Rucking Duties

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I guess Mason Cox is bit cock a hoop right now, had Grundy come back, he might have been sidelined a bit more. Now hes right in the mix, and good on him for this season, he an Cameron were a pretty good tag team in the ruck. Now we have McStay, maybe Frampton who could do part time ruck duties, so its all good. Glad we have some tall timber now too, McStay can to the job Roughie did, we really missed Roughie when he retired. IN the QF, we had no body to go to bloody Rohan, as Moore an Howe had to take Hawk and their Cameron, so Rohan, a battler, cut loose. That will never happen again, ever. Yeh, all good I reckon.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

I know we are looking at a couple in the draft. They look very good.

Still, with Cameron, Cox and Begg - combined on less dollars than Dees are paying grundy and Fawn.

We now also have Frampton, Kreuger and McStay as support.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

dbl
Michael Jordan
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Given the axis of our trading, we have very resoundingly addressed the issue of lack of talls.
We now have a very deep reservoir of potential ruck capacity: Cameron, Cox, Kreuger, McStay, Frampton, ...
There are two key questions:
a) How do we see the significance of the rucking role? Does our new game style no longer require elite rucking capacity, but just a competitive capacity?
b) Will the depth in rucking capacity that we have now acquired compensate for the loss of quality suffered through the loss of Grundy?
The two questions are of course totally interconnected.
The addition of Mitchell naturally is very important, because his presence as another inside mid will enhance our overall strength at all ruck contests.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Sure as hell won’t be tapping it within a 2m radius.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
princem007

Post by princem007 »

Who gives a toss… he is gone now… move on !
Go Pies...Premiers 2010
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

burnsy17 wrote:Thought I heard Wright say in his post trade interview that we’ll be looking at a back up ruck option through the PSD or draft.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we pick up a Mature aged big man from the state leagues
Could look at Harry Boyd from Norwood - was BOG in their SANFL grand final win. https://norwoodfc.com.au/teams/players/ ... eason=2022
I think therefore I think - I think
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Presti35 »

princem007 wrote:Who gives a toss… he is gone now… move on !
Exactly. And this thread is about those taking on his role in 2023.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Mason Cox, over too you big boy, for another stellar season, with Darcy C, of course.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

think better wrote:
burnsy17 wrote:Thought I heard Wright say in his post trade interview that we’ll be looking at a back up ruck option through the PSD or draft.

Could look at Harry Boyd from Norwood - was BOG in their SANFL grand final win. https://norwoodfc.com.au/teams/players/ ... eason=2022
I know we are keen on Isaac Keeler. 16 might just get him.
Michael Jordan
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

If we can get Lemmey at 16 all well and good, its too high a pick for a ruck prospect
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

You heard right.

Wright said we'll be looking for a back up ruckman, most likely from the draft.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Piesnchess wrote:Mason Cox, over too you big boy, for another stellar season, with Darcy C, of course.
"Another"? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... n_Cox.html

Averages per game for 2022 - 6 kicks, 2 handballs, 3 marks. 1 goal every 2 and a half weeks and a goal assist every 18 games.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

MJ23 wrote:
think better wrote:

I know we are keen on Isaac Keeler. 16 might just get him.
Says in this article that Keeler is an Academy player prospect for Adelaide. I'm never quite sure how these things work.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/856829/kevi ... ards-rucks
I think therefore I think - I think
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Mason Cox, over too you big boy, for another stellar season, with Darcy C, of course.
"Another"? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... n_Cox.html

Averages per game for 2022 - 6 kicks, 2 handballs, 3 marks. 1 goal every 2 and a half weeks and a goal assist every 18 games.
Guided his team to a prelim that we would have won if he didn't get injured, game was set up for him in the last 10 mins.

The above is more than Grundy could manage....did we ever get to the bottom of if his second injury was even real? Weak as piss
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer