Post GF. MAGNIFICENT PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP ! - all comments

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

Just read all 11 pages of this thread, again. Well, there were about 7, last time.

And I'll enjoy reading however many there are when I drag myself over to the teev at 10 am to watch another replay.

The most important part of a victory is to savour it, that night. Maybe, even the next day. And for those of you who are able, over a few days.

Soak yourself in it. Because, soon after, the next bit of life takes hold and the next adventure begins.

Of course, it will remain as a cherished memory but it's never sweeter than NOW.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Clemo

Post by Clemo »

Go Pies...what an awesome experience. To actually see a GF live (4th since 2002) and finally win it. Unbelievable.

Did we win it ? OO-YEAH !!! :D
Go Pies !!!!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Wow how awesome was that? What a day, bring on 2011!

One thing I dont know if its been mentioned or not and will read everything later, but to me it seemed all the talk of momentum from last week resulted in the opposite effect

St Kilda threw everything at Collingwood in that 2nd half and could not snatch the win, they knew they were so close and had to do it all again, then when the pressure got to them today it all fell apart. But for Collingwood they knew what went wrong last week, they knew how to fight back and they thought we survived, got a chance to change things and they did it!

Full credit to Mick Malthouse and the entire coaching staff, a couple of Saints players from last week had big numbers but not the same influence, they shut down the other areas they exploited us and made the most minor changes to win the game.

To the players, that was a damn amazing effort, they knew there were issues last week and with the nerves gone and the first gf out of the way they played like seasoned pros

Pendlebury fought back and was brilliant, Sidebottom was so damn stiff, they should have taken into account his last GF as well, so mature. Jolly, how damn good was he? I havent ever seen hitout numbers like that for a Collingwood game ever before! Luke Ball what a gun.

So many others, but the key to this side is it is a team who knows how to perform on the biggest stage, we have recruited players who have done well in finals, have a history of winning even if its only TAC cup and junior footy, they know what winning is and how to stand up on GF day and then obviously the AFL GF experience of Ball and Jolly added in and its an awesome side who will be there for years to come
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by stoliboy »

Magpie Army was in full voice today.

I have never seen a team's song drowned out by the other supporters. Pies did that before the first bounce with the Cooooooolllinngwoooood chant.

Smashed them today!
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
Dr Pie

Post by Dr Pie »

Went to the game. Been out celebrating. Feel terrific. Most of what needs to be said has already been said on this thread.

The fourth flag in my life. The second as an adult. My second Grand Final Replay but what a different result. Congrats boys, Congrats Mick and Eddie. Congrats all Nicksters.

Go Pies (and may we repeat the success next year and the year after!)
Born and raised in Black and White
RedMagpie

Post by RedMagpie »

I was at both the 1977 grand finals and recall sobbing as an 11 year old after both games, and again in 79, in 80 I was home at 3 quarter time, and 81 was heartbreaking for me. 1990 I was 24 and just partied like there was no tomorrow. But this is different, this lays the ghosts of 77 to bed. 1977 was cruel...to lose the game in the replay by the same margin we were up at 3 quarter time in the first one just said to me football is a cruel game, a game without justice. So today, for me, this is the sweetest victory. I am not ashamed to say that at the final siren I cried like a baby. My 4 year old has not seen his dad cry before, and I hugged him like never before. He is too young to understand, and I hope that he does not have to endure what I have seen over the 40 years supporting this great proud club. I want him to witness success and I want to be there with him. And I want that success to be sustained.
This one today was for the true believers. The ones who were chain smoking at 3 quarter time in 1990 too afraid to believe. And it is also for the young, the future.
Last edited by RedMagpie on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Mr. Burns wrote:To the Collingwood Football Club

Congratulations! You are the best football club in the world. Everyone wants to be like us. You did us proud all year.

To Eddie McGuire.

This has been a long time Eddie but you thoroughly deserve it.

To all the commentators who hate and despise us because we are Collingwood - suffer in your jocks.

We are 2010 Premiers!
Amen to that, C.Montgomery! 12 years in the making since Eddie took over the reins, and 8 years overdue from the robbery of 2002.
To our galant knights and club servants who have fallen over with the Holy Grail just out of reach: Buckley, Licuria, Burns, Presti, Rocca, O'Bree, Josh, Clement, Wakes and Tarks - you laid the foundations upon which this empire was built. You all gave until your bodies dropped.

