#31,#26 Ben Johnson

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Well done Johnno, a true Collingwood bleeder
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

i thought Johnno was a bit quiet last week, so i'm hoping h'ell bounce back with a BOG this week. Congratulations on 150 gutsy games.
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

He has been a bit quiet of recent weeks but has been playing more forward of the ball meaning he will get less touches but they are more influential.

Congrats BJ. Jonno has stepped up as a leader of the club in the absence of our champions and is really doing the hard stuff. Im a great fan of his.

Even though his kicking style looks uncoordinated, it always goes straight, and he is devastating on the run infront of goal.

Well Done Mate
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Quinny, Jonno, Fraser, Chipper Adkins and Leon Davis all made their debut on that same day.

Congrats, Jonno.
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Johnson#26 wrote:Quinny, Jonno, Fraser, Chipper Adkins and Leon Davis all made their debut on that same day.

Congrats, Jonno.
Who's Quinny?
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Sorry, RB, the poster on page one who asked about those who debuted alongside Jonno.
quinny

Post by quinny »

Johnson#26 wrote:Quinny, Jonno, Fraser, Chipper Adkins and Leon Davis all made their debut on that same day.

Congrats, Jonno.
haha thanks mate...almost made it sound like i debuted that day too...!! love it!!

4 debutants in round 1 2000...unbelievable! shame chipper never made it though i really used to like him!! too small i guess...
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Johnson#26 wrote:Sorry, RB, the poster on page one who asked about those who debuted alongside Jonno.
Thanks J26, I was beginning to think altzheimers had begun to set in and i'd forgotten one of our players! Cheers.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

You don't remember? Who could forget young Rudeboy? Started on the bench wearing no 37, ran out late in the quarter, kicked a ripper goal, then accidently laid out Burnsie with an errant elbow and never played again. Could have been a great career if it wasn't for that. Rudeboy wound up coaching down Warnambool way, if I remember correctly, and spending all his evenings in Ronnie Wearmouth's pub.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Tannin wrote:You don't remember? Who could forget young Rudeboy? Started on the bench wearing no 37, ran out late in the quarter, kicked a ripper goal, then accidently laid out Burnsie with an errant elbow and never played again. Could have been a great career if it wasn't for that. Rudeboy wound up coaching down Warnambool way, if I remember correctly, and spending all his evenings in Ronnie Wearmouth's pub.
There's no need to remind me Tannin.
MagpieBoy

Ben Johnson

Post by MagpieBoy »

I don't know if you all agree but his season has been very average this year so far. Last year he was in so much better form but this year he is lacking in match fitness. I think he might be carrying an injury of some sort because he usually gives us a good drive into the forward line but this year he hasn't done that.

Do you think he MM is playing him in the wrong position?

Is he getting tagged?

Have clubs worked him out?

Maybe the midfield role doesn't suit him. maybe he has to go back to the half back flank and give us our drive from the backline.

I Just hope he lifts his socks and proves me wrong because i would like to see him do more.

Good luck for the rest of the season BJ.

Go Pies!!!
Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Harrysz »

I agree. I also think that Heath's been a bit down. Perhaps he needs Rhyce back.
Doska#6

Post by Doska#6 »

Heath is a gun even when we were getting smashed still put his body on the line his my favorite player by a country mile. Johnson has been average for a couple weeks now, as a sportsman, I know how tough it is going through a form slump, you start to doubt your self and want to do the simple things so you don't make a mistake. That is when things can go downhill. We all know Johnson can play it is just going to take one good game to get his confidence up.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times

Post by stui magpie »

Johnno has slipped backwards this year. I'm not sure if it's injury, fitness or confidence or a mix of all three. He seems to have lost a yard of pace whch means he's not breaking away from packs like he used to but is getting caught with the ball more often.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Johnno is playing like he has OP. I hope he hasn't.
Get back on top.