#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by Presti35 »

My theory about him missing training and coming out for a quiet one came true. (Maynard did the same last week).
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
think positive
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

He plays like Dids used to, waits for others to get the ball out, I hate that
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

piedys wrote:Coach numpty should have played him in the middle late in the game, but no... his ability to vanish, along with WHE, is extraordinary...
Just shows how Stupid out Coaches are
I am Da Man
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Buckley chained him to the goal square and no one kicked to his leads. Horrid inside 50 set up when you’re at the ground watching from the top deck. No space for him to lead into. Wasted. Brisbane would have been laughing at that coaching effort. Pathetic.
Est. 2002
piedys
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by piedys »

Raw Hammer wrote:Buckley chained him to the goal square and no one kicked to his leads. Horrid inside 50 set up when you’re at the ground watching from the top deck. No space for him to lead into. Wasted. Brisbane would have been laughing at that coaching effort. Pathetic.
Correct, if Mihochek had hit him on the nose lace-out in the last 5 minutes, when he had his defender done cold on the lead, we would not be making this an issue, and instead celebrating a gallant win.

But we find ways to snatch defeat from jaws of victory; just like 2018.

Don't go changing just to please us plebs, Collingwood.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Raw Hammer wrote:Buckley chained him to the goal square and no one kicked to his leads. Horrid inside 50 set up when you’re at the ground watching from the top deck. No space for him to lead into. Wasted. Brisbane would have been laughing at that coaching effort. Pathetic.
The Whole AFL would be Laughing how Bad our Coaches are
I am Da Man
piedys

Post by piedys »

Dave The Man wrote:The Whole AFL would be Laughing how Bad our Coaches are
How Harvey and Sanderson keep their jobs, judging by the disposal standard, is utterly bewildering...
piedys

Post by piedys »

Dave The Man wrote:
piedys wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:The Whole AFL would be Laughing how Bad our Coaches are
How Harvey and Sanderson keep their jobs, judging by the disposal standard, is utterly bewildering...
Because they where Bucks and Eddie's Mates
And this is the price you pay for retaining toadying, sycophantic yes-men...
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

piedys wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
piedys wrote: How Harvey and Sanderson keep their jobs, judging by the disposal standard, is utterly bewildering...
Because they where Bucks and Eddie's Mates
And this is the price you pay for retaining toadying, sycophantic yes-men...
Dictator Eddie was control of everything at the Club.

Good thing he has Left
I am Da Man
Jezza
Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 204 times

Post by Jezza »

JDG looked flat.

Wonder if he had something more than a "sniffle" earlier in the week?
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Presti35 wrote:My theory about him missing training and coming out for a quiet one came true. (Maynard did the same last week).
Yes, I thought about that during the game. Maynard, although a little more energised tonight, was still not up to his usual level of manic contesting.

I agree with Piedy's comment too. As soon as Checkers let go with that long bomb instead of passing to JDG on the lead, my heart sank. Love ya Checkers, but that was completely the wrong option!!! :(
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Who knows where his head is at, got some pretty major things hanging over him. Going to be a week to week proposition, mentally I reckon. Of course all the supermen on Nicks would take it all in their stride and perform their normal jobs if it was them... don't @ me just because he's on a lot of coin, he's a human being too.
Get back on top.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times

Post by Piesnchess »

He put in a bad game, or pretty ordinary by his standards, but hey, he had a few mates like WHE, Magden, Mihocheck. He was great last week, poor this one, he really needs to lift against GWS, and so do others.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Cam wrote:Who knows where his head is at, got some pretty major things hanging over him. Going to be a week to week proposition, mentally I reckon. Of course all the supermen on Nicks would take it all in their stride and perform their normal jobs if it was them... don't @ me just because he's on a lot of coin, he's a human being too.
So what? Everyone has their own stuff, especially right now, and if your talking the charges again so what? Do you give the bus or train driver that out? How about an airline pilot? The team psychologist is sitting on the bench with them, if he can’t do his job, keep his mind on it, he can go crash a plane elsewhere.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

think positive wrote:
Cam wrote:Who knows where his head is at, got some pretty major things hanging over him. Going to be a week to week proposition, mentally I reckon. Of course all the supermen on Nicks would take it all in their stride and perform their normal jobs if it was them... don't @ me just because he's on a lot of coin, he's a human being too.
So what? Everyone has their own stuff, especially right now, and if your talking the charges again so what? Do you give the bus or train driver that out? How about an airline pilot? The team psychologist is sitting on the bench with them, if he can’t do his job, keep his mind on it, he can go crash a plane elsewhere.
Yes you do give them that out. I didn't understand the impact of mental health much because *touch wood* I've been blessed with a constitution or whatever to cope with it successfully. Didn't understand it until my wonderful son tried to kill himself and was only saved by an appartus malfunction. So now this whole process has me looking at mental health differently and how much that I didn't understand because my experiences in it weren't as deep. And with my son, there were few warning signs, as he kept it all inside him.

DeGoey is going to be up and down. Just because you pay for the entertainment, doesn't mean the entertainer is always at the top of their game mentally, and mentally can affect their performance. Sometimes even train drivers and pilots have sick days off. And psyches talk to you, not replace your body parts with robotics.
Get back on top.