To Goddard and Hayes, it's no fun driving a bus with that many passangers and an alpaca on board. :?
To Ross, you rolled the dice with Ball and paid the ultimate price.
But this isn't the end of the rivalry, it's only just begining...
Piesnchess wrote:The little toerag tiprat can slink back to his dungeon shithole, and wank himself with thoughts of a premiership.
and so he should - it kept me going for 20 years - good enough for me, then it's good enough for him too dammit!! :shock:
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Ah what a wonderful day. Thank God some of us were believers. All you nervous nellies what I told you is true. There is no such thing as the Colliwobbles. We played the game today on our own terms and smashed them. :D

56 points, near enough to the 61 Tannin and I predicted.

Great game by everyone (except Travis Cloke, but who cares). Mick you have been vindicated. And when Eddie started to shed some tears, so did I.

Well done Collingwood. You did us proud today.

How good are our kids? What a future we have!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

For me its about partial completion!

I still HATE the Saints for thug O'Dea king hitting Greening, but them losing today eased that pain a little bit.
I HATE them for beating us by a measly point in 1966 but today's flag has erased that memory.
I HATE Ross Lyon for being such an arrogant pig about the entire Luke Ball issue but seeing Ball win a flag made me incredibly happy.
Lastly I remember me and my magpie mates being verbally abused and physically threatened by St Kilda ferals as 11 year olds at the Moorabbin ground. We have now had the last laugh you stupid twats!

I have been healed in the most wonderful way by my magnificent mighty magpies. What a team, what a club and what an awesome magpie army we truly are - Our AFL domination will be the envy of the nation!!!!!!! :P :twisted: 8)

Love you pies!!
woods_the_best

Post by woods_the_best »

http://www.afl.com.au/video/tabid/76/default.aspx

Spend 20 mins folks and listen to MM in the after match press conference.

Really really interesting.

We now know MM calls it our game plan "The Box Format".

This game plan is not built upon having 20-22 super stars but 22 players who know the roles they must play each and every match. Yes we need some superstars like Swan, Didak, Pendles, Ball, Jolly etc and these players are the cream, but the fact that our bottom 6-7 players are better than every other team means that each week we are very very difficult to beat.

Every team will now spend the summer trying to take our game plan apart, but I think that MM has developed a game plan that is 12-18 months ahead of any other team/coach that it will be very very hard to beat in 2011.

As jack_spain asks "how good are our young players ?" Jack - the best in the AFL as we watched today. We took apart St. Kilda (and Geelong 2 weeks ago) like no other team has in the past 2 years.

Lets all enjoy this win, as we deserve it.

CFC - 2010 AFL Premiers - that is so sweet and rolls of the tongue so well.

Well done Collingwood, the players, the coaches, staff and the senior coach MM. We are so blessed to have them all. :D
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

Woke up this morning from the strangest dream... I was in the biggest army the world had ever seen...
HANDS OFF OUR JUMPER

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
HammerHead

Sensational

Post by HammerHead »

Got the game in the USA and wow!! You bloody ripper! What pressure, not getting games here except for the GF I could see what you guys have been enjoying all year. Saints just could not match our intensity and we made them look second rate.

Loved Micks speech what a gentleman he is!!

Loved the touch with the kids getting the medal

BUT......

most of all LOVED that cup in magpie hands!!

Enjoy you Melbournites celebrate and have a cold one for me
favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

That makes it all worth it. I never thought I would see the day... let alone be apart of it. I touched the cup! :P
Joel

Post by Joel »

**** yes! Too tired tight now. Go the Mighty Maggies! Post more later today.
RockabyDaisy

Post by RockabyDaisy »

JUST GOT HOME :) From celebrating!!

City has been madness with Pies everywhere.

Game today was just Magnificent.

Mick, Eddie, Nick, Boys YOU ARE LEGENDS NOW. FOREVER IN OUR HISTORY.

PROUD is how I'm feeling because they FU*KING DESERVE IT AND SO DO WE :)

AAMI Park was amazing when the players got presented, seeing how happy they were to be cheered. Must be amazing playing for the best supported team.

COLLINGWOOD FOREVER!!

P.S Off to bed then up again to head straight back to Family DAY.

GO PIES
Collingwood FOREVER.
There is more to Football than life.