AFL disgraced in Essendon saga

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Lazza

Post by Lazza »

collie dog wrote:Well it won't be long now and our worst fears are realised: The Bombers will not get any ASADA sanctions. (You were right Lazza!).
True and humble thanks but it still bloody shits me to death how these wankers got away with it :evil:
As many others here have said, just imagine what an enormous mess it would have been if it had been Collingwood.... :roll: Unbelievable.... :shock:
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

collie dog wrote:Well it won't be long now and our worst fears are realised: The Bombers will not get any ASADA sanctions. (You were right Lazza!).

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/does-a-p ... 321vd.html

What a joke the AFL penalties were, and even more so on everyone if the ASADA sanctions don't come. I mean if Essendon weren't taking illegal substances why in hell were they banned from the finals? If I was a Bombers supporter I'd be after Dimmy's head!

Last night on Summer 360 David King even suggested that Bomber's Bombers could win the flag this year. If that were to happen - especially since Essendon has improved BECAUSE they have been taking PEDs - then I would serious consider calling it quits over footy. I'll follow baseball instead. :evil:

This story is by Roy Masters enough said.
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I was?
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

The penalties applied to Essendon personnel so far:

- James Hird, 12 month holiday with full pay in advance. 2 year coaching contract extension

- Bomber Thompson, promoted to head coaching role for 12 months with a hefty pay rise

- Jobe Watson, keeps Brownlow despite admitting to taking AOD604

My workplace would be in total anarchy if it applied penalties like this for misconduct.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

The Seedsmeister wrote:The penalties applied to Essendon personnel so far:

- James Hird, 12 month holiday with full pay in advance. 2 year coaching contract extension

- Bomber Thompson, promoted to head coaching role for 12 months with a hefty pay rise

- Jobe Watson, keeps Brownlow despite admitting to taking AOD604

My workplace would be in total anarchy if it applied penalties like this for misconduct.
Unbelievable isn't it?

And of course because it is NOT Collingwood, the bloody hack media will let them get away with it all without a question or issue....... :x :evil:

Integrity in the media! I'll like to see that............. :roll:
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

The Darkest Day In Australian Sport. What a bloody disgrace.

Home Affairs Minister Jason Clare and Minister for Sport Senator Kate Lundy speak to the media during a joint press conference with sporting code representatives. Photo: Alex Ellinghausen

All these political cronies beating up the issue and trying to get as much mileage as possible.
F'n disgrace
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Member 7167 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time

Yes

Post by Hiss »

Essendon and this whole thing is over. No penalties that count for much. It is now over. Time to move on.

I still remember the Windy Hill Brawl. I was at that game. That's when I respected Essendon.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

Member 7167 wrote:The Darkest Day In Australian Sport. What a bloody disgrace.

Home Affairs Minister Jason Clare and Minister for Sport Senator Kate Lundy speak to the media during a joint press conference with sporting code representatives. Photo: Alex Ellinghausen

All these political cronies beating up the issue and trying to get as much mileage as possible.
Right it was Clare who sourced the drugs and Lundy who said they were OK to take.

Nothing to do with Hird or Essendrug
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

neil wrote:

Right it was Clare who sourced the drugs and Lundy who said they were OK to take.

Get a break. These clowns went on national television making all sorts of claims. At the end of the day - WHERE ARE THE FACTS.

I suppose you support and endorse these idiots.
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time

Yeah

Post by Hiss »

Member 7167 wrote:
neil wrote:

Get a break. These clowns went on national television making all sorts of claims. At the end of the day - WHERE ARE THE FACTS.

I suppose you support and endorse these idiots.
Proves once again the ALP are the most corrupt unethical political party in Australian History. Nation wreckers. They troll out pretty little ex unionists to spook everyone on non issues for baseless and puerile political gain. Football needs to be left for us to enjoy and not wrecked by the ALP like they have wrecked everything else.

I am Hiss and that's my view. Goodnight and Bless you all.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
Presti35
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Well it aint over til its over.

Until ASADA actually report their findings or close the matter, it will still be haning above them.

When this happens, who knows?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Presti35 wrote:Well it aint over til its over.

Until ASADA actually report their findings or close the matter, it will still be hanging above them.

Agreed

The ox is slow but the earth is patient.
Get back on top.
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

Cam wrote:

Until ASADA actually report their findings or close the matter, it will still be hanging above them.

Agreed

The ox is slow
but the earth is patient.
That's why the ox took peptides.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Footballs darkest day? Wasn't that when the lights when out at waverely and there was a mini riot?
Last edited by 3rd degree on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Until ASADA actually report their findings or close the matter, it will still be haning above them.

Eternally waiting for absolutely nothing to happen reminds me of my expectations of the Abbott government..... :twisted: :P