Post Match. Pies win thriller. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

bally12 wrote:I'll meet your Dawson flop, and raise you this crow frow that led to the last Texan goal.
https://twitter.com/TheDak04/status/167 ... IaW2w&s=19

Embarrassing that the captain and coach of a football club carry on like whiny pork chops. Sheesh. Bunch of tossers.

As for Slobbo who had a good cry about the crows getting robbed, for a full 5 mins on his show. Pathetic. They must pay Gerard a decent amount to be associated with this clown.
Exactly. For the high contact missed on Dawson, there are innumerable missed decisions to Adelaide's advantage (and no doubt ot ours as well). If you are going to claim that you should have won because of one of the last missed decisions, you are biased and pathetic, and will learn absolutely no lessons from the game itself. If that is the attitude of Adelaide's coach, then no way will he his team have any success. If it is the attitude of the captain, ditto.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

Skids wrote:Adelaide were lucky that JDG got handed a ridiculous 3 game suspension and that Sidey hurt hisself in his 300th.
They're also lucky that maggot who ripped Coxys glasses off didn't get suspended.
I'm lucky the doctors got all the cancer and I don't need any follow up chemo/radiation.

We're all lucky we follow the greatest club in the world 8)
Well said and good on you.
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Magpietothemax wrote:
bally12 wrote:I'll meet your Dawson flop, and raise you this crow frow that led to the last Texan goal.

Embarrassing that the captain and coach of a football club carry on like whiny pork chops. Sheesh. Bunch of tossers.

As for Slobbo who had a good cry about the crows getting robbed, for a full 5 mins on his show. Pathetic. They must pay Gerard a decent amount to be associated with this clown.
Exactly. For the high contact missed on Dawson, there are innumerable missed decisions to Adelaide's advantage (and no doubt ot ours as well). If you are going to claim that you should have won because of one of the last missed decisions, you are biased and pathetic, and will learn absolutely no lessons from the game itself. If that is the attitude of Adelaide's coach, then no way will he his team have any success. If it is the attitude of the captain, ditto.
Really well written and I fully agree. This selective reporting is boring and not really worth reading the paper Slobbo writes for. I cannot mention him with a straight face knowing what I know about him when he lived in Bendigo for years and reported for the local rag. He is an absolute tosser.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Fly's presser

You've won another close one. How do you keep getting it done?
"Yeah, ideally we wouldn't put ourselves in that position, but credit to the Crows. I thought their third quarter was outstanding. You've heard it all before I suppose. We just want to win. There's a great will to win. Johnny Noble's efforts in the last quarter and over the other side of the ground is testament to that. There's a number of players that just don't want to give up. Good method. Went back to basics, really. Like in the last quarter, we went back to the team we want to be. We couldn't get inside 50s in the third quarter through good pressure and turnovers and the like. Just went back to basics; 'let's get this going our way and see what comes of it'".
You mentioned John Noble, someone like Will Hoskin-Elliott really stood up in the last 15 minutes.
"Yeah, I'm looking forward to watching the last quarter. I tend to do a red wine replay after a win; only one glass so drink responsibly. I'm looking forward to seeing all those little efforts. I mentioned after the game that the will to compete and scrap and fight and all the things we want to be proud of or to see in us I'm looking forward to watching them because there was many".
How pleased were you with your last quarter response after a conceding a large number of consecutive goals, similar to what happened against Brisbane earlier in the year?
"What happens in the game is like you have scoreboard in your favour and then you give up turnovers and then that creates hope and then there's an energy. The opposition transitioned the ball really well. This team had transitioned the ball as good as anyone in the competition. Up until half time, they had two goals. One of the best attacking teams in the comp had two goals and I know they missed a few shots they could have got, but that's something we come in at half time and go 'we're defending the ground really well' and then all of a sudden we go away from that. They put stress on us and they kick seven goals and then we get back to it and they kick two [goals] in the last quarter. I know again they had more shots. It's a pretty simple game, like defend the ground well. Going back to your question, the ability to defend the ground and fight back was something we'll reflect on and take with us".
How close will you look at the 3rd quarter when you review the game?
"I'll wait and see on that. I'd like to see the game as an optimistic view of it; 80-20. I'm sure there's things in that third quarter I already know in my head watching it that we'll go 'ok, let's tidy that up'. They're not big things, they're little things. They really are. They're only little things and small margins in this game, we get ourselves a two point victory. It doesn't take much. It doesn't take much to give opposition hope".
Nick Daicos seemed to spend extended periods of time on the bench. Was that by design?
"He started on the bench. We thought we'd go into this game playing Nick as a mid and with Jordy [De Goey] out we sort of thought there's an opportunity and in the last couple of weeks we've done the same. Not tactically, just for what we think was the best mix for us and then maybe that gave him energy in the last quarter to keep running because he's an incredible athlete. What's lost in all of the spectacular possessions and goals and stuff is how good a runner he is. He's remarkable".
Nick Daicos seemed to be one of the big reasons why the momentum shifted in your favour in the last quarter.
"Yeah, it's a pattern of behaviour now, isn't it? It's not a one off. It's a pattern of behaviour. I must admit there's a butcher's queue for who wants to get involved and make us win. They're all on an up. They all want their turn. They get their opportunity to have their moment or that inspirational act. There's so many of them and as we go back to them, I'm looking forward to putting those together in a little bit of a package to say 'hey you got to get through this to beat us'".
What did Jeremy Howe add to the team today?
"Intercept marking. Plays to his strengths. He can play on smalls and talls. It's a nice comeback; 20 possessions or something. He's a great player for us. I don't know if he gets lost on how good a player he is. I think his ability to read the play, intercept and set up others. He's our vice captain too, so his leadership and his knowledge of the game is [something] we've missed enormously. Exciting to think he's going to get better from this".
Back on Nick Daicos, you mentioned De Goey not being there has meant he's played more midfield time. Will he stay in the midfield when De Goey returns?
"That's a good question. I think futuristically we see Nick being a midfielder, like if we're going list management forecasting we think Nick is going to be an inside mid. Wright's looking at me going 'you just stick to your job'; 'I'll coach ground balls, you do the list'. But futuristically, I think he's going to be an inside midfielder and so it's just a matter of time and picking the right opportunities when they present. Also, we don't quite have someone like him down back either to get the ball out of there, so there will be a balance".
What about Josh Daicos, have we in the media underestimated him?
"I'm not sure what the external view is. I know internally we're rapt. I think they had 70 possessions between them. Peter would be pretty happy tonight. Just the ability to do their job. I thought Josh was influential on the scoreboard with the way it looked at half time. He was significant. The way he played his role, the way his possessions had value. It's nice to see both of them smile at the end of the game and really enjoying their footy".
In the last 18 months, so much has been made about your comebacks. Are you hoping your continued ability to win close games will serve you well in the finals?
"Yeah, well there's a pattern of behaviour for that. Reality is, all 18 teams are just trying to qualify. Some have got more hope than others. Some are around the edge, and we're just in the business right now of taking it one game at a time. We just need to qualify. We haven't qualified yet; like if we lost every other game I wouldn't have thought our position in the eight is guaranteed. We're just got to keep working towards that. Expectation aside or whatever it looks like, we're just in that world, we're living in that space. All the little lessons, the little patterns, the little opportunities missed or gained, they're all going to stand us in good stead when we need them, to draw upon them and that's what you call experience".
What did you make of Mason Cox's last quarter?
"He's having a great year isn't he? He's significant in terms of the crowd. 65,000 here on a Sunday [in the] middle of winter. I must admit, my daughter didn't scan her ticket, so I think they missed one so whatever the number is, add one to that. Mason's been fantastic. He's got a presence. He's kicking his goals. He's got a presence, he's playing with great spunk. We're rapt with how he's going".
Any concern with Brayden Maynard as he came off the ground late in the game?
"I'll say no. But again, you have to wait until Tuesday when we see him next. I thought it just was a winding or whatever. I think he'll be ok".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o95i-fRYMoU
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

