfect fit!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

pietillidie wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:26 pm Haha, cute little tiger. What is he? A bichon? Bichon-poodle?
She’s a pure bred miniature phantom poodle. (Phantom is her colouring, it’s 2 tone, dark base, and the lighter colour in specific places) Beau is a Phantom too, but I don’t know that til last week, never heard of it! His puppy markings were almost identical, but he had more obvious white eyebrows!

I would t buy a cross, too much possibility of health issues. Pa Marmoswife breeds top line golden retriever show dogs, I know what a good breeder is thanks to them. It’s not snobby, it’s beneficial to the animals.

And She will be desexed as soon as Shesold enough.

I just realised I’m sounding very defensive! For a start 2 people have said to me’already’!

I wasn’t going to get a dog, junior was because Beau ended up her dog, and he’s lonely, and she won’t live here forever! But it just worked out this way, Molly is a huge hole in my life right now, and it was literally like Sheguided me to find this girl. I have been so sick this week, covid like symptoms, and other demands on my time, shit I’m truly over, I’m exhausted because I only got 2 days in bed,when I needed probably 4, I got antibiotics today, and I’ve been running my eldest around because her dog got his balls off, and now I’m still awake because she’s worried he’s still sleepy! I got so pissed at the world I just swept and washed the floors! But before, with hubby in bed sick, junior out, and I sat on the couch with Beau on one side, and the little miss on my lap, rolling on her back, legs akimbo, just comfortable in her own little world, andI said a silent Thankyou to Molly, she knew I was ready and what I needed. And I’m happier than I have been in the 6 weeks since Molly has been gone. I simply love too hard. And my heart is gone again! She’s not a replacement, She’s a new chapter.

Lately I guess I’ve realised,I’m just sick of helping ungrateful people, of copping a whack I never see coming, and I’m done. Relative or friend. I have a couple of close girlfriends, and a few I see on occasion, and it’s like we are never apart. But I’m through keeping the peace for people like hubby’s best mates bitch wife, who totally ruined my cruise to NZ, after I arranged the whole damn thing for 6 of us! Like every detail! To make everyone happy. Day 6 out of 12 I wanted to swim home!

Ok, rant over, I should probably delete, but I’m not going to!

The eldest just texted, Sunny is awake, so no emergency vet visit, and I’m off to bed! I’m gunna have a drink first now I don’t have to drive!

Cheers, and I have to say, I really do appreciate you guys, we have had our differences, but the people here now, I like them all!

Xx Jojo!!!
pietillidie

Post by pietillidie »

^No, that's fine. You don't have to justify getting a specific breed. Above all you have really want and enjoy your pup, which is a very personal commitment. Ignore my ignorance of what a phantom poodle was; now you've told me I'll be keeping an eye out to learn more. I only suggested bichon because I hadn't seen (or at least recognised) that type of poodle, and I know bichons are low-allergenic, so it was just a guess!
think positive

Post by think positive »

https://www.google.com/search?q=phantom ... ent=safari

They are quite cute!

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean justifying to you in particular, just this world that takes everything the wrong way!

I reckon poodle pups look just like Bichons until their noses get longer and more pointed, easy mistake. Cheers xx

I was ranting, I’ve been crook all week, I need down time, I just saw my daughters dog and he’s fine just sore!!

I’m actually staying home tonight, my throat feels like razor blades, not happy I’m missing Pendles 400 but I have to put my health first. I’m on antibiotics now, hopefully I’ll feel better soon. I’m on the couch, watching the Olympics with a fast asleep pup in my arms! She’s running in he4 dreams, so cute!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Goodonya and you shouldn't need to justify anything to anyone.

My daughter has a viral infection, picked it up a week after she had Covid for the 3rd time. Sore throat and chest full of shit. Take it easy and get better quick.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:49 am Goodonya and you shouldn't need to justify anything to anyone.

My daughter has a viral infection, picked it up a week after she had Covid for the 3rd time. Sore throat and chest full of shit. Take it easy and get better quick.
Cheers mate, ta,

I was convinced I had covid, feels exactly the same. I hope she, and me, get well soon xx how is the grandson going?
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Grandson is good, he caught the same infection (didn't get Covid), was off for a couple days but is doing good now. Right now he's laying on my couch with a milo and some biscuits watching Space Jam II.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Nice 😊
pietillidie

Post by pietillidie »

Rapt to see how well the Aussies are doing at the Olympics. Working hard to contain my enthusiasm in these parts, however!
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

pietillidie wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:35 am Rapt to see how well the Aussies are doing at the Olympics. Working hard to contain my enthusiasm in these parts, however!
Considering the size of our population, we're punching well above our weight.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
think positive

Post by think positive »

Stephen curry 8 3 pointers from 12 , sunk the French! What a game, USA USA USA! **** love watching the best of the best, LeBron, Durante, superb viewing!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Jessica Hull! What a run!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Well done Paris! I picked the best 2 weeks to get sick! Finally picking up just in time for the end!

Well done USA , well done Australia, and well done ENGLAND!