The Girls Board

If you want to be able to chat about the really interesting stuff in footy without being hassled by the guys - do it here!

Moderators: Hanskies, foxychick

tazzies_girl

Post by tazzies_girl »

Lol u guys r gr8. My cousins at uni doin nursing. Shes on rounds soon, it's really interesting but i dont think i'd wanna do it but its very interesting, i luv her stories. I'd luv to hav my own shop. Like clothes. Me and 2 of my friends hav planned our shop its really cool, i'd luv to do that but i'd want sumthin else. I'd like to design sum stuff for it. i reckn i could do that pretty well, i luv the whole atmosphere of it, it'd be amazing!!
RitchieColeRocks

Post by RitchieColeRocks »

Hi Guys,
I haven't read many of the posts on this website but I am getting the jist people are talking about what they want for a careers and how it may not be possible.

Have you all heard of Jules Lund?

I'll tell you a bit about him, it's pretty inspirational really.

He is now on Getaway... one of the main hosts but he has always dreamed of hosting his own show

- A few years ago he one that "STAR FOR A DAY" or whatever it is on the radio.
- After that he got a job on the radio
- Then he did work for "REACH" as a motivational speaker.
- Then he got a job on so fresh
- Now he's on getaway

Moral of the story - He is taking baby steps to get to where he wants to be. Anything is possible if you map it out right.
"Carn the Pies"
Miss_Lisey_Molloy

Post by Miss_Lisey_Molloy »

I work at Wendy's ice-cream shop. My friend who works there is doing work experience there in June :P

I did work experience at a shop called Chocolate Passions. I made coffees and packaged & sold chocolates and lollies. It was good, because her 2 main girls were both on 6 week vacations, so she kept me on until they came back, and paid me what Wendy's paid me.

Now I'm learning to do child-care like Bec. I'm in the same course as her, but at a different institution. Once this year is over, I can work as an attendant, whilst still going to tafe to do my diploma. Once the 2 year, full-time, diploma course is over, I will be the qualified staff member in the room. That means I can run the room by myself. Then I will work as a qualified whilst doing a 6 month course in Child Care Centre management. I hope to own my own centre one day :)

Good luck with your search. Don't stress about a career now. I didn't realise what I wanted to do till about October last year.

Love always, Alyssa xoxo
*~Alyssa's Song Of The Moment~*
I See You - Luke Bryan

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
Hanskies

Re: ...

Post by Hanskies »

RitchieColeRocks wrote:Jules Lund?

Donna, Mate!

Your forgetting the most important thing! He is F**KING HOT!

Did anyone hear one of his interview on the She-bang on TripleM?
Was talking about his cousins! LMAO Funniest thing Ive ever heard so Im sharing it!!

His cousins older sister, told the little brothers when they were toilet training! That Boys werent aloud to sit on the seat of the toilet! It was just for the girls!!! And of they sat on it, then they were VERY NAUGHTY! Many many years go by, and the boys are now grown adults, one is overseas staying at a backpackers- in the toilets! Toilets not having doors, he sees this one guy taking a dump and says something along the lines of WTF are u sitting in the "girls seat your not meant to do that"
The tourist on the crown had to explain to him that EVERYONE sits on the seat when taking a dump!
For years Jules' cousin had been lifting both the lid and the seat of the loo and sitting basically on/in the bowl to take a dump!!!
How proud would you be if you were the sister, and the joke had lasted so long that it went from 18months old to adulthood! LMAO
RitchieColeRocks

He is hot, Sorry I forgot that.
He came out to our school to do a motivational speach thing... wow it was pretty awesome. he ended up sensing all these problems and come back, had us all in tears. was so emotional.
"Carn the Pies"
Hanskies

Post by Hanskies »

And hott donna! HOTTTTTT!
tazzies_girl

Post by tazzies_girl »

omg the reach program?? its made by like jimmy stynes yeah?? we had them come to our school a few weeks ago. It was so amazing, me and my friends bawled our eyes out. At the start they talked about confidence then they talked about our comfort zones then went onto friendships and relationships. Is that what they did at ure school RitchieColeRocks?? And u apoligized to ne1 u had wronged and that? it was amazing it was sooo good
i_luv_tarkyn!

Post by i_luv_tarkyn! »

Just thought I would let you know I am currently on my first Clinical Placement for my Bachelor of Nursing.
I have had 2 early shifts .. which killed me and 3 late shifts to finish off the week.
But I have enjoyed it so far, it has made me realise that I think this is what I want to do which is a huge thing for me.

Although I have only had 2 days in the hospital, it has changed me. Seeing patients so sick and their families has had a huge affect on me personally.
Life is precious ...

Hope everyone in Year 12 is going ok, you will get through it

luv jess
LIVESTRONG
RitchieColeRocks

yeah that's the reach program we had. how good is it. only we got the hottie himself HEHE which made it even better. we were all crying like big babies... so funny.

with clinical placements alot of my mates did them last year. my friend had her first die on her really early on which upset her BIG TIME
"Carn the Pies"
tazzies_girl

Post by tazzies_girl »

Hey girls
thought u guys mite no, whats the average price for an ipod mini these days???
luv rhan xoxox
RitchieColeRocks

just under $300 i think.
"Carn the Pies"
swooper
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swooper »

The thing about nursing Jess is that you will always have it, you can branch out into heaps of other things with nursing, you can travel with it as well! Good on you, its very rewarding and undervalued work IMO.

Good luck on placement!
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

Yeah i'm on my second placements for teaching. I loved my first placement i didn't want to leave! ... now I have a really mean teacher I actually had to take a day off today, rang up my uni supervisor and asked to speak with her cos I can't handle it much more ... how can people be so negative in the world! it's just been tough..just pray that things get better :)
I might get a deferal from the schol it's getting that bad :( though I have an interview with the uni supervisor we'll see what happens!
tazzies_girl

Post by tazzies_girl »

do'u no wot job i reckn would b good but i'd probly get sick of it. i'd love to work at Neighbours or on a movie set or something and dress all the actors for there parts in the wardrobe department. Or i'd really love to do events managment and organise club functions and that. or work at the dome that'll b so cool, then u could organise other stuf not just footy
tazzies_girl

Post by tazzies_girl »

Hey girls how do ya post pics?