Chinese imperialism and future Australian sovereignty

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

stui magpie wrote:Is it too late to just going back to dropping a nuke on Bejing? A large one?
Once people start talking about massacring millions, even in jest, I think we’ve gotten to a pretty bleak place. I trust that you wouldn’t actually support anything so horrific (and insane).
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

There's over 1 billion people there. If you could drop a nuke and take out their entire political infrastructure I'd do it in a heartbeat, but only if I had some assurance that what replaced it wasn't worse.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 215 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:Is it too late to just going back to dropping a nuke on Bejing? A large one?
Once people start talking about massacring millions, even in jest, I think we’ve gotten to a pretty bleak place. I trust that you wouldn’t actually support anything so horrific (and insane).
um.... why didnt i get a reply like this when i suggested it instead of my comment getting removed and a pm??
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

David wrote:
Once people start accepting the massacring of wild animals like the rhino, the tiger, the lion, the pangolin etc etc etc driving these species to the brink of extinction and condone horrific cruelty of other species just to satisfy human greed, even in jest, we’ve gotten to a pretty bleak place. I trust that you wouldn’t actually support anything so horrific ( and insane).

They could change but they refuse to - regardless of the evidence, the consequences, they just don’t give a fck and they won’t change - too many $$$$ to be made! Pass me the button!!!

#****
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
David

Post by David »

stui magpie wrote:There's over 1 billion people there. If you could drop a nuke and take out their entire political infrastructure I'd do it in a heartbeat, but only if I had some assurance that what replaced it wasn't worse.
If human life is so expendable, what exactly are we fighting for again? Nothing China has done or probably ever would do is anywhere near as bad as what you’re suggesting.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
David

Post by David »

think positive wrote:
David wrote:
um.... why didnt i get a reply like this when i suggested it instead of my comment getting removed and a pm??
My heart bleeds for you, truly.
think positive

Post by think positive »

David wrote:
think positive wrote:
David wrote: Once people start talking about massacring millions, even in jest, I think we’ve gotten to a pretty bleak place. I trust that you wouldn’t actually support anything so horrific (and insane).
My heart bleeds for you, truly.
seriously?? you gave me a yellow flag for the second offence, this was the first remember? you should work in a Minneapolis donut shop! you make the rules up as you go along
Last edited by think positive on Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
think positive

Post by think positive »

David wrote:
stui magpie wrote:There's over 1 billion people there. If you could drop a nuke and take out their entire political infrastructure I'd do it in a heartbeat, but only if I had some assurance that what replaced it wasn't worse.
If human life is so expendable, what exactly are we fighting for again? Nothing China has done or probably ever would do is anywhere near as bad as what you’re suggesting.
we may not think human life is expendable, but the powers that be in China DO, otherwise we all would have had more warning.

#****
David

Post by David »

thinkpositive wrote: we may not think human life is expendable...
If you even vaguely support dropping bombs on people then that’s exactly what you think, and it honestly makes you ethically inferior to the Chinese leadership.
think positive

Post by think positive »

you are seriously deluded. chinas leadership dont give a **** about anyone. least of all their own peole,

and you still didnt address my question about rules for some and not for others
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^The hundreds of millions of Chinese people who have escaped extreme poverty in recent decades might have a different view. Have you asked them? Do you even have a circle of Chinese friends to ask?
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
think positive

Post by think positive »

My daughters friend who killed her self was Chinese, her mum told me all about what it was like growing up in China. Hell on earth. She was delivering babies in a hospital when she was 13.

You enjoy your little circle here guys, I don’t give a ****. China will never accept responsibility for this, they never tell the truth about anything.

And I still want to know, jokes aside, wether I or anyone else meant it or not, why I get warned and my comment removed when it was the exact same comment?
David

Post by David »

pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

think positive wrote:My daughters friend who killed her self was Chinese, her mum told me all about what it was like growing up in China. Hell on earth. She was delivering babies in a hospital when she was 13.

You enjoy your little circle here guys, I don’t give a ****. China will never accept responsibility for this, they never tell the truth about anything.
Great, you've known a grand total of one Chinese experience. Do you know how many Koreans I know, how long I lived there, and how many hours per week I spend with my head in Korean culture, and yet how hesitant I am to make calls about the government and society?

You need to stop and doubt your knowledge of China more. Much, much more. Any fool can crap on about governments in poor developing countries. That's piss easy. They're almost always rubbish, brutal and corrupt. This is not some trivial brand that can be influenced by Facebook outrage; 1.4B people aren't going away. But they would benefit from more solutions and less scapegoating and vitriol, something which looks particularly pathetic coming from an Anglosphere with monumental problems of its own.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
think positive

Post by think positive »

Last edited by think positive on Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.