Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Big T wrote:Madgen will be retained.
Absolutely.
themonk

Post by themonk »

RudeBoy wrote:^
Makes my eyes sad.
Everyone realises we haven't lost since his absence right?
I'd rather invest time into McMahon, Kelly & Dean.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

^ ^ ^
Nah, we should have got Jake Kelly when “ everyone “cried out for his signature ….. oh wait. Dropped from the Bombers team. They must be going alright, then.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

The Madgen love is harder to reconcile than the last episode of Lost!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

How long is Larkey contracted for?
Get back on top.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Him or the Zuhaar bloke, surely we could get one!
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Him or the Zuhaar bloke, surely we could get one!
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Cam wrote:How long is Larkey contracted for?
Until the end of 2024.

Always thought he was good forward. Would be a star in a better team.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Pep

Post by Pep »

Jezza wrote:^
Would like Larkey as well. But Roos booted Brown out to build around him, would take bit to get him I reckon.

A McKay and Moore partnership would be pretty good as well I reckon!!!

If we are having a crack for McStay and the money is correct, would it not be better to try and get Lobb from dockers if he wants to come back to Vic? (i don't know if he's restricted or not)
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I believe we will keep De Goey on a lessened contract with incentives rewarding him for certain achievements during the year. Also I think he might wish to repay Collingwood for his recent indiscretions.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

lazzadesilva wrote:I believe we will keep De Goey on a lessened contract with incentives rewarding him for certain achievements during the year. Also I think he might wish to repay Collingwood for his recent indiscretions.
I'd like to think you are right, but I'm not sure he is capable of understanding his current predicament, and the debt he actually owes the club which has paid him a fortune in recent years. Judging purely by his interactions in the media he seems pretty self centred. A great player, but a pretty ordinary bloke from what I can tell.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Larkey please
Est. 2002
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by piffdog »

RudeBoy wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:I believe we will keep De Goey on a lessened contract with incentives rewarding him for certain achievements during the year. Also I think he might wish to repay Collingwood for his recent indiscretions.
I'd like to think you are right, but I'm not sure he is capable of understanding his current predicament, and the debt he actually owes the club which has paid him a fortune in recent years. Judging purely by his interactions in the media he seems pretty self centred. A great player, but a pretty ordinary bloke from what I can tell.
Going to be interesting watching this play out. Jordy not exactly pumping up his asking price while he’s on the sidelines. It is all of course playing into the club’s hands I think. If he can’t get a decent bid from somewhere else maybe he will accept staying is his only course. What we do t know of course is if the club definitely wants him gone - in which case we probably want him tearing g the house down and getting the largest possible contract offer…
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Prexm68

Post by Prexm68 »

I was reading some posts about list sizes. You must have a minimum of 36 on the main list and have minimum 3 changes to that every year. We have already made one of these with Roughy retiring and Noble will have to go on the main list at years end. That leaves a minimum of 2 more changes through the National Draft though we generally take at least 3 picks. We have the maximum 6 Cat A rookies already but can delist one of those players likely Chugg if we want a pick in the Rookie Draft. Wilson is Cat B and I think he has to be delisted or put on main list at years end. Not sure how many years he has been on the list which decides this.
For what it’s worth I agree with themonk that at minimum it should b C Brown and Madgen delisted but I am sure there will be more with other delistings and players changing clubs.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

I liked McKay’s game yesterday