#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Sorry your son got to that point.

If De Goey feels that way he should not play. It was his actions that resulted in the court case, whether guilty or not. Gees we canned Treloar and part of the excuse was your missus is going to Qld! We don’t think you will cope, yet Treloar was smart enough to take the time when he needed it. De Goey is not an entertainer, he is a professional football player.

As for the supermen on Nick’s, they are all expected to do their jobs to the best or at least close, of their ability, most for less money, why does he get a pass?

Personally I didn’t think DeGoey was that bad last night, I don’t like the way he ball watches, but I didn’t like it when Didak did it either, however Didak was far more acciurate when he was kicking for goals. And then there’s the bikie and his best mates driving skills.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

He didn’t look 100% last night. Whatever the sniffle was during the week, it had an effect. That said he could have had a couple more goals if Checkers and others hadn’t shanked their kicks/handballs.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Mr Miyagi wrote:He didn’t look 100% last night. Whatever the sniffle was during the week, it had an effect.
Possibly but I dint think he was the worst anyway, didn’t **** up like Sideys fumble, checkers was shocking, not ideal to rely on one player winning on a miracle shot.

Besides AFL got their dream finish!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Mr Miyagi wrote:He didn’t look 100% last night. Whatever the sniffle was during the week, it had an effect.
Possibly but I dint think he was the worst anyway, didn’t **** up like Sideys fumble, checkers was shocking, not ideal to rely on one player winning on a miracle shot.

Besides AFL got their dream finish!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Cam wrote:Who knows where his head is at, got some pretty major things hanging over him. Going to be a week to week proposition, mentally I reckon. Of course all the supermen on Nicks would take it all in their stride and perform their normal jobs if it was them... don't @ me just because he's on a lot of coin, he's a human being too.
I am sorry to say this, but if his mental wellbeing is influencing how he is coaching, he should not be coaching. That is the harsh reality.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Moore’s sliding under the radar and deserves a bit, he had a shocker after drinking his own kool-aid after the Carlton win. Brisbane worked him out though and played defensively on him with a spare player.
piedys
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by piedys »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Moore’s sliding under the radar and deserves a bit, he had a shocker after drinking his own kool-aid after the Carlton win. Brisbane worked him out though and played defensively on him with a spare player.
If so, what was said "spare player"'s immediate Collingwood opponent doing?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

piedys wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Moore’s sliding under the radar and deserves a bit, he had a shocker after drinking his own kool-aid after the Carlton win. Brisbane worked him out though and played defensively on him with a spare player.
If so, what was said "spare player"'s immediate Collingwood opponent doing?
That’s a mystery not even Scooby Doo could crack.
Woods

Post by Woods »

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Has he ever played a decent 4-quarter game? Is he even fit enough to do so?

He kicked 4 against Carlton last week - but did such damage as he was going to do before halftime and once they tightened up down back he was a spectator.

You know, an actual gun would have turned up for that last quarter against Brisbane and just tried to impose himself on the game. He's all icing and no cake.
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

Time to trade him and get big money to buy other players. I hear Sydney and GCS are looking at him and Grundy. If we trade these two we will have heaps of cash to buy exciting young talent that are hungry to win a flag. Look at the money we will save. Can finally build our new social club as well and reduce membership prices. It sure beats paying a fortune to keep losing .
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 76 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Cam wrote:Who knows where his head is at, got some pretty major things hanging over him. Going to be a week to week proposition, mentally I reckon. Of course all the supermen on Nicks would take it all in their stride and perform their normal jobs if it was them... don't @ me just because he's on a lot of coin, he's a human being too.
Exactamundo. Thank you Cam.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Dave The Man wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:Buckley chained him to the goal square and no one kicked to his leads. Horrid inside 50 set up when you’re at the ground watching from the top deck. No space for him to lead into. Wasted. Brisbane would have been laughing at that coaching effort. Pathetic.
The Whole AFL would be Laughing how Bad our Coaches are
But probably not the ones who haven’t played finals for the last three years.
You could argue, given how bad most of our players are according to most, the coaches have done quite well just to get that entire rabble into three consecutive finals tilts.
Crows and Giants haven’t been sighted since their G F losses. It ain’t easy backing up again after you’ve given everything and still fallen short.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Anyone can have a bad game. The true measure of a player is how he bounces back.
He will never be defensively minded but when you win most of your contests, it’s hard to shift the mindset to defence first. Dusty is lazy when Richmond don’t have the ball but always winning masks the few failings he has.

We can bag DeGoey as much as we like but the reduced interchange makes him the perfect type of player to have in your team. A midfield bull who can kick goals up forward while he’s resting rather than sitting on the pine for his breather.
Last edited by Pies2016 on Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by Piesnchess »

^ True, who would think De Goey, Mihochek and Cox, would all have poor games last night, after they did really well the week before ? Thats footy, no good crying over spilt milk, we lost a real close one after leading for 98% of the game, against a very good team, who should have made last yrs GF. We threw it away really, blame Bucks all you like, but our players, as r all AFL, are highly paid professionals, they should have KNOWN how to close the game down, when five points up, how to run the game out, they should have known that, but made dumb mistakes, like Sidey in last minute. Mind u, the Umps had a hand too, stepped up to the plate, no way did the League want their Darling Lions to go 0-3, i tell you that !

Well its done now, time to move on, must bring in a couple of kids next week, WHE for one, needs a long spell in the VFL, and Thomas maybe. Time to freshen up the team with an injection of youth, as the Swans have done, its working for them now, kids bring enthusiasm. I just hope the players are in a fiflthy and foul mood, when we face GWS, and take their vengeance out on them, as they damn well should after throwing this one away. ! Time to re load, and go again. !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.