wow thats a bulldog pass!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

^Regarding again the missed high contact on Dawson: just watched the last quarter (for the 5th time), and noted that Rankine threw the ball to the Adelaide player running past who then passed the ball to Walker, who was able to outmaneuvre Bruzza and waltz in for a goal. That made the score 81-80.
Had the throw been penalised, we take a free kick from the centre and go forward.
That is the idiocy of attempting to make the result hinge on one missed call.
Y
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

To be fair a lot of us do the same thing with Maynard being blocked in the 2018 GF. But you’re not wrong of course. Unless it’s a literal Sirengate where the result can be overturned, there’s no point complaining about final-minute umpiring decisions after the game. They pay what they see and that’s that.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 147 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

^ Cheers Jezza, appreciate you taking time to drop these into the thread. Always good reading.
Last edited by LaurieHolden on Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

LaurieHolden wrote:^ Cheers Jezza, appreciate you taking time to drop these intonthe thread. Always good reading.
I second that!
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:^ Cheers Jezza, appreciate you taking time to drop these intonthe thread. Always good reading.
I second that!
me 2
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:
Take_a_Screamer wrote:
I second that!
me 2
Thank you all.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Adelaide captain still whingeing about the non-free at the end of the game:
https://twitter.com/9NewsAdel/status/16 ... 54689?s=20

Also, Keays fined $1000 for misconduct for ripping off Mason's glasses.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

He’s getting rightly roasted on social media. Also seeing Rankine’s rugby pass in the replies a lot:
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

That was a definite free to the Adelaide player,but what people forget is that the free kick would have been taken about 45 metres out on an angle,so it was far from a certainty that he would have kicked the goal anyway.The way Adelaide are carrying on you’d think it happened about five metres from goal right in front.

And as others have said,there were other umpiring mistakes that were made like the throw from Rankine that resulted in the last Adelaide goal.So it’s all swings and roundabouts and it evens up in the end.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

doriswilgus wrote:That was a definite free to the Adelaide player,but what people forget is that the free kick would have been taken about 45 metres out on an angle,so it was far from a certainty that he would have kicked the goal anyway.The way Adelaide are carrying on you’d think it happened about five metres from goal right in front.

And as others have said,there were other umpiring mistakes that were made like the throw from Rankine that resulted in the last Adelaide goal.So it’s all swings and roundabouts and it evens up in the end.
Any whinging, whining, sooking Crow who is even slightly intelligent should know that not getting a free kick in the last quarter is no different to Collingwood not getting a free kick in any quarter of the game. If they watch the replay with both eyes, you will see that at least 2 blatant frees were not paid to Collingwood
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️