What did you find odd today?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

JacJacJacqui

Post by JacJacJacqui »

I'll never forget this time when I worked at Macca's this chick came through drive thru and was having a go at the chick at the first window about something and made her cry so when she came round to my window I, like the happy bubbly person I am, sprang to the window with a HUGE smile on my face and said (practically yelled) "Hi! How are you going?!". She didn't answer so I said (practically yelled) "Oh good, I'm great too, thanks for asking!" and she went OFF! So I shut the window.

And then proceeded to laugh my arse off. She made a complaint and I was like, she complained because I asked her how she was? And my manager said it was because I said Im great thanks for asking when she didn't say anything so I just said "She didn't? I didn't hear. I just assumed she answered because that's what normal people do." HA try giving me the arse for doing my job, good one! I don't think they realise how dumb they look when they play the old 'customer is always right' card when they are wrong.

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system
Donny
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

Today and for the last few years -

Why do Aussies preface questions like, "How are you?" (a throwaway line in itself as few really want to know) with "Yeah"? - as in, "Yeah, good".

It's not a question requiring a yes or no answer.

Another, similar. Why does Tony Jones, articulate, intelligent, well spoken, an ABC presenter, introduce Lateline with, "Well, good evening. Welcome to .. (blah)" ?

And, "Well, now to our main story" ... "Well, now to the weather".

Why the 'well' ?

Then there's the ubiquetous 'look', used ad nauseum and meaninglessly at the beginning of answers - especially by pollies and sports coaches.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
EBB

Post by EBB »

Odd but cute, females referring to other females as a "chick".
understanding stuff, with endeavour to overstand..
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

My late Father's favourite saying, usually uttered after completing some improvised job around the house...
"Neat but not gaudy as the monkey said when he sowed the tom cat's bum up with barbed wire"
Now what was that about?

Oddness!
EBB

Post by EBB »

rocketronnie wrote:My late Father's favourite saying, usually uttered after completing some improvised job around the house...
"Neat but not gaudy as the monkey said when he sowed the tom cat's bum up with barbed wire"
Now what was that about?

Oddness!
I think he was just saying that, he got the job done that was needed.
understanding stuff, with endeavour to overstand..
JacJacJacqui

Post by JacJacJacqui »

Those people who sing while they have their headphones on. As much as I want to because I love singing along, I don't want to look like a nutter. Surely singing to one's self is only a step away from being as nutty as talking to one's self?

Pirate skulls and bones
Running when we hit 'em
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Tennis players, so many of them when they are losing momentum they come down with an injury yet after their break they are playing better than ever...
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I think there might be a few exception.
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

JacJacJacqui wrote:Those people who sing while they have their headphones on. As much as I want to because I love singing along, I don't want to look like a nutter. Surely singing to one's self is only a step away from being as nutty as talking to one's self?
cant agree there
i really recommend it jac 8)
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Tell me about your likes and dislikes? If you could have any kind of robot what would it be?
Miss_Lisey_Molloy

Post by Miss_Lisey_Molloy »

JacJacJacqui wrote:Those people who sing while they have their headphones on. As much as I want to because I love singing along, I don't want to look like a nutter. Surely singing to one's self is only a step away from being as nutty as talking to one's self?
I was the only person on the train carriage for about 20 minutes today, so i was singing (well, mouthing the words, coz I wasn't making any noise) the whole time! It was great fun!! Hahaha! :D

Love always, Alyssa xoxo
*~Alyssa's Song Of The Moment~*
I See You - Luke Bryan

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Miss_Lisey_Molloy wrote:i was singing (well, mouthing the words, coz I wasn't making any noise) the whole time!
lol, I do that. Keeps the men in coats away most of the time, anyhow...
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
JacJacJacqui

Post by JacJacJacqui »

I do it in the car where no one can here me and I can make a quick escape if anyone sees me.. lol

Pirate skulls and bones
Running when we hit 'em
Miss_Lisey_Molloy

Post by Miss_Lisey_Molloy »

Does anyone remember from the movie 'National Lampoons European Vacation' when Rusty is sitting on the train listening to his walkman, and he is tapping along to the music by using his feet to tap, or his hands to drum?

Haha, well that's what I do constantly.. People on the train home must have thought I was nuts, because I was standing up, swaying back and forth, tapping my foot non-stop the whole way and occasionally doing a little drum solo on the little bars you can lean on haha!

Combine that with the mouthing of the words, and I am a musician with the mute button on hahaha! :P

Love always, Alyssa xoxo
*~Alyssa's Song Of The Moment~*
I See You - Luke Bryan

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

^^

A female with a mute button? I think I'm in lurve. :wink: :P :lol:